• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Face, that was funny, and for the first since the beginning of time, true
I see a HOF QB, an RB, a gimp, and this \/
baker-mayfield-press-0-1.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Face, that was funny, and for the first since the beginning of time, true
Don't piss in my cheerios Manster. I'm not ready to believe it yet!

Ben is coming off a season where he went 33 TDs to 10 INTs. Steelers receivers led the NFL with dropped passes (41 drops) & 7 dropped TDs...

Baker: 26 TD - 8 INT
Jackson: 26 TD - 9 INT
Burrow* : 13 TD - 5 INT

Give Ben a semi-reasonable running game to compliment that offense and he's back in business.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben is coming off a season where he went 33 TDs to 10 INTs. Steelers receivers led the NFL with dropped passes (41 drops) & 7 dropped TDs...

Give Ben a semi-reasonable running game to compliment that offense and he's back in business.
Should have fixed the OL first. I like the RB, but that OL has really regressed. From what I've seen, not much has been done to address this? Anyway - if the OL plays up, the RB will absolutely help Ben - but I still question his arm/elbow. Going to be interesting to see this season play out.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Randy's scheme, that OL/Run game, and the constant dropped passes. None of that was on Ben and he still had an objectively good and productive season.

Anyone sleeping on Ben is in for a surprise, I think.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy's scheme, that OL/Run game, and the constant dropped passes. None of that was on Ben and he still had an objectively good and productive season.

Anyone sleeping on Ben is in for a surprise, I think.
Not to mention Ben was in the MVP discussion through 10-11 weeks. People seem to conveniently forget that.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have fixed the OL first. I like the RB, but that OL has really regressed. From what I've seen, not much has been done to address this? Anyway - if the OL plays up, the RB will absolutely help Ben - but I still question his arm/elbow. Going to be interesting to see this season play out.
They jettisoned 3/5 of last years line.

Kevin Dotson exists in a whole different universe from last years shitty LG. He's AMAZING. Alex Villanueva was a traffic cone last year, and Pouncey has been washed up for a few years now.

That's addition by subtraction. We still have questions at Tackle. We don't know how they are going to perform. But the middle of our line should be very solid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
II hear ya. Its debatable though. They stupidly decided to bench a rookie (Dotson) that was vastly outperforming the starter at LG. So they already had an upgrade after they let Feiler walk in FA this year. Also Villanueva & Pouncey had declined terribly and they didn't have any backup options. Banner is back to full health & Chuks is still getting his feet underneath him. So the OT position should improve. Drafting Kendrick Green to play center will be the biggest question mark. He was highly regarded by the Steelers scouting & FO, so I'm hopeful he can make an impact out the gate.

Things are looking up for their O-line... But it's not going to be a vastly improved group this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They jettisoned 3/5 of last years line.

Kevin Dotson exists in a whole different universe from last years shitty LG. He's AMAZING. Alex Villanueva was a traffic cone last year, and Pouncey has been washed up for a few years now.

That's addition by subtraction. We still have questions at Tackle. We don't know how they are going to perform. But the middle of our line should be very solid.
Totally get where you are coming from.

That is how we feel about losing Hart - addition by subtraction.

Reiff immediately upgrades the OL, and Williams was a former 1st round guy who missed his 1st year - so last year was his 1st year and having a rotating situation at LG/RG didn't help his growth.

I know many question the pick of Carman in round 2, but I really think this is going to be a solid addition. The biggest issue he had was pure speed guys on the edge, and his biggest positive was his size/strength. Moving him to RG for a year (or several depending on Reiff) before RT allows him to move to a position that limits his weakness while allowing him to utilize his strength while growing into the NFL level. Also, having a guy like Reiff next to him will be a big positive in his learning.

The nice thing about Carman is that he's a film junky - and for a guy who is as big/athletic as he is, it's nice to see that he's not a guy that seems to rely just on his skill, but works hard in the film room. Willie Anderson has helped train him in the past and gave him good reviews in moving him to RG. It also springs to mind the last time the Bengals did this with an OL - Andrew Whitworth.

Still think they should look to sign another veteran guard, but the OL will be much better than last year.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get where you are coming from.

That is how we feel about losing Hart - addition by subtraction.

Reiff immediately upgrades the OL, and Williams was a former 1st round guy who missed his 1st year - so last year was his 1st year and having a rotating situation at LG/RG didn't help his growth.

I know many question the pick of Carman in round 2, but I really think this is going to be a solid addition. The biggest issue he had was pure speed guys on the edge, and his biggest positive was his size/strength. Moving him to RG for a year (or several depending on Reiff) before RT allows him to move to a position that limits his weakness while allowing him to utilize his strength while growing into the NFL level. Also, having a guy like Reiff next to him will be a big positive in his learning.

The nice thing about Carman is that he's a film junky - and for a guy who is as big/athletic as he is, it's nice to see that he's not a guy that seems to rely just on his skill, but works hard in the film room. Willie Anderson has helped train him in the past and gave him good reviews in moving him to RG. It also springs to mind the last time the Bengals did this with an OL - Andrew Whitworth.

Still think they should look to sign another veteran guard, but the OL will be much better than last year.
If it was me, I would have drafted OL in the 1st and 2nd round. And maybe even again in the 3rd.

But Kevin Colbert gets paid millions to do this, and he's got a damn good track record.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben had the 3rd most attempts in the league last year, which was asinine to force him into at his age and post-injury/surgery.
Bingo. Obviously wasn't the plan when they had 4 straight 100-yd rushers to open the 2020 season... But once Randy's ineptitude to scheme caught up with him the entire offense went uber 1-dimensional. That worked ok for 3-4 weeks until even that predictability caught up with them. How they continued to win after that was solely due to the defense keeping them in games, but injuries ravaged them there so ultimately they had no answers.

Having a new OC should do wonders for the offense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben had the 3rd most attempts in the league last year, which was asinine to force him into at his age and post-injury/surgery.
Same with Burrow and his attempts behind that OL. Ridiculous.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Obviously wasn't the plan when they had 4 straight 100-yd rushers to open the 2020 season... But once Randy's ineptitude to scheme caught up with him the entire offense went uber 1-dimensional. That worked ok for 3-4 weeks until even that predictability caught up with them. How they continued to win after that was solely due to the defense keeping them in games, but injuries ravaged them there so ultimately they had no answers.

Having a new OC should do wonders for the offense.
Keeping Alualu was easily the most important FA win for this team this year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Letting him play behind a line like that was criminal. You're lucky he can come back.
100%. Knowing what they had, and doubling down on that line was just malpractice.

I did understand the angst by many to pass up on Sewell - but Williams is at LT and Reiff is at RT - and the Bengals didn't feel that those guys were solid fits for RG/LG spots, and Sewell was a pure OT at the NFL level - so if you add Sewell and don't get to move either of the other two to OG - the line doesn't really get upgraded.

I would have traded down for Darrisaw, personally (who I think will end up being one of the best OL in this draft) but it takes 2 to tango. Taking Chase gives the Bengals a potential elite level #1 outside to pair with Higgins, and allows Boyd to utilize the slot a ton more, which he is one of the top rated slot guys in the NFL, per PFF.

Question will come down to allowing Burrow the time to throw, and allowing space for Mixon to run to slow down the pass-rush as well. If they do, though - that WR core with Boyd, Higgins, Chase and Tate is pretty damn solid.

Going to be an interesting season in the AFCN, for sure.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta work hard if he wants to unseat the 2020 NFL dropped passes leader from Pitt - Diontae Johnson (led the NFL with 16)

Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers: 16 dropped passes​

If your memory of Diontae Johnson’s season involves lots of really short tosses on shallow drags bouncing off his hands or chest, you aren’t imagining things. Johnson dropped a whopping 14 passes within five yards of the line of scrimmage, per Sports Info Solutions. He dropped 16 overall to lead the league in this unofficial stat.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta work hard if he wants to unseat the 2020 NFL dropped passes leader from Pitt - Diontae Johnson (led the NFL with 16)

Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers: 16 dropped passes​

If your memory of Diontae Johnson’s season involves lots of really short tosses on shallow drags bouncing off his hands or chest, you aren’t imagining things. Johnson dropped a whopping 14 passes within five yards of the line of scrimmage, per Sports Info Solutions. He dropped 16 overall to lead the league in this unofficial stat.
tenor.gif

@Cincyfan78 woke up and chose violence this morning............. I like it