• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Silver on KD-Warriors: Not Good For NBA

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB trails both the NFL and NBA in popularity.

Which would show that parity isn't the answer.

Unintelligent people with short attention spans are. :lol:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would show that parity isn't the answer.

Unintelligent people with short attention spans are.
Don't sell yourself short... :D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB has the most parity hands down

Really? Going back 10 years...

MLB: 6 different champs- Giants (3), Cards (2), Red Sox (2), Royals (1), Phillies (1) & Yankees (1)
NHL: 6 different champs- Blackhawks (3), Penguins (2), Kings (2), Bruins (1), Red Wings (1) & Ducks (1)
NBA: 7 different champs- Spurs (2), Lakers (2), Heat (2), Cavs (1), Mavs (1), Warriors (1) & Celtics (1)
NFL: 9 different champs- Giants (2), Broncos (1), Seahawks (1), Pats (1), Ravens (1), Packers (1), Saints (1), Steelers (1) & Colts (1)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty competitive? There's like a 90% chance the finals will be the same as the two previous years. Get a grip dude. I get it. You're extatic that your team is good and you just gained another superstar. As a fan that's an exciting and awesome place to be. Quit trying to defend parity. There is no such thing right now. Your team is a favorite. Enjoy it and don't write stupid comments.

When did I defend parity? It's pretty clear in my posts that I'm against attempts to impose parity on the NBA.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Going back 10 years...

MLB: 6 different champs- Giants (3), Cards (2), Red Sox (2), Royals (1), Phillies (1) & Yankees (1)
NHL: 6 different champs- Blackhawks (3), Penguins (2), Kings (2), Bruins (1), Red Wings (1) & Ducks (1)
NBA: 7 different champs- Spurs (2), Lakers (2), Heat (2), Cavs (1), Mavs (1), Warriors (1) & Celtics (1)
NFL: 9 different champs- Giants (2), Broncos (1), Seahawks (1), Pats (1), Ravens (1), Packers (1), Saints (1), Steelers (1) & Colts (1)

Yes MLB has the most parity easily. I dont care about these stats. A wildcard team has a chance to win it all. How about a 4-8 seed in the NBA? Not a chance

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your long paragraph/essay/homerism aside and think for a while... Then say it's not bad for the NBA. Congrats. You have a super team. Don't let it blind you from reality.

It's not bad for the NBA. I agree with Mark Cuban. The NBA has been very popular in recent times with teams like Jordan's Bulls, Shaq-Kobe Lakers, Duncan's Spurs, and LeBron's Heat. The NBA fell in popularity during the 1970's, a decade where there were no repeat winners. Guess who brought the NBA back? Magic and Bird and their '80s super teams.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes MLB has the most parity easily. I dont care about these stats. A wildcard team has a chance to win it all. How about a 4-8 seed in the NBA? Not a chance

It's not parity that causes that in MLB. It's that baseball involves the most luck out of the three major sports. MLB has the widest disparity of spending among teams.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not parity that causes that in MLB. It's that baseball involves the most luck out of the three major sports. MLB has the widest disparity of spending among teams.

And yet easily the most parity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah the NBA just lends itself towards repeat champions. In no sport can 1 guy have such a dramatic impact.

Its why i cringe when people tell me that Memphis or teams like that should blow themselves up....really? a 50+ win Western Conference team that the fans love, that have had guys around forever should get blown up just because its highly unlikely they win it all? Well news- flash- if u dont have Curry or Bron or Kawhi or maybe 3-4 other guys its highly unlikely you win unless something favorable happens in the playoffs- you get guys that play outta their minds, the other side chokes a little etc....

I see Memphis--- great bigs in Gasol and Randolph....FINALLY got a SF that can make plays and shoot in Parsons, one of the great leaders and a very good player in Conley in the league, Tony Allen- great perimeter defender....most of the guys have been there forever- community loves them....so they dont have a Westbrook...there are only 5-6 of those guys in the entire league.

Winning 50+, winning a playoff series here or there and giving yourself a punchers chance if something breaks your way is the best you can expect in the vast majority of NBA cities ---- there is only 1 LeBron....football and baseball are so freaking different.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not luck- well i shouldnt say that- i get what you are saying- but- its just that 1 guy cant dominate a baseball series....the nature of the game is totally different.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that parity in any sport regardless of it is in the NBA, MLB, NFL, or NHL is caused by the varying degrees of management that ranges from extremely poor to excellent. The Golden State Warriors should not be penalized for making smart choices made available to them by the poor choices made by the Thunder. The Thunder repeatedly made bad choices is trading away or refusing to pay quality players to the Thunder. Those players they lost were players that would have won them a championship. The Thunder are to be commended for getting as close as they did get to the finals, but they choked. The NBA wants to fix something but you can't fix stupid general managers and you can't fix stupid owners