• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Silver on KD-Warriors: Not Good For NBA

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should've done something ahead of time. Not make one take it or leave it offer and then complain about what happens afterward.

Everything that had to go right for this to happen....it's almost impossible to believe that you'll see this happen again.

Well gee, he wasn't even commish during the last lockout...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point...

It really is.

They managed their cap magnificently and were able to convince a key player to join them without taking less money than other teams could offer (except OKC).

And again, Horford has already said the reason he went with Bos over OKC was because RWB wouldn't commit to OKC long term.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is.

They managed their cap magnificently and were able to convince a key player to join them without taking less money than other teams could offer (except OKC).

And again, Horford has already said the reason he went with Bos over OKC was because RWB wouldn't commit to OKC long term.

It kind of is, but not really. If they had not invented the max contract then KD is not going to the Warriors, sure they have all of those pieces, which is nice. Does KD turn down 40 million a year from a different team though? I don't think so. I don't know his mind either so I guess it is possible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of is, but not really. If they had not invented the max contract then KD is not going to the Warriors, sure they have all of those pieces, which is nice. Does KD turn down 40 million a year from a different team though? I don't think so. I don't know his mind either so I guess it is possible.

Funny I"m sure there wouldn't be this outrage if he took the same deal with the Spurs.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I"m sure there wouldn't be this outrage if he took the same deal with the Spurs.

I did not understand the outrage, there is no incentive to stay with a team anymore. I was surprised because he was one of the players that tweeted about stars jumping to elite teams. It made it an odd choice in that regard, but his money is capped, why wouldn't he go somewhere ready made to win.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA has always been good at spinning the narratives of lockouts as they are the good guys and the players are greedy and at fault. Whether true or not, they win that in most cases and it helps in the negotiations.

However, this is the bed they made when they locked out the league of KG's contract. Max contracts caused it and now they bristle at what they have done. I don't see how they can spin the narrative this time when they are the cause.

Also the lockout is bad for them as they no longer have Billy Hunter to abuse, if the NBA opts out they are going to regret it I think

The NBA is good at spinning what they want, but the reality is that the last lockout was 100% on the owners and this one would be even more so, if that is possible.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is good at spinning what they want, but the reality is that the last lockout was 100% on the owners and this one would be even more so, if that is possible.

Too bad 99.9% of fans aren't smart enough to realize that.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no one really consider the Knicks as threats lol aside from Knicks fans

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is the point though

No one is faulting the Warriors - The ink is dry and Kevin Durant is there. The point is that this is bad for future happenings as maintaining a competitive balance was among Silver's top priorities when he took over for $tern.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Silver didn't like that, he's gonna really be pissed next year when Lebron, Westbrook and CP3 all sign with the Lakers. :heh:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is faulting the Warriors - The ink is dry and Kevin Durant is there. The point is that this is bad for future happenings as maintaining a competitive balance was among Silver's top priorities when he took over for $tern.

"competitive balance"

And again, multiple threads here we've talked about how competitive balance now is really no different than it was 20 years ago.

rarely are more than 3-5 teams title contenders.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"competitive balance"

And again, multiple threads here we've talked about how competitive balance now is really no different than it was 20 years ago.

rarely are more than 3-5 teams title contenders.

There was actually quite a lot of parity in the 90's...Jordan was simply able to overcome all of it, which makes his career that much more impressive. He took every team's best shot and not just one or two elite teams.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was actually quite a lot of parity in the 90's...Jordan was simply able to overcome all of it, which makes his career that much more impressive. He took every team's best shot and not just one or two elite teams.

Not really.

3-5 teams has pretty consistent for literally decades. There are some exceptions. But that's about it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who hate that only three teams have a shot at the title now....

sure must have hated the NBA in the 80s when it was Boston, LA and everyone else losing to them.

And we all know ya'll hated the 90s when the Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years.

Or the first decade of the 21st Century when Spurs and Lakers pretty much owned the Western Conference as well as most of the NBA Championships during that time.

Bull

Fucking

Shit!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sure must have hated the NBA in the 80s when it was Boston, LA and everyone else losing to them.

Or the first decade of the 21st Century when Spurs and Lakers pretty much owned the Western Conference as well as most of the NBA Championships during that time.

Bull

Fucking

Shit!

Bull

Fucking

Shit!

The Lakers and spurs won like 7 of 10 titles in the 2000ish era. And if you back it up to just post lockout it's 8/11. (Exceptions: 04 Finals - Detroit, 06 Finals- Miami, 08 Finals- Boston, don't get me started on 2010....)

Then the Heat won 2 of the next 4.