• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Silver on KD-Warriors: Not Good For NBA

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again....

All these people bitching about this supposed superteam in Golden State must have really hated the NBA in the 90s when the Bulls won 6 titles in 8 years.

If you were a fan in the 90s of the Bulls but are whining about the Warriors....

you're a fucking joke!

But, but but... Karl Malone didn't team up with Jordan...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you look at it like what if the NBA was decided by each team only having 9 possessions.

Excellent way of putting that. IE Golden State was tied or had the lead just 62 times after the first quarter vs. having the lead 73 times at the end of games. Limit the posessions and you find parity.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,131.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it is no good for the nab. but i think us fans need to realize this is the future of the nba

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it is no good for the nab. but i think us fans need to realize this is the future of the nba

hqdefault.jpg

And the past.

Figure for a 9 year stretch....

LA averaged 59 wins
Boston averaged 61 wins
(Both teams had a better W/L% than the Spurs the last 9 years)

Had 12 different players (without movement of FA) that were all-stars (an average of over 5 a year between them)

Had 20 of the 45 1st team all NBA player awardees

Had 14 different future HOFers

Those two teams made up 13 of the 18 teams to play in the Finals in that time and won all but 1 finals.

The only other team to win a finals (over the Lakers) was won by the 76ers, who you could call a superteam as well as any. They had 5 starters who ALL were in multiple all star games within a few years of that finals and combined for 30 all star appearances. Only 2 were drafted by Philly. And that team with 4 all stars who were in the finals the year before added the League MVP in free agency (Moses Malone at age 27 bolted his team to join a super team that pushed the Lakers to 6 games in the finals... But Durant and Lebron are the first to do this... lol).

Those two teams accounted for 11 of the 14 60 win seasons in that time (76ers when adding Malone had 2 of the others). Of the 14 60 win teams in the past 9 years, spurs have 3, no other team with more than 2.

I'd put the difference now from then being that it changes more. Dallas is truly the 2nd best team recordwise in the past decade or so. Not the Celtics big 3, the Heat big 3, the Cavs with lebron. I think now the best team outside of SA doing a pretty good dynasty run, changes pretty often. It's LA, no SA, no Miami, no GSW, no Cle... In the past 10 years, no team has won more than 2 championships.

Last edited: