• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Larsson

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im fine with larson if the only other viable choice is a winger...its just scary to think that people want offensive dman over a center.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With a draft pick that high, I'd take the defenseman. I assume he's not just an offensive defenseman, but an all around defenseman if he's rated as #2. Drew Doughty is an offensive defenseman, but he's also amazing defensively. Cup , you always talk about the pronger trade and how that was the best move Philly made in years, and it definitely turned out that way. Would you take a guy like John Tavares over Drew Doughty? I wouldn't. Besides all indicators show that there's no Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin player in this draft class. I'm sure one of them will develop into that type of player just on the odds, but there's no sure things.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if this guy is the next pronger yeah give me him...you cant put a price on that type of leadership ever! that being said give me doughty....now say its towes or doughty? give me towes! why? look at our wingers kovalchuk parise tedenby all should be with this team for a long time...look at our depth at center? and then look at how poorly our team is playing this year...now tell me what will help them more? a great center or a great offensive dman?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what good is an offensive d man going to do if he passes it up to adam mair?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what good is an offensive d man going to do if he passes it up to adam mair?

Offensive dman would have more options than mair we have forwards who can move the puck with a good breakout pass.not to mention some ufas who may not be back including mair and some young forwards who may be more than capable to step in for them.come free agency who knows they may be able to go after a center.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its a choice between the next Scott Gomez, the next Jordan Staal, and the next Jay Bouwmeester (Pre-calgary).

I'd go with the next Bouwmeester every time.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok....you like one way i like the other

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
btw give me rookie scott gomez....he was a legit reason the team was that sick in 2000 helping a-mo score 40 in 01

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated earlier, Offensive Dmen are liabilities. What's the last team that won a cup without one? Whats the last team that won a cup that didn't have a shutdown, superstar quality defenseman to go along with that guy? Look at a guy like Rafalski. He got absolutely abused by the Senators top line when he was the go to guy in 06. Without a Lidstrom, Niedermayer, or Stevens playing alongside him he is a liability.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But Larsson isn't a liability on the ice. He's more in line with a Lidstrom, a Potvin, or a Robinson compared to a Coffey, a Housley, or a Ozolinsh

Raffi was small and weak along the boards. There was a reason he was undrafted. Larsson is 6'3 and plays a somewhat physical game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti Larsson, I'd take him if we had the chance. I was more in the debate of O Dman vs. Scoring line center.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I stated earlier, Offensive Dmen are liabilities. What's the last team that won a cup without one? Whats the last team that won a cup that didn't have a shutdown, superstar quality defenseman to go along with that guy? Look at a guy like Rafalski. He got absolutely abused by the Senators top line when he was the go to guy in 06. Without a Lidstrom, Niedermayer, or Stevens playing alongside him he is a liability.

Pittsburgh won 2 years ago with only average defensive Dmen
Carolina won in 2006 with Aaron Ward and Commodore
Tampa won in 2004 with Lukowich and Sarich

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time a team won a Cup without at least one stud offensive defenseman.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
malkin sid

staal and brindamour (yeah he is so-so but has a ton of heart)

richards and vinny c

zetter and datsyuk

gomez and nuwendyk

arnott and gomez

when you can roll two great centers out one after another its pretty tough to setup a matchup if your the opposing team. i agree you do need a offensive force back there i just think that option can be more readily addressed...i will say this if larsson is the ONLY option at wherever we pick then yeah i say grab him..BUT if "joe smith" a dominate puck moving center is also out there i say grab him instead.

sj i love you you know that

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good brother!

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we can all agree that we need a combination of shutdown D, offensive defensemen, and star 2-way centers. Then we'd have a good team. Thank god we could figure this out.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
malkin sid

staal and brindamour (yeah he is so-so but has a ton of heart)

richards and vinny c

zetter and datsyuk

gomez and nuwendyk

arnott and gomez

when you can roll two great centers out one after another its pretty tough to setup a matchup if your the opposing team. i agree you do need a offensive force back there i just think that option can be more readily addressed...i will say this if larsson is the ONLY option at wherever we pick then yeah i say grab him..BUT if "joe smith" a dominate puck moving center is also out there i say grab him instead.

sj i love you you know that

Malkin and did had gonchar ,Richards and vinny had boyle,zetter and datsyuk had lidstrom,the devils had nieds and rafalski the only one I could make an argument for is Carolina who had corvo.atrain has the potential to be shut down and white has stepped up allot what's hurt us the most is the inability to get out of our zone cleanly.not saying a center isn't important just not our biggest need right now