• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Knicks id first take a shot at other max free agents and keep Zion or Barett

I don't know. Are you so sure that DSJ, Zion, and Knox are a better match (or a better lure) than AD with Durant/Kyrie/etc? It's a tough call. Is anyone confident with what Zion will be in the pros? Athletic and powerful, but to what end at 6'8? He hasn't proven to be much of a defender yet, so he's a tough comparison that doesn't belittle or exaggerate.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge will low ball the Pelicans if there's no real competition.
You honestly think there is a chance that there will be "no real competition" besides the Celtics this offseason?

No way. The Lakers, of one, will be down on their knees the same then that they are now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how everyone values young players once they leave the Lakers. I'm seeing a trend here and it's not very objective.

Ainge will low ball the Pelicans if there's no real competition. They will end up with less.

I'd be afraid that Ingram busts out

I think given his frame he could do so. I'd give up Ball, Kuzma and all the picks and hope that's enough. But if I keep a guy it's Ingram.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle and trading DLo definitely hurt.

Trading DLo allowed them the cap space to get Lebron and also netted Kuzma. Randle hurt, but he was going to be a problem either way apparently and only got essentially a one year deal elsewhere.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Are you so sure that DSJ, Zion, and Knox are a better match (or a better lure) than AD with Durant/Kyrie/etc? It's a tough call. Is anyone confident with what Zion will be in the pros? Athletic and powerful, but to what end at 6'8? He hasn't proven to be much of a defender yet, so he's a tough comparison that doesn't belittle or exaggerate.

I just think going three maxes hurts your roster flexibility and depth. Like I said it could be that Durant and Kyrie want no part of NY but

Smith
Kyrie
Zion
Knox
KD

Is a hell of a building block. Three players controlled versus having AD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think going three maxes hurts your roster flexibility and depth. Like I said it could be that Durant and Kyrie want no part of NY but

Smith
Kyrie
Zion
Knox
KD

Is a hell of a building block. Three players controlled versus having AD

KD and Kyrie may not want to wait for the kids to develop though. It's definitely a tough call.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading DLo allowed them the cap space to get Lebron and also netted Kuzma. Randle hurt, but he was going to be a problem either way apparently and only got essentially a one year deal elsewhere.

Randle was going to be a problem, it had to be done.

DLo did net Kuzma and I think he might have not have been the best fit on L.A. but he is only making $7M this season and he would have added a ton more to this trade if he was included. All if's though...so really doesn't matter

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Knicks id first take a shot at other max free agents and keep Zion or Barett

If the Knicks get the No. 1 pick and are able to trade for AD in a deal that allows them to keep Knox, they would be fools not to do that immediately.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD and Kyrie may not want to wait for the kids to develop though. It's definitely a tough call.

Its wait on kids or surround themselves with guys playing on minimums and exceptions.

We are talking 40 million each in all likelihood once AD extends.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its wait on kids or surround themselves with guys playing on minimums and exceptions.

We are talking 40 million each in all likelihood once AD extends.

Kyrie and AD will both be 30% max players. KD will be a 35% max player. Doesn't leave much room for any other salaries lol, but there is the advantage of getting AD a year before his raise, and can go over the cap to extend him at that point.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those other teams don't have assets to match that Lakers offer:

The Knicks' offer with Porzingis was rejected, and now DSJ can't be moved until the summer. Their offer would have to include that expected top pick (and more) along with the Knicks' young talent, leaving them essentially with just AD.

What can the Bucks offer that won't affect their postseason chances? I'm not even sure how to start putting together an offer from them.

Clippers? Their 1st rounder is lottery protected, so a late lottery pick at best (or to Celtics). SG-A is a decent piece, but the next best piece (Harris) will be a free agent). Tough to put a package together with much team control to make sense for AD.
I tend to believe that Magic Johnson's offer right now is about the best they are going to get. I think that Magic is willing to give the entire farm away short of LeBron in order to have that second piece and the Rockets nearly beat the Warriors with Harden and Chris Paul - so that's not a bad idea

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense... but y'all sound crazy.

The Pel's will almost certainly get a better haul this offseason... and it is almost certainly not the case that Davis will "walk for nothing" if the Pel's merely wait until the summer.

Hard truth: the Lakers package isn't that thrilling. It's some mediocre picks and a host of players that together don't make a very compelling team.
Please give me some offers that you believe will be better then what the Lakers have just offered and don't forget the offer is now those 4 players of with two of them are fillers and those 4 draft picks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how everyone values young players once they leave the Lakers. I'm seeing a trend here and it's not very objective.

Ainge will low ball the Pelicans if there's no real competition. They will end up with less.
I personally was opposed to the Lakers giving up their young talent - I think they would have been smarter to suffered with those two bad contracts and kept Randle. Russell was a question mark though - No way to have known what he would do, but I think even one more year with that group would have made them worth more.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they needed to make the Russell trade to get Lebron.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me some offers that you believe will be better then what the Lakers have just offered and don't forget the offer is now those 4 players of with two of them are fillers and those 4 draft picks.
Off the top of my head:
  • any offer that includes a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering
  • any offer including Jason Tatum would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tatum, Rozier, and a couple of picks is better than anything the Lakers could offer.

If the Knicks get a top 3 pick, that pick plus Knox and a pick is better than what the Lakers are offering.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier had a very nice playoff but are we sure he's more valuable than Kuzma? Maybe by a bit but it isn't excessive.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head:
  • any offer that includes a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering
  • any offer including Jason Tatum would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering

Great minds on this one. :)

In the NBA, quality of assets is vastly more important than quantity of assets.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier had a very nice playoff but are we sure he's more valuable than Kuzma? Maybe by a bit but it isn't excessive.

It's more that Tatum is dramatically more valuable than anything the Lakers can offer.