• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Angelo played a lot better after the LaVert injury. LaVert was looking really good at the time and Russell was getting benched in the 4th quarter a lot. I felt Russell would be an All-Star one day after the trade with Brooklyn, but he's certainly benefited from being in the East with his All-Star selection and the unfortunate injury to LaVert.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans were set to take the Lakers to the cleaners. It wasnt smart for the Lakers to trade now. Much smarter to sign a second all star and then trade for the third marquee player This Summer
Honestly I'd rather not even do that . I can wait a year and a half if it means 3 studs , Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Ball and Zubac

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'd rather not even do that . I can wait a year and a half if it means 3 studs , Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, Ball and Zubac
I think that the rest of this season and the trade talks could help our core to grow up. Honestly I think trading Ball and Ingram is okay as long as you keep Kuzma and Hart. You just cant give them everything and besides that the Pelicans were not interested in trading Davis right now. They were playing Magic Johnson like a fiddle

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the rest of this season and the trade talks could help our core to grow up. Honestly I think trading Ball and Ingram is okay as long as you keep Kuzma and Hart. You just cant give them everything and besides that the Pelicans were not interested in trading Davis right now. They were playing Magic Johnson like a fiddle
Yeah just setting a baseline for the minimum they will take . Of course it's kind of stupid because it could easily backfire on then if they wait too long . No team is giving up the farm next season if they think they can sign him in the summer and even fewer teams will offer much for a rental especially if GS stays intact. Boston is not mortgaging their future for 1 trip to the finals . Ainge is not an idiot

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I dont and from the beginning I have said that the Pelicans would be smarter to wait. Dont put words In my mouth. If Davis were to remain firm, then no the Pelicans cant and won't do better, but we know Davis to the Lakers is a tactic to force the trade and AD will change his mind about the Lakers just like Paul George did and that is why the Pelicans can do better

So then why do you think my comment was just being a hater?

If the Celtics are willing to deal Tatum, he is better on his own than anything the Lakers could offer.

Getting Zion or Barrett or Morant is a better TRADE option than anything the Lakers are offering.

FTR, I think Lonzo has a real chance to be a very good PG. But it might not happen until he's approaching FA which hurts his trade value. Same with Ingram.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously can't believe how many if you value a pick over proven talent especially in a league where hapf the top 5 picks end up being average or worse players

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously can't believe how many if you value a pick over proven talent especially in a league where hapf the top 5 picks end up being average or worse players
Here's the thing, @rmilia1 :
  • It's shaping up to be a pretty good draft, especially right at the top.
  • The "proven talent" you're talking about has either about hit their ceiling (Kuzma), or has some notable flaws (Ingram and ISO ball, Lonzo and shooting %'s). None of the names are likely to be stars.
  • The NBA is a star league. The top of a strong draft represents a real opportunity to land a star, even if there are real risks to go along with that chance. Draft picks can also be landed at a good, long contract... where a guy like Ingram is coming up on a pay day.
That's how this boils down, to me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, @rmilia1 :
  • It's shaping up to be a pretty good draft, especially right at the top.
  • The "proven talent" you're talking about has either about hit their ceiling (Kuzma), or has some notable flaws (Ingram and ISO ball, Lonzo and shooting %'s). None of the names are likely to be stars.
  • The NBA is a star league. The top of a strong draft represents a real opportunity to land a star, even if there are real risks to go along with that chance. Draft picks can also be landed at a good, long contract... where a guy like Ingram is coming up on a pay day.
That's how this boils down, to me.
Who thinks this is a strong class? Other than Zion Id say it's pretty blah . For as little as people appear to think of Ingram y'all should go back and look at who has been picked 3nd in every draft this decade and then get back to me . There's 1 guy I'd say is definitively better ( oladipo ) a few guys who are on the same level as 7 or 7 who are worse . That's what you get at 2 ( even at 1 it's s crapshoot most years ). This year it's Zion and a bunch of regular nothing special guys . Anyone the pels got at 2 they'd he fortunate to have end up as good as Kuzma or Ingram already are. Seriously go look . Itll help you understand what I'm saying

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who thinks this is a strong class? Other than Zion Id say it's pretty blah . For as little as people appear to think of Ingram y'all should go back and look at who has been picked 3nd in every draft this decade and then get back to me . There's 1 guy I'd say is definitively better ( oladipo ) a few guys who are on the same level as 7 or 7 who are worse . That's what you get at 2 ( even at 1 it's s crapshoot most years ). This year it's Zion and a bunch of regular nothing special guys . Anyone the pels got at 2 they'd he fortunate to have end up as good as Kuzma or Ingram already are. Seriously go look . Itll help you understand what I'm saying
Recent top 3's:

- Ayton
- Bagley
- Doncic

- Fultz
- Ball
- Tatum

- Simmons
- Ingram
- Brown

- Towns
- Russell
- Okafor

----------------

Now, I'll analyze:

Guys I clearly like better than Ingram

- Doncic
- Ayton
- Tatum
- Simmons
- Towns (because of his position, especially)

Guys on a par with Ingram
- Brown
- Russell
- Bagley

Guys I don't like
- Fultz
- Ball
- Okafor

--------------

So, yeah, there's risk. But there is also a real chance at a star...

... where, with Ingram... just not seeing stardom. He's a poor man's Kevin Durant... which just isn't as cool as it might sound. Empty stats and mediocrity with him as a lead dog.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent top 3's:

- Ayton
- Bagley
- Doncic

- Fultz
- Ball
- Tatum

- Simmons
- Ingram
- Brown

- Towns
- Russell
- Okafor

----------------

Now, I'll analyze:

Guys I clearly like better than Ingram

- Doncic
- Ayton
- Tatum
- Simmons
- Towns (because of his position, especially)

Guys on a par with Ingram
- Brown
- Russell
- Bagley

Guys I don't like
- Fultz
- Ball
- Okafor

--------------

So, yeah, there's risk. But there is also a real chance at a star...

... where, with Ingram... just not seeing stardom. He's a poor man's Kevin Durant... which just isn't as cool as it might sound. Empty stats and mediocrity with him as a lead dog.
And 3 of your 5 in your first list are 1s so scratch them as they won't be there at 2. So you like 2 guys in the past 4 drafts ahead of him at 2? That's called shitty odds . And Ingram isn't even the best player in the proposal . All I'm saying is you got bad oddd to draft a guy who will end up better and you're 50-50 on the dude just being as good as

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 3 of your 5 in your first list are 1s so scratch them as they won't be there at 2. So you like 2 guys in the past 4 drafts ahead of him at 2? That's called shitty odds.
Not necessarily. Teams mess up the 1st pick, and guys who end up being much better players drop... not unheard of at all. See: Fultz, Wiggins (in 2014).

I know you're trying to win an argument on the internet... but knock it off.
rmilia1 said:
And Ingram isn't even the best player in the proposal.
Kuzma has limited upside, as has been mentioned. Disagree?
rmilia1 said:
All I'm saying is you got bad oddd to draft a guy who will end up better and you're 50-50 on the dude just being as good as
Again: the NBA is a star league. "Pretty good" is arguably a bad thing for a rebuilding team like the Pel's... guys like that can leave your team in the middle of the pack... NBA purgatory.

The chance at a star is worth way more... even if you scoff at that chance.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans need a stud. They won’t draw people with Kuzma as the star of the package. It has to be lots of first rounders. Lots