• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier had a very nice playoff but are we sure he's more valuable than Kuzma? Maybe by a bit but it isn't excessive.
Tatum is obviously the bigger and biggest part of that equation... the C's picks are significanly better, too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is obviously the bigger and biggest part of that equation... the C's picks are significanly better, too.
if he is not dealt at the deadline its for a reason- that the PEls want to wait to see what the Celtics will offer in the summer- or to see what pick the Knicks end up getting.

As far as the offers that COULD be on the table during the summer-

I would without a doubt take a Celtics offer around Tatum and better picks, or A #1 or #2 overall pick and Knox than the deal the Lakers have out there and i think that is what the Pelicans are thinking.

Whether they have the patience is the question.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they needed to make the Russell trade to get Lebron.

They traded Mozgov's contract for Bropez' expiring deal, freeing up $16M in cap space this past summer (plus DLo's $7M, minus Kuzma's $1.7M). $21.3M in cap space from that trade alone. It wasn't just for Lebron, but the ability to sign another free agent with him (which unfortunately didn't materialize - Paul George). That same cap space is what the Lakers will be looking to use to add a key free agent this summer (Mozgov's contract expires next season), kept alive with one year veteran contracts this year as placeholders.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier had a very nice playoff but are we sure he's more valuable than Kuzma? Maybe by a bit but it isn't excessive.

Rozier is a free agent this summer. I don't believe sign/trade players can be paired with other assets in a trade?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn't worth more than Kuzma imo but the with Tatum is could trump LA's offer of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma alone possibly. If they gave away Brown and Tatum and it is gold compared to LA's offer. I would be very surprised if they offered both.

Reports say, Boston technically hasn't said they would include Tatum. I'm sure when push comes to shove they would though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head:
  • any offer that includes a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering
  • any offer including Jason Tatum would instantly have at least one chip that's better than any individual chip the Lakers are offering

That much is obvious. The disagreement comes when packages are assembled and what will actually get offered this summer. There is no guarantee that Ainge offers Tatum or the Knicks offer the #1 pick (if they get it).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think If it weren't for advanced stats people would love on Ingram some more.

He's getting some nice numbers of late. I still like his upside.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That much is obvious.
Tell it to @True Lakers Fan . ;)
shop said:
The disagreement comes when packages are assembled and what will actually get offered this summer. There is no guarantee that Ainge offers Tatum or the Knicks offer the #1 pick (if they get it).
There's risk with any decision.

In this particular scenario, it's riskier to jump at the only viable offer than it is to wait.

Davis' trade value isn't going down much (if at all) between now and the Summer, and the chances of a better bidding war then are strong. Low risk, high reward... easy call.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It MIGHT look like too much bc the Lakers are giving up basically their entire roster minus Lebron, Hart and basically all their big men but the fact is this is bc the Lakers struck out so many times in the draff. Some might not be their fault (Ball or Fultz screwed). Kuzma was the best player and they actually got in in a trade, but they traded away DLo who is hands down easily better than any of these 3 young guys (Jngram, Kuzma, Ball).

They are giving away bench players and 3 young guys with mid ceiling along with 2 late 1st round picks. I wouldnt say that is giving away too much lol

Agree with much of this. However, on D-Lo, at the time the Lakers traded him, he didn't look any better than any of the other young guys either. He showed flashes of what he could be, but nothing really consistent.

In fact, last year, he looked pretty much like the same guy he was with the Lakers.

This year though, he seems to have really started putting things together. He's part of why I find it funny that some folks want to act like it's time to give up on the Lakers kids. This is D-Lo's what? 4th year? and he's finally starting to live up to his draft status.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with much of this. However, on D-Lo, at the time the Lakers traded him, he didn't look any better than any of the other young guys either. He showed flashes of what he could be, but nothing really consistent.

In fact, last year, he looked pretty much like the same guy he was with the Lakers.

This year though, he seems to have really started putting things together. He's part of why I find it funny that some folks want to act like it's time to give up on the Lakers kids. This is D-Lo's what? 4th year? and he's finally starting to live up to his draft status.

My thoughts exactly on Ingram

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they needed to make the Russell trade to get Lebron.

Not Lebron specifically, but they were trying to create cap space to get 2 max level players. To do that, they had to unload Mozgov. The cost of that was D-Lo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Kuzma and Ingram I definitely agree, especially Kuzma. Ball, I've never liked the type of player he was and now that he struggles shooting it gives me more optimism. DLo has basically always been a scorer first, also underrated passer in college imo. That being said, Kuzma could be N.O. best player in a couple years and could form into an AS as well as Ingram. They just can't risk it with Lebron now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I wouldnt make the trade if I'm LA. Kuzma and Ingram are future all stars . I'm not giving up 2 future all stars for a guy I can get for nothing in a year and a half . And if you go out this off-season and sign Kawhi you damn well know AD isn't extending anywhere . So in a year and a half you've got LBJ, Kawhi AND AD ... AND Ingram , Kuzma and Ball.

Even if they trade for AD this year they're not winning a title. They may have a shot next year but why forgo a decade of success in favor of one year of maybe . It's stupid

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Lebron specifically, but they were trying to create cap space to get 2 max level players. To do that, they had to unload Mozgov. The cost of that was D-Lo.

Yeah and that Mozgov deal was HORRIBLE. I know it's an if, but if they don't make that bad signing D-Lo could still be on the squad. I still just don't think D-Lo was a good fit in L.A. but he wasn't there long enough to really know.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is not dealt at the deadline its for a reason- that the PEls want to wait to see what the Celtics will offer in the summer- or to see what pick the Knicks end up getting.

As far as the offers that COULD be on the table during the summer-

I would without a doubt take a Celtics offer around Tatum and better picks, or A #1 or #2 overall pick and Knox than the deal the Lakers have out there and i think that is what the Pelicans are thinking.

Whether they have the patience is the question.

Agree. The question, imo, is how much of the "wait for us" is simple posturing by the Celtics to try to get this to the off-season.

It's being reported that Demps is under intense pressure from league execs to not trade him to the Lakers now. Apparently, they aren't saying don't trade him to the Lakers at all, just not before the deadline.

What I wonder is, if AD stays with his current list, how many of the perceived offers will "dry up"?

Also, his "list" seems like it's being used as a preemptive strike to get the deal done now. So, I wonder if the Knicks are still on his list if this makes it to the off-season when the Knicks may have as high as the #1 pick to offer?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I wouldnt make the trade if I'm LA. Kuzma and Ingram are future all stars . I'm not giving up 2 future all stars for a guy I can get for nothing in a year and a half . And if you go out this off-season and sign Kawhi you damn well know AD isn't extending anywhere . So in a year and a half you've got LBJ, Kawhi AND AD ... AND Ingram , Kuzma and Ball.

Even if they trade for AD this year they're not winning a title. They may have a shot next year but why forgo a decade of success in favor of one year of maybe . It's stupid

The thing about this trade is taking back that Hill contract they won't be about to sign another max contract until summer of 2021. They won't be able to next summer unless a FA takes less and Kawhi wouldn't do that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and that Mozgov deal was HORRIBLE. I know it's an if, but if they don't make that bad signing D-Lo could still be on the squad. I still just don't think D-Lo was a good fit in L.A. but he wasn't there long enough to really know.

Yeah, good ol' Short Buss, the gift that keeps on giving. lol

At the end of his 2nd season with the Lakers, Luke had started playing him at the 2 which was a more natural fit for him and he really started showing what he could do. But, as you point out, he wasn't there long enough to show that he could be consistent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The question, imo, is how much of the "wait for us" is simple posturing by the Celtics to try to get this to the off-season.

It's being reported that Demps is under intense pressure from league execs to not trade him to the Lakers now. Apparently, they aren't saying don't trade him to the Lakers at all, just not before the deadline.

What I wonder is, if AD stays with his current list, how many of the perceived offers will "dry up"?

Also, his "list" seems like it's being used as a preemptive strike to get the deal done now. So, I wonder if the Knicks are still on his list if this makes it to the off-season when the Knicks may have as high as the #1 pick to offer?
I mean, say the Knicks get the #1 pick (or even #2)....Davis calls up KD or Kyrie and says- hey ill sign long term in NY if you come with me.

If I am the Pelicans id rather have Knox and the #2 pick and whatever else they can attach than the Lakers offer- i think we could both agree on that.

Similarly with the Celtics--- if the Celtics offer Tatum, a lotto pick (the Sacramento pick) say Rozier, and a couple other firsts, id rather have that package than the Lakers package.

But at least the Lakers - with an offer of Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, 2 firsts and taking back Hill's deal are making it interesting and putting out a viable package right now.