• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers picks would be the same picks yet you call them dead picks. Regardless, the argument is why would the Pelicans feel compelled to take THAT trade now?
The Lakers picks would be 2019 + 2021 etc. The Lakers figure to be good in both those years if they get AD.

The Raptors' picks would be 2021 + 2023 etc. Assuming both Kawhi and AD aren't long for the Raptors, those picks will likely fall when the Raptors are rebuilding and thus would be of higher value no?

I've made enough posts above as to why I think the smart move is to trade now as opposed to the summer. Don't think I need to flood the page any more about that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers picks would be 2019 + 2021 etc. The Lakers figure to be good in both those years if they get AD.

The Raptors' picks would be 2021 + 2023 etc. Assuming both Kawhi and AD aren't long for the Raptors, those picks will likely fall when the Raptors are rebuilding and thus would be of higher value no?

I've made enough posts above as to why I think the smart move is to trade now as opposed to the summer. Don't think I need to flood the page any more about that.
ehhh....awful hard to sell someone on draft picksi n 2023........esp. when you have zero clue that they will be- they might be good but they might suck- plus i doubt the raptors trade totally unprotected picks

id love to see Davis land with the raptors but i just dont see it as feasible. Siakam and OG plus some first roudners does not seem to be enough ....but who knows....we didnt think they had enough to get Leonard either.

We do KNOW that Toronto will be very aggressive.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe the Lakers can trade their 2019 1st since they had already traded their 2018 1st.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, the Pelicans see no reason to deliver Davis to the Lakers in a deal with a full season left on his contract -- never mind do it on a timeline that benefits mostly the objectives of Los Angeles and Davis.

New Orleans officials are prepared to play the long game on Davis' future, embarking on an uncomfortable, if not combative process that could extend months beyond next Thursday's trade deadline.

• As rumors and reports swirl about Anthony Davis' next move, New Orleans is already preparing for life without its superstar.
Pelicans owner Gayle Benson is enthusiastically carrying the small-market banner, pushing back on any planned superstar union of James and Davis in the NBA's glamour market.

If Davis wants to be a Laker, the Pelicans' mantra so far is simply: Feel free to join L.A. as a free agent in 2020 and potentially punt on the 2019-20 season -- when James will turn 35 -- to keep the requisite cap space open.

"Errr...LeBron its Magic--- we can sign Davis out right in 2020, so we are going to punt on your first season in LA, AND your 2nd season in LA so we can sign Anthony Davis for your age 36 season"

BAHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh....awful hard to sell someone on draft picksi n 2023........esp. when you have zero clue that they will be- they might be good but they might suck- plus i doubt the raptors trade totally unprotected picks

id love to see Davis land with the raptors but i just dont see it as feasible. Siakam and OG plus some first roudners does not seem to be enough ....but who knows....we didnt think they had enough to get Leonard either.

We do KNOW that Toronto will be very aggressive.
Just pointing out, compared to the Lakers' picks they're more likely than not to be better.

And really, if you're any GM picks that far out will probably materialize after you've been fired anyway so what's the point lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out, compared to the Lakers' picks they're more likely than not to be better.

And really, if you're any GM picks that far out will probably materialize after you've been fired anyway so what's the point lol
I agree with that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much zero chance that Davis is a Laker this season it sounds like to me.

anyone else picking up on that?

It seems that the times where the Lakers could bully teams into trades is over.

The Pacers never relented on George. The Spurs never relented on PG. Seems the Hornets- who KNOW that the Lakers interest is one of the reasons why Davis wants to be traded- seem like they have no intention of helping the Lakers out.

Seems these small market teams are taking a stand and giving a big ole FUCK YOU to Magic and Pelinka

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much zero chance that Davis is a Laker this season it sounds like to me.

anyone else picking up on that?

It seems that the times where the Lakers could bully teams into trades is over.

The Pacers never relented on George. The Spurs never relented on PG. Seems the Hornets- who KNOW that the Lakers interest is one of the reasons why Davis wants to be traded- seem like they have no intention of helping the Lakers out.

Seems these small market teams are taking a stand and giving a big ole FUCK YOU to Magic and Pelinka

Sources: Pelicans GM hasn't returned Lakers' call

Demps won't even return calls from Pelinka. Woj is saying that there is belief that the Lakers are partly responsible for AD requesting a trade and have no interest in doing any business with them right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just think of it realistically

there is no way that hte Lakers offer is worse this summer than it is right now...so why not wait?

What advantage does it give New Orleans to trade a great win-now player- right now- when the offers over the summer are likely to be AT WORST the same- or even better than they are right now?

there is no explanation.

Its why PAul came out with this ridiculous request right now- becuase he knows there is no real leverage. If it was just about not signing the extension- and he actually cared about the club- Davis would have went to the organization privately

the only reason we know that Davis has requested a trade is because Rich Paul believes it will be leverage to help try and make a deal immediately- since there is absolutely zero strategic reason for the Pelicans to make a trade right now.

Paul is trying to use the leverage he has- which is very very little- by coming out publicly with his trade demand. The only problem for him is that leverage is practically nothing. That everyone knows the Lakers best offer will be avaliable 6 months from now just as it is today- and that rewarding Davis by trading him to the Lakers--- even though he just tried to cut the Pelicans legs out from under them in trade talks, and basically sabotaged the rest of the season- is just not going to happen.

I love this part from the Woj Article:

"As of now, the Pelicans see no reason to deliver Davis to the Lakers in a deal with a full season left on his contract -- never mind do it on a timeline that benefits mostly the objectives of Los Angeles and Davis.

New Orleans officials are prepared to play the long game on Davis' future, embarking on an uncomfortable, if not combative process that could extend months beyond next Thursday's trade deadline.

Pelicans owner Gayle Benson is enthusiastically carrying the small-market banner, pushing back on any planned superstar union of James and Davis in the NBA's glamour market.

If Davis wants to be a Laker, the Pelicans' mantra so far is simply: Feel free to join L.A. as a free agent in 2020 and potentially punt on the 2019-20 season -- when James will turn 35 -- to keep the requisite cap space open.

For now, Demps is following the San Antonio Spurs' initial playbook with Kawhi Leonard from a year ago: Accept calls and listen to deal concepts and offers.

Demps is picking up his phone and returning calls -- just not from the Lakers, sources said. From Paul George to Leonard to Davis, the Lakers' front office is growing accustomed to icy receptions from teams enduring All-Star trade demands with a full year left on their contracts.

When Spurs GM R.C. Buford finally called back Pelinka after Leonard's springtime trade request, the Lakers were left with an unmistakable impression: Buford and Gregg Popovich would never send Leonard to Los Angeles -- no matter what the Lakers offered. The Spurs always denied any absolute "no Lakers" stance, arguing the L.A. package never captivated them.

After Paul privately told Demps on Friday that his client wouldn't sign a contract extension with the Pelicans and wanted a trade, Paul publicly declared it on Monday -- with full knowledge that he'd have to pay a $50,000 fine on behalf of his client.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Demps won't even return calls from Pelinka. Woj is saying that there is belief that the Lakers are partly responsible for AD requesting a trade and have no interest in doing any business with them right now.
i mean- thats definitely true

Everyone knows that Rich Paul and LeBron want him in LA- and that Paul had no reason to go public with the trade request except to try and manufacture leverage where no leverage is there.

If the Pelicans were ever going to let LEBRon and Paul and Magic try and destroy Davis' trade value by undermining the Pelicans organization, and sabotaging their season- it seems the LeBron/Paul/Magic combo have another thing coming.

If anything it seems to have hardened the Pelicans stance about giving Davis what he wants--- why reward a player who just tried to sabotage his own value by pubcilicly coming out with a trade request even though HE KNEW he would be fined and it was not legal.

Paul and Davis KNEW that making the trade demand public would hurt the Pelicans- it would hurt DAvis' value, and it would hurt the rest of their season- but they did not care since they want to try and get Davis to the Lakers ASAP. Instaead it has seemed to back fire in their faces.

It seems these small market teams are just not going to cave to this kind of bullshit coercion anymore.

The Pacers stood fast on their trade demands and would not accept some pupu platter of Jordan Clarkson and Zubac or Randle or whatever----

the Spurs were not going to be co-erced into a deal with the specter of "well he will only commit to LA"

Now Davis is trying the same bullshit playbook and the Pelicans seem entrenched and have no qualsm about calling Davis' bluff.

At the VERY LEAST- even , in the end, if they DO want to make a deal with the Lakers- there is absolutely zero benefit to the Pelicans making a deal now, instead of in the summer.

It seems that Paul/LeBron/Magic/DAvis over played their hand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its just amazing to me that they think they can get away with totally rigging a trade like this.

That Davis is trying to sabotage his own value when he is under contract for 18 more months to force a trade to a franchise that has LeBron who shares an agent with that player and that DAvis has no qualms about shitting on this season with his team and the players that he goes into battle with every night---

Its awesome if you ask me.

The days of the Lakers trying to pressure teams into deals with threats of "well you will just lose him anyway- he is not going anywhere else" are over.

The Pacers didnt crack

the Spurs didnt crack

and it will amaze me if the Pelicans crack.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man being on twitter is something during trade deadline season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember way back in the mists of history, way back on January 29, 2019, when I said I was sick of the AD chatter?

Yeah, it's not any different now. And no one has said anything new, and no one knows anything about what is going to happen. But keep going.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just amazing to me that they think they can get away with totally rigging a trade like this.

That Davis is trying to sabotage his own value when he is under contract for 18 more months to force a trade to a franchise that has LeBron who shares an agent with that player and that DAvis has no qualms about shitting on this season with his team and the players that he goes into battle with every night---

Its awesome if you ask me.

The days of the Lakers trying to pressure teams into deals with threats of "well you will just lose him anyway- he is not going anywhere else" are over.

The Pacers didnt crack

the Spurs didnt crack

and it will amaze me if the Pelicans crack.

I think there is almost zero chance that they will deal AD to the Lakers before the trade deadline. I think it is more plausible that they will file an official tampering complaint against the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is almost zero chance that they will deal AD to the Lakers before the trade deadline. I think it is more plausible that they will file an official tampering complaint against the Lakers.
lol...

id love to see Magic's face when that came across the fax machine

-thinks its a response to a trade proposal--- is actually tampering complaint. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember way back in the mists of history, way back on January 29, 2019, when I said I was sick of the AD chatter?

Yeah, it's not any different now. And no one has said anything new, and no one knows anything about what is going to happen. But keep going.
id say the Woj reports that the Pelicans are basically pissed that their season was shit on and dont want to engage with the Lakers is a new development

but first hand comments- you are correct--- nothing first hand from anyone really the entire time except Rich Pauls illegal trade demand

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id say the Woj reports that the Pelicans are basically pissed that their season was shit on and dont want to engage with the Lakers is a new development

but first hand comments- you are correct--- nothing first hand from anyone really the entire time except Rich Pauls illegal trade demand

Not illegal, against a rule not a law.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reports are that the Lakers first offer for AD is Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac and a 1st round pick.