• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Actuallly....Sam Darnold

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...always thought we were stupid to lose Robinson. Seems he was always there for a big play.
There must've been something about him. As Kyle likely played a role in him getting a shot with the Falcons. He then followed Kyle to Frisco. And Kirk probably told someone to give the kid a shot as well when he popped up there in Minn.

The guy I'll always wonder about is DeSean Jackson. I don't have any proof of this, but it wouldn't surprise if there were seasons where he hardly did anything at all in the offseason and just showed up for OTCs. And as electric as he could be and was at times. He didn't come close to reaching the fullness of his potential.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott is not even on the radar, when mentioning these coaches, Kyle included.
He's getting there though

Not on the radar? Winning record in Buffalo and in the playoffs 3 of 4 years (once before drafting Allen). Shanny has a losing record overall with one winning season, then regressed last year. Both lost to the Chiefs in their deepest playoff runs. They're at least in the same tier.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Falcons did nothing when Kyle left.

I like McDermott. I am sure Kyle would love to have Josh Allen.

Kyle passed on QBs (Watson, Mahomes) when his team was in position in the first round of the draft in 2017, even after bilking the Bears to allow them to move up. He settled for Beathard in the 3rd, ouch. Not a good draft to wait on QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superbowl and an overthrow away from a ring.

How the Falcons looking since he left?

McDermott can coach though.

That overthrow was worth 11 points or more?

Falcons offense was still 7th in 2017, 6th in 2018, 5th in 2019, and then fell off last year. Niners didn't catch up until 2019.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you guys win. Kyle Shanahan is garbage. smh

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on the radar? Winning record in Buffalo and in the playoffs 3 of 4 years (once before drafting Allen). Shanny has a losing record overall with one winning season, then regressed last year. Both lost to the Chiefs in their deepest playoff runs. They're at least in the same tier.

You named quite a few superbowl winning coaches, and a guy that has had some recent success in Buffalo.
However if you're taking Kyle vs Sean I'd say they are more so same tier.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is on the hot seat every other year. With all of Rivera’s culture talk, I would trade Rivera for Kyle right now. I love Rivera and he can do better than Dan and us, but the guy wouldn't even call a timeout until October, costing us at least two games potentially.

Vrabel.......really? If you say so.

I'd much rather have Kyle than Jon Gruden at this point.

Vrabel turned around the Titans, turned Tannenhill into a productive qb, and led the most dominant running attack in the nfl for two straight years in his first two years as a head coach, so.... yeah.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is on the hot seat every other year. With all of Rivera’s culture talk, I would trade Rivera for Kyle right now. I love Rivera and he can do better than Dan and us, but the guy wouldn't even call a timeout until October, costing us at least two games potentially.

Harbaugh also won a superbowl, constantly retools his team, and completely changed his offensive gameplan to fit the personnel he drafted.

Shanny has been on the hot seat too, which is why he was fired from some places he’s coached, and moved on from others. Being on the hot seat is irrelevant. 90% of all NFL coaches all time have been on the hot seat.

I would not trade RR for KS now for all the stability and sense of reaponsibility that RR so obviously instills in his team. He was an NFL lb, who coached through cancer and grew up in the military. KS is a stat nerd who might or might not have played backup something in college. Not even close.

I would rather have KS than Gruden now though. I think Jon’s ship has sailed.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh can coach, but imo Kyle designed the offense that Harbaugh has somewhat implemented. In today's NFL, I'll take the offensive mind every time if it's close.

Payton, Reid, Arians, McVay. Of course Bowles did a number on Reid, but that o line was in shambles. To each his own I guess.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh also won a superbowl, constantly retools his team, and completely changed his offensive gameplan to fit the personnel he drafted.

Shanny has been on the hot seat too, which is why he was fired from some places he’s coached, and moved on from others. Being on the hot seat is irrelevant. 90% of all NFL coaches all time have been on the hot seat.

I would not trade RR for KS now for all the stability and sense of reaponsibility that RR so obviously instills in his team. He was an NFL lb, who coached through cancer and grew up in the military. KS is a stat nerd who might or might not have played backup something in college. Not even close.

I would rather have KS than Gruden now though. I think Jon’s ship has sailed.
Where has Kyle been fired from and what teams had him on the hot seat ... other than the Redskins?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where has Kyle been fired from and what teams had him on the hot seat ... other than the Redskins?

The Redskins fired him, he resigned from Cleveland.

He joined the redskins to begin with because his daddy was going to be the head coach, as you well know.

He also totally blew the falcons super bowl and is 29-35 as a head coach. That’s a 45% winning percentage.

Jay Gruden’s winning percentage is 41%.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins fired him, he resigned from Cleveland.

He joined the redskins to begin with because his daddy was going to be the head coach, as you well know.

He also totally blew the falcons super bowl and is 29-35 as a head coach. That’s a 45% winning percentage.

Jay Gruden’s winning percentage is 41%.
I was sure you weren't going to use the Redskins as an excuse. That was like a get out of jail free card.

You are entitled to your position, as you could see several of us here disagree with you.

BTW you left the half of the story out so you could support your opinion. But that's cool.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERSSam Darnold Trade Rumors: 49ers Not Expected to Pursue Deal for Jets QBTYLER CONWAYMARCH 13, 2021

Charles Krupa/Associated Press

The San Francisco 49ers are not expected to be among the trade partners for New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold.

"The response I've received on the Sam Darnold situation is, 'Do not expect the 49ers to be in it,'" NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said on the Murph and Mac Podcast. "Maybe it could change. I guess, theoretically, anything is possible. I never rule anything out in this ridiculous, stupid world. I do not expect the 49ers, as of my knowledge right now, to be in it."

The Jets have seemingly not made a decision on Darnold's future as they assess their options with the second pick in April's draft. Conventional wisdom says they will select BYU's Zach Wilson at No. 2 and then deal Darnold, their 2018 first-round pick.

However, the Jets have yet to tip their hand even though several teams have made moves at quarterback. Darnold was highly touted out of USC but has failed to live up to expectations, thanks in part to the Jets' mismanagement in picking coaches and personnel. Some teams may view Darnold as a reclamation project who could thrive in a better situation.

The 49ers, also in the market for a quarterback upgrade, apparently do not view Darnold as better than Jimmy Garoppolo. While there has been speculation about Garoppolo's future with the franchise, 49ers general manager John Lynch said the team is focused on finding a better backup and hoping Jimmy G stays healthy.

"Being available is a big part of this thing," Lynch said on The Eye Test for Two podcast (h/t Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk). "So we—probably as a stated goal—we have to insulate ourselves better. We've got to have better options if he's not there.

"I've watched people go through this in their careers where they struggled early. It happened to me early, and then I went eight years without missing a practice. So I believe things can happen, and I believe they will for him. I really believe that Jimmy is our guy."

The 49ers are 22-8 with Garoppolo as their starter over the last four seasons.

49ers Want Trent Williams Back

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I'm done. Wake me when something really happens.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sure you weren't going to use the Redskins as an excuse. That was like a get out of jail free card.

You are entitled to your position, as you could see several of us here disagree with you.

BTW you left the half of the story out so you could support your opinion. But that's cool.
True on all accounts.

I think KS is a classless jerk and though he’s a pretty good coach, I’m glad he’s gone.

I wish The Danny was gone too, because he’s an even bigger classless jerk, and I habe no doubt that KS is trilled to be in the Bay area in an obviously better situation than what he had in washington.

He just hasnt done much with it yet - he made it to the big dance on the strength of his defense, not his offensive mind genius.

To each their own.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I am in love with Kyle's personality. I like his ability to coach. No doubt shortly after the Shanahan's got here the civil war started in DC.

Sadly there was three guys who are now HC's and all three have success. If I remember right one was Mike's son and Mike brought in McVay and Lafleur.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that I am in love with Kyle's personality. I like his ability to coach. No doubt shortly after the Shanahan's got here the civil war started in DC.

Sadly there was three guys who are now HC's and all three have success. If I remember right one was Mike's son and Mike brought in McVay and Lafleur.

I 100% agree with you here. Arguably the best thing that the Shannys did while they were here was assemble a great coaching staff.

Arguably the worst thing The Danny / Brucifer did was allow all that coaching talent to leave.

I’d take McVay over RR right now, and am sorry to have seen LaFleur go to. I hope the loss of Kyle Smith doesnt come back to haunt us too.

I dont have that much faith in Panther retreads with a mixed history of drafting well, as compared to a guy who I think has pretty much crushed the draft over the last few years.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fairly certain we all wanted Kyle when pops was hired here. For sure Kyle would take the reins from his retiring old man but no, Danny DB had to screw that up too. Always wondered how Kyle would have faired here. Likely no better than anyone else hired as HC as long as Danny DB is the owner.