• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Actuallly....Sam Darnold

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really think Washington will win one with Darnold as QB you need your head examined
If you are dismissing him already like Nick Foles was then maybe you need your head examined . You win super bowls as a team and if you can name an elite qb who won Super Bowls without good to great players around him I am all ears .

I don’t know what Darnold could be . Is he bad because the teams around him suck like a Ryan Tannehill or really old school Jim Plunket ? Or is he the reason they are bad ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for detailing that better than I did Breed. There was never an argument about San Fran's D, but as HC Shanahan was responsible for both. Too often some fans see someone not succeed here and decided they suck. JMO but Shanahan is one of the better HC's in the league.
I'd be quite pleased indeed if Kyle already was or were to become the Skins HC. I ain't gonna front. I wasn't real high on him when he was @ Houston or when he first joined the Skins. He won me over though with the job he did with Griffin. It's too bad that Snyder chose Griffin over the Shanahans. While I'm not a big fan of Mike's. If something would've kept Kyle here that would've been cool. But that probably would've ended badly as well. As Bruce became a hands on personnel guy when he was given the GM gig in 2014 and would've found a way to sabotage Kyle. Sigh. How Bruce Allen is the son of who imo is the 2nd greatest coach in Redskins history. Yet didn't learn a damn thing about football from his father perplexes me.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something wrong with Kyle, he is innovative, even genius but he can't maintain success. He does it everywhere he goes. I don't know if he's stubborn like his dad or adjust poorly

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be quite pleased indeed if Kyle already was or were to become the Skins HC. I ain't gonna front. I wasn't real high on him when he was @ Houston or when he first joined the Skins. He won me over though with the job he did with Griffin. It's too bad that Snyder chose Griffin over the Shanahans. While I'm not a big fan of Mike's. If something would've kept Kyle here that would've been cool. But that probably would've ended badly as well. As Bruce became a hands on personnel guy when he was given the GM gig in 2014 and would've found a way to sabotage Kyle. Sigh. How Bruce Allen is the son of who imo is the 2nd greatest coach in Redskins history. Yet didn't learn a damn thing about football from his father perplexes me.

I said all along I wanted Kyle.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew little about Kyle when he came here with his father. I grew to like him. Loved how he found a way to be successful with Griffin. I did know BA's reputation as a personnel guy wasn't good. I think from the beginning it there was a power struggle between Allen and Mike Shanahan. Allen clearly sucked.

Skin, not sure why you'd say Shanahan's can't maintain success. He has only been HC for one team. They sucked when he got there, he got them to the SB in three(?) years and had a crap load of injuries last year. Maybe you are right. I like him though. Belichek isn't a little stubborn?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing you can say about shanahan is thaf he finds a way to be successful for a while at all of his stops - atlanta, dc, sf.

He’s certainly a whole lot better of a coach than Gruden was.

I dont think he’s any better than Rivera is, frankly, but if snyder did t fuck up everything, I would have ok with shanny being the coach here too.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle is easily in the top 10 to 6 range.

I'd take Belichick, Tomlin, McVay, Reid, Payton over him.

You could argue Arians, Gruden, and Carroll. I wouldn't, but you could.

Dude can coach.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude can coach.

McDermott deserves to be in consideration for that list. He really turned around the Bills; has Shanny Jr done as much?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew little about Kyle when he came here with his father. I grew to like him. Loved how he found a way to be successful with Griffin. I did know BA's reputation as a personnel guy wasn't good. I think from the beginning it there was a power struggle between Allen and Mike Shanahan. Allen clearly sucked.

Skin, not sure why you'd say Shanahan's can't maintain success. He has only been HC for one team. They sucked when he got there, he got them to the SB in three(?) years and had a crap load of injuries last year. Maybe you are right. I like him though. Belichek isn't a little stubborn?

More so referring to Kyle being able to take anything from so so to Elite talent, have success, and then possibly a year later struggle to repeat it. Every team deals with injuries, distractions, etc...I'm just more so surprised he isn't playing for a conference championship more often.
As far as his football acumen, it's unquestionably great. Same with Mike and his ability to build a team from nothing

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott deserves to be in consideration for that list. He really turned around the Bills; has Shanny Jr done as much?
McDermott is not even on the radar, when mentioning these coaches, Kyle included.
He's getting there though

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superbowl and an overthrow away from a ring.

How the Falcons looking since he left?

McDermott can coach though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superbowl and an overthrow away from a ring.

How the Falcons looking since he left?

McDermott can coach though.
Exactly, Falcons did nothing when Kyle left.

I like McDermott. I am sure Kyle would love to have Josh Allen.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude can coach.

Kyle in the top ten is kookytalk.

He’s a good coach. He’s solid. Top ten?!?!?! Ummmmmm.....no.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
multiple super bowl coaches better than shanny
Bellicheck
Reid
Payton
Carroll
Gruden
Tomlin
Harbaugh

Coaches equal to shanny
McDermott
McVay
Rivera
Tennessee dude - vrabel?
Reich

I’d argue he didnt turn a single program around, unlike McVay, McDermott, Rivera, or Vrabel.

i’d put him squarely on par with reich. Say.... about 12th

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is on the hot seat every other year. With all of Rivera’s culture talk, I would trade Rivera for Kyle right now. I love Rivera and he can do better than Dan and us, but the guy wouldn't even call a timeout until October, costing us at least two games potentially.

Vrabel.......really? If you say so.

I'd much rather have Kyle than Jon Gruden at this point.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something wrong with Kyle, he is innovative, even genius but he can't maintain success. He does it everywhere he goes. I don't know if he's stubborn like his dad or adjust poorly
When Kyle's had a running game to work with he's been a damn good play caller and coach imo. He isn't pass happy or concerned with trying to play hero ball with his QBs. I like that.

He's also had some shitty luck with injuries as it concerns Jimmy G. Who's missed almost as many games, 23, as he's played in, 25, the last 3 years.

Full disclosure, he called a bad 2nd half in the Super bowl with the Falcons yet. He's 2 plays away from having 2 Super Bowl rings. Those 2 plays had they been made would give you a 180 degree attitude adjustment far as how you view Kyle. And while people can quibble back n forth somewhat about the Hightower strip/sack. That pass by Jimmy G to Sanders has to be made.

@gkekoa I'm hip. I know you've been a KS fan for a minute. And so has my man @Darrell Green Fan. Going all the way back to his days @ Houston working with Matt Schaub.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is on the hot seat every other year. With all of Rivera’s culture talk, I would trade Rivera for Kyle right now. I love Rivera and he can do better than Dan and us, but the guy wouldn't even call a timeout until October, costing us at least two games potentially.

Vrabel.......really? If you say so.

I'd much rather have Kyle than Jon Gruden at this point.
Given that Cleveland's FO mandated that Manziel be made the Browns starter and Kyle said fuck that publicly. It would've been interesting to see how he would've handled the Haskins situation. I gotta believe both Allen and a rusty Smith could've been better than 1-5 after 6 weeks and that both were far better prepared to run the offense. Haskins game against Carolina was nauseating as well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan gotta stop that shit. Excuse my French.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and that Falcons WR that was breaking open in the Super Bowl did do a stint as a Redskin. Aldrick Robinson.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kyle's had a running game to work with he's been a damn good play caller and coach imo. He isn't pass happy or concerned with trying to play hero ball with his QBs. I like that.

He's also had some shitty luck with injuries as it concerns Jimmy G. Who's missed almost as many games, 23, as he's played in, 25, the last 3 years.

Full disclosure, he called a bad 2nd half in the Super bowl with the Falcons yet. He's 2 plays away from having 2 Super Bowl rings. Those 2 plays had they been made would give you a 180 degree attitude adjustment far as how you view Kyle. And while people can quibble back n forth somewhat about the Hightower strip/sack. That pass by Jimmy G to Sanders has to be made.

@gkekoa I'm hip. I know you've been a KS fan for a minute. And so has my man @Darrell Green Fan. Going all the way back to his days @ Houston working with Matt Schaub.

Wow, bill me, because you read my mind. Its like after that ATL fiasco, I lost respect for one of the greatest OC's of all time.