• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A look from the Seattle fan base in Vid

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have a distorted view due to the media.

We are quite proud and we do live in an area of the country that digs football. When on MNF Al and Chris talk about the 12th man (which they do every time we are on), it really gets under the skin of many NFL fans who are not fans of the Seahawks. I can understand it. MNF is just one example of media reporting that it is loud in Seattle.
You blame us for this, calling us assholes over it.

Whatever.

What area of the country doesn't "dig" football? I just think I don't need to be told that somehow football in the pacific northwest is somehow different than Tennessee or Pennsylvania.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your heroes are an astounding 1-2 in SB's but you can do what you'd like with your coat.

I suppose getting into 3 Super Bowls in the last 9 years and losing 2 of them translates to sucktitude to you, but to get there I saw live 6 killer playoff games including 3 NFCCG's at The Clink going 6-0 over that span.

Take that sucka.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What area of the country doesn't "dig" football? I just think I don't need to be told that somehow football in the pacific northwest is somehow different than Tennessee or Pennsylvania.
We like football a lot, but when comparing to Texas and how serious they are especially at the high school and college level, we can't touch that.

Alabama, HUGE, Florida also HUGE. NFL in Florida, not so much.
Not all stadiums are full on game day. You don't see that?

The PK

Capo Di Tutti Capi
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question that as a group they are the most sensitive bunch on the hoop. Toss in making ridiculous comments like the one I called out last night and it's no wonder some folks are tired of their shit.

BTW, there is a similar video of Toronto Maple Leaf fans during game 7 against the Bruins a few years back. When Boston scored 3 times in the last 10 minutes to tie it then going on to win in OT to seal the comeback from a 3-1 series deficit it was the same stunned reaction. I hate the Leafs and I chuckled.

That was exactly the video I was reminded of.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We like football a lot, but when comparing to Texas and how serious they are especially at the high school and college level, we can't touch that.

Alabama, HUGE, Florida also HUGE. NFL in Florida, not so much.
Not all stadiums are full on game day. You don't see that?

I've been to games in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York , Washington and Ive never seen a jersey with 12th man as the name on the back and yes the stadiums were full. Just sayin

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to games in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York , Washington and Ive never seen a jersey with 12th man as the name on the back and yes the stadiums were full. Just sayin
Wake up Kevin.
12 is our #.
When someone mentions the 12's, which team do you think of?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up Kevin.
12 is our #.

Easy, New England Patriots and Tom Brady, and Aarron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers. It sure the f isn't Seattle.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy, New England Patriots and Tom Brady, and Aarron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers. It sure the f isn't Seattle.

I'm a little in-between. The 12th man is a generic term that every football team at every level uses, but Seattle commercialized it very well. If you had asked me 4 years ago who the 12th man is, my honest answer would have been the fans of any football team. Today I would say it's the Seattle fans. For better or worse, they've kind of taken it over.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little in-between. The 12th man is a generic term that every football team at every level uses, but Seattle commercialized it very well. If you had asked me 4 years ago who the 12th man is, my honest answer would have been the fans of any football team. Today I would say it's the Seattle fans. For better or worse, they've kind of taken it over.

We will have to wait and see, but my gut tells me it's heavy band wagon based fan base.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to wait and see, but my gut tells me it's heavy band wagon based fan base.

Lol, of course it is. We were all alive 4 years ago when nobody even knew Seattle had fans. They've still kind of brute forced their way to that title.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, of course it is. We were all alive 4 years ago when nobody even knew Seattle had fans. They've still kind of brute forced their way to that title.

A Super Bowl win got those folks fired up.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, what is the deal with Cowboys fans and the Seahawks? Going back 5 or 6 years to the old ESPN boards I remember Cowboys fans having a weird fascination with Seattle. Even before this season started there was a thread here with multiple Cowboys fans saying the Seahawks were a one year wonder, that they wouldn't make the playoffs, and then running their mouths about how the Cowboys won some Super Bowls 20+ years ago. I don't get it, they all seem to have a collective hard-on for the team and in some cases for the city of Seattle in general. Does this go back to the botched Romo snap? Because it's not like either team was going to win anything that year anyway. Kind of a big grudge to hold.

This is crazy.....10 years on the ESPN boards and Seattle hardly registered on the Dallas board. Make um up as you go seems to be the seattle rally cry. I do recall an active seattle poster posting weekly on the cowboy board about the greatness of seattle last season. This guy posted after each playoff win and wore out his welcome, but that was last season. Now it's bull stuff like your post here, being in a better position because your first runner up, and a soon to be dynasty.

LOL....Dallas fans that have been around through the Landry days laugh at you fools talking about respect. What a load

Landry was coach 16 years before Seahawks even existed. Are you saying newer teams are always to be kicked around?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they bought the rights to it from texas A+M:suds:

The Seattle Seahawks continue to use the phrase, having settled with Texas A&M out of court after a trademark lawsuit filed by Texas A&M:suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up Kevin.
12 is our #.

Is it?

I know exactly who I think of. You pay the REAL 12th man to pretend like it "is yours". :suds:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they bought the rights to it from texas A+M:suds:

The Seattle Seahawks continue to use the phrase, having settled with Texas A&M out of court after a trademark lawsuit filed by Texas A&M:suds:

They did, but it's working and getting their fans excited and they're (currently) creating a great game atmosphere. When the Sonics were there, they were kind of known as basketball first, football second. Hopefully the vast number of fans they've gained in the last 3 years will continue during the down years and they will eventually be known as a great football city.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did, but it's working and getting their fans excited and they're (currently) creating a great game atmosphere. When the Sonics were there, they were kind of known as basketball first, football second. Hopefully the vast number of fans they've gained in the last 3 years will continue during the down years and they will eventually be known as a great football city.

Eventually the Mariners have to get decent again.

Then we will see an influx of mariner posters.