• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the risk, isn't it. It's also why I keep saying they're hedging their bets more than people think and with each new contract/move that seems to be more and more the case.
I really don't know what the fuck the Royals were doing this offseason. They hole in RF was a much bigger issue than the rotation.. adding Kennedy isn't going to make that rotation any better... it was shit before the signing and its still shit... They should have put that money into an outfielder.. Fowler or Austin Jackson would have been a fine signing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Gomes or Santana fan, eh?
Gomes hasn't done shit outside of a few weeks. Lets be honest.. he is a career .262 hitter with a career OBP of .303 and cant stay healthy.

Santana is nothing special at all. Was hyped to be something that he isn't.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer is going to get 20 mil + almost guaranteed. Its not even a question. KC isn't going to have the cheddar to sign Hosmer and keep Moustakas, Escobar, and fill holes at DH, RF, and in the rotation. They aren't keeping Hosmer.. its not happening. You can get their out of your head now. They honestly would be stupid to let him go and only get a comp pick.. they need to trade him before free agency to get MLB ready talent to help fill holes so they can afford to keep moustakas.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. the Indians offense is going to suck major dick. Outside of an injured Brantley and Lindor.. everyone else is pretty average. Your corner outfielders are poop.
Jason Kipnis is average?

I would GLADLY bet you that Yan Gomes is a top 10 hitting catcher in MLB this year.

The Indians are above average at those 4 positions....2B, SS, LF, C...

3rd base they are horrible with Urshela....RF they are below average with Chisenhall, CF they are somewhere pretty horrible with Davis/Almonte.....

1B and DH is Santana and Napoli- I dunno - Santana isnt the worst 1B/DH but hes def not in the top 15-20....and Napoli while he finished strong certainly is well passed any prime and its not like he was great in his prime.

the thing is- if they just get BAD performances out of Napoli, Davis, Chiz, Lindor etc. thatll be miles ahead of where they were last year

before replacing Lindor with him- Jose Ramirez gave the Indians a 219 average in over 300 at bats

before replacing Chiz with him- Brandon Moss gave the Indians a 217 average (albeit 15 hrs) in 337 at bats

Nick BROHIO Swisher got just over 100 at bats and gave them a .198 average with 2 hrs

Urshela? was rushed up because of how BAD Chiz was BOTH defensively and offensively at third- and he batted .225 with a .279 obp in 267 at bats-- he AINT batting 300 this year but hes not gonna bat 225 again either

Mike Aviles? 290 at bats- 230 average

Michael freaking Bourn almost 300 at bats with a .246 average and no poewr (or effort in general)

the Indians had SO many offensive performances that were just so WRETCHEDLY bad- that merely replacing those guys with COMPETENT major leaguers like Davis and Napoli- and bringup up Lindor etc....should just help IMMENSELY....i hope they bring in David Freese to compete at 3rd- not because i think David Freese is that good- just that he is MERELY COMPETENT......if they get just the bare minimum of competency out of this weaker positions- with the 3 All Star level guys- and one of the best hitting catchers in baseball (in my opinion)- with that staff they should be able to compete.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer is going to get 20 mil + almost guaranteed. Its not even a question. KC isn't going to have the cheddar to sign Hosmer and keep Moustakas, Escobar, and fill holes at DH, RF, and in the rotation. They aren't keeping Hosmer.. its not happening. You can get their out of your head now. They honestly would be stupid to let him go and only get a comp pick.. they need to trade him before free agency to get MLB ready talent to help fill holes so they can afford to keep moustakas.
20 + million for a guy who is a cornerstone guy is not dick in todays MLB...shit - like 4 years ago the Indians gave Swisher like 15 a year and were broke as fuck. the freaking qualfying offer is like 14 million. Greinke just got like what? 30-35?

The Royals could without a doubt afford a 7 year 150 million dollar deal for Hosmer.........i wouldnt do that dumb shit like with Votto where you add on like 8 years when theres already 2 years still left on the deal...but 7 years at like 22 a year is very very reasonable in todays game.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kipnis is average?

I would GLADLY bet you that Yan Gomes is a top 10 hitting catcher in MLB this year.

The Indians are above average at those 4 positions....2B, SS, LF, C...

3rd base they are horrible with Urshela....RF they are below average with Chisenhall, CF they are somewhere pretty horrible with Davis/Almonte.....

1B and DH is Santana and Napoli- I dunno - Santana isnt the worst 1B/DH but hes def not in the top 15-20....and Napoli while he finished strong certainly is well passed any prime and its not like he was great in his prime.

the thing is- if they just get BAD performances out of Napoli, Davis, Chiz, Lindor etc. thatll be miles ahead of where they were last year

before replacing Lindor with him- Jose Ramirez gave the Indians a 219 average in over 300 at bats

before replacing Chiz with him- Brandon Moss gave the Indians a 217 average (albeit 15 hrs) in 337 at bats

Nick BROHIO Swisher got just over 100 at bats and gave them a .198 average with 2 hrs

Urshela? was rushed up because of how BAD Chiz was BOTH defensively and offensively at third- and he batted .225 with a .279 obp in 267 at bats-- he AINT batting 300 this year but hes not gonna bat 225 again either

Mike Aviles? 290 at bats- 230 average

Michael freaking Bourn almost 300 at bats with a .246 average and no poewr (or effort in general)

the Indians had SO many offensive performances that were just so WRETCHEDLY bad- that merely replacing those guys with COMPETENT major leaguers like Davis and Napoli- and bringup up Lindor etc....should just help IMMENSELY....i hope they bring in David Freese to compete at 3rd- not because i think David Freese is that good- just that he is MERELY COMPETENT......if they get just the bare minimum of competency out of this weaker positions- with the 3 All Star level guys- and one of the best hitting catchers in baseball (in my opinion)- with that staff they should be able to compete.
being a top ten catcher is pretty shitty. He is average with the bat... and that is being generous. Kipnis is average.. yes... He is nothing special. and when he is surrounded by the poop in the lineup like cleveland has.. he is even less likely to get a pitch to hit.

The Indians lineup is full of holes.. its not good. Its shit. Without a healthy Brantley its even shittier. Your entire outfield is complete anus at the plate without Brantley around.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 + million for a guy who is a cornerstone guy is not dick in todays MLB...shit - like 4 years ago the Indians gave Swisher like 15 a year and were broke as fuck. the freaking qualfying offer is like 14 million. Greinke just got like what? 30-35?

The Royals could without a doubt afford a 7 year 150 million dollar deal for Hosmer.........i wouldnt do that dumb shit like with Votto where you add on like 8 years when theres already 2 years still left on the deal...but 7 years at like 22 a year is very very reasonable in todays game.
lol.. if you think Hosmer is getting a 7 year 150 mil deal... He is going to probably get an 8 year 180 mil deal. The Yankees have been drooling over him for years and will have a ton of money off the books by then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a top ten catcher is pretty shitty. He is average with the bat... and that is being generous. Kipnis is average.. yes... He is nothing special. and when he is surrounded by the poop in the lineup like cleveland has.. he is even less likely to get a pitch to hit.

The Indians lineup is full of holes.. its not good. Its shit. Without a healthy Brantley its even shittier. Your entire outfield is complete anus at the plate without Brantley around.
2 of the last 3 years Kipnis has been a top 3 - AT WORST top 5 2nd basemen i nbaseball- but hes average? CMON man....at leaset have a little credibility here.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are already going to be paying 20 mil a year to Gordon and 17 mil to Kennedy... They will have Moustakas as a free agent.. Cain.. Duffy, Wade Davis, and a handful of other guys. They are the smallest market in the MLB.... do you think the Royals are going to tie up 60 mil in 3 players.. when they half their team coming up as a free agent in 2018?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the last 3 years Kipnis has been a top 3 - AT WORST top 5 2nd basemen i nbaseball- but hes average? CMON man....at leaset have a little credibility here.
Dude.. the Indians lineup has more holes in it than swiss cheese. You are going to have at least 4 guys in your lineup that are not good. Seriously.. You are wasting your time trying to sell to anyone the Indians have a good lineup.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. if you think Hosmer is getting a 7 year 150 mil deal... He is going to probably get an 8 year 180 mil deal. The Yankees have been drooling over him for years and will have a ton of money off the books by then.
- i think if he wants every last dime he could get a 9 year deal worth like 220- i WOULDNT give him that if i was the royals...just depends on if he wants every last penny. I wouldnt sign him to a 9 year 220 million dollar deal- but then again- i wouldnt have given Verlander and Cabrera the deals they got- but your really paying a big tax on those last years........

Carrying one guy at like 22-25 million a year is not gonna destroy a team if that guy is a franchise guy that actually plays well and is an all star. I just dont know if Hosmer is that guy. Like I said- he has ONE year where he was a top 20 hitter in the major leagues.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously...

Rajai Davis shit
Lindor - One of the only guys that may actually be decent
Kipnis - as a three hole hitter is laughable.
Santana - shit
Gomes - shit
napoli - shit
chisenahall - shit
ursela- shit
almonte - shit

Tell me again how the indians lineup is good?

Fucking Radai davis is 35 and hit .258 last year in front of miggy fucking cabrera..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are already going to be paying 20 mil a year to Gordon and 17 mil to Kennedy... They will have Moustakas as a free agent.. Cain.. Duffy, Wade Davis, and a handful of other guys. They are the smallest market in the MLB.... do you think the Royals are going to tie up 60 mil in 3 players.. when they half their team coming up as a free agent in 2018?
no - they will probably trade one or two---- even Gordon if they wanted to- just like they did....I mean- you could have been on here spreading doom and gloom about the Royals when they traded Greinke---- of course they set themselves up for their world series run with that deal.....would it surpise me if they signed Hosmer, traded CAin AND or Gordon, or whatever they think is best- and still were pretty good? absolutely not.....I think Moore has earned a little bit of leash on this when the moves he has made have been pretty damn brilliant over the last 3-4 years for the most part....cant say I like that Kennedy deal though...holy fuck...THANK GOD the Indians can develop their own pitching because it is EXPENSIVE.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- i think if he wants every last dime he could get a 9 year deal worth like 220- i WOULDNT give him that if i was the royals...just depends on if he wants every last penny. I wouldnt sign him to a 9 year 220 million dollar deal- but then again- i wouldnt have given Verlander and Cabrera the deals they got- but your really paying a big tax on those last years........

Carrying one guy at like 22-25 million a year is not gonna destroy a team if that guy is a franchise guy that actually plays well and is an all star. I just dont know if Hosmer is that guy. Like I said- he has ONE year where he was a top 20 hitter in the major leagues.
You do understand who Hosmer and Moustakas's agent is right? Its Scott Boris.. He IS getting every last penny.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no - they will probably trade one or two---- even Gordon if they wanted to- just like they did....I mean- you could have been on here spreading doom and gloom about the Royals when they traded Greinke---- of course they set themselves up for their world series run with that deal.....would it surpise me if they signed Hosmer, traded CAin AND or Gordon, or whatever they think is best- and still were pretty good? absolutely not.....I think Moore has earned a little bit of leash on this when the moves he has made have been pretty damn brilliant over the last 3-4 years for the most part....cant say I like that Kennedy deal though...holy fuck...THANK GOD the Indians can develop their own pitching because it is EXPENSIVE.
Who is taking on Alex Gordon's contract out of his prime that is back loaded and will pay him 20 mil a year when he is in his late 30's?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously...

Rajai Davis shit
Lindor - One of the only guys that may actually be decent
Kipnis - as a three hole hitter is laughable.
Santana - shit
Gomes - shit
napoli - shit
chisenahall - shit
ursela- shit
almonte - shit

Tell me again how the indians lineup is good?

Fucking Radai davis is 35 and hit .258 last year in front of miggy fucking cabrera..

when you say "one of the guys that may actually be decent" when ive basically seen that there is absolutely NO ONE who thinks Lindor isnt already a top 5 guy at the position (and ive seen PLENTY that already think Him and Correa are 2 and 1 respectively) i mean i just dont know what to say.

Lindor is decent

Kipnis is average

Gomes is shit

lol.....what world do you live in?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you say "one of the guys that may actually be decent" when ive basically seen that there is absolutely NO ONE who thinks Lindor isnt already a top 5 guy at the position (and ive seen PLENTY that already think Him and Correa are 2 and 1 respectively) i mean i just dont know what to say.

Lindor is decent

Kipnis is average

Gomes is shit

lol.....what world do you live in?
reality

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you look at the lineup the indians are projected to trot out and say to yourself... this has pennant written all over it? Seriously.. The Indians lineup is dog shit.