• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got banned pretty much immediately upon joining for busting Hammer's balls because he said there were a lot of players that give the Padres "hometown discounts to play in San Diego." I jumped on that. Let him know that those weren't "hometown discounts," but rather all they could get because no other team would have those shitty players. It all started when he said he was sure that Chase Headley had to be super disappointed that he was traded to the Yankees. Pretty funny in hindsight.

I got reinstated somehow and banned shortly thereafter for starting a cross-sport athlete comparison poll where I asked tHoop the hard-hitting question of who was a better rapist, Kobe Bryant or Ben Rothlesberger. Banned immediately. Seriously, I think it was about ten seconds after I posted the poll. He must have been watching me.

Then I snuck back on with an alt account, but I PM'ed Hammer and told him who I was. That's when he reinstated my original account and made my signature, "I'm an asshole," and he set it so that I couldn't change it (I think he wanted that to bother me, but I laughed my ass off). He proceeded to tell me that based on Cyder's vouching for me, he'd let me stay, but that I was clearly an asshole and a non-entertaining asshole. Nearly 11k positive ratings later, I'm all, "HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?!"

We got through all that and he told me that when FanNation crashed, some guys came over here and acted like total shitsticks. Causing real problems and even threatening to sue him? Crazy shit. I didn't know the guys he was talking about - they were apparently from the FN NHL boards and I don't know shit about that because I'm not from Canada.

YAPP was a unique guy. He could be funny as hell, but if something pissed him off, the guy would fly WAY OFF the fucking chain. I think that's what got him banned. At one point, Hammer told me YAPP had sent the site an email and wanted to be reinstated and asked what I thought. I told him he's funny as hell, but can go crazy. Hammer reinstated YAPP's account but, to my knowledge, YAPP never posted again. He did funny shit like that. He always said he wanted to join the DLFL (FN's fantasy baseball league) and we'd arrange a spot for him, I'd ask him for an email address so that he could register on the CBS site and he'd say "never mind." Seems it happened every year.

Those prime years on FN were fucking HYSTERICAL. Atro, YAPP, Sir Robin, Field Marshall Sunny Day, Justin Cyder, Shoulda Traded Phil Hughes, ChiSox, Chasin Utleys, and I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting. Those days could get funny as hell.

Overall, I do like this place better now that I'm acclimated to it, but I do miss those prime times on FN.

<pours out some liquor>
TL;DR... yes, we know you're an entertaining asshole.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I'm talking about the 200mg ones. And you're right, they aren't meant for 1 time consumption.

I'm totally confused. You said you eat two or three 200mg dummies at a time? So you're eating 600mg?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^manifesto^
This account I'm posting on isnt my first SportsHoopla account.

Joined a few days earlier under an "assumed name". Talked a ton of shit, mostly to Tigers fans,till Hammer swooped in and laid down the law. He might not have known where I was, but he knew I wasn't in Arizona. I don't think he ever knew for a fact that I wasn't retired or didn't go to Eastern. But he knew enough, the ban Hammer came quickly.

I always thought your signature was just a public service announcement. Lol. That kind of shit always cracked me up about Hammer. Wish he hadn't sold the place, wish he hadn't left the place. Never did appreciate his fascism till it was too late. (I actually did, just wanted to call him a fascist, in case he reads this.)

Do you ever check in with the other FN guys that got booted over at TheIslandofMisfitToys? I read it sometimes, but don't have an account. They realllly hate this place.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Smitty here that we need to hit 15k before we wrap this bitch up.

That said, once it is time to create a new thread, I would like to nominate @dougplayer to start it - if he's willing - hopefully with one a characteristically Tigers-bent assessment of what will happen in the ALc in 2017.

Doug, are you in?

Has doug said the Tigers will win ALc & the W.S. in '17 yet?:noidea:

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got banned pretty much immediately upon joining for busting Hammer's balls because he said there were a lot of players that give the Padres "hometown discounts to play in San Diego." I jumped on that. Let him know that those weren't "hometown discounts," but rather all they could get because no other team would have those shitty players. It all started when he said he was sure that Chase Headley had to be super disappointed that he was traded to the Yankees. Pretty funny in hindsight.

I got reinstated somehow and banned shortly thereafter for starting a cross-sport athlete comparison poll where I asked tHoop the hard-hitting question of who was a better rapist, Kobe Bryant or Ben Rothlesberger. Banned immediately. Seriously, I think it was about ten seconds after I posted the poll. He must have been watching me.

Then I snuck back on with an alt account, but I PM'ed Hammer and told him who I was. That's when he reinstated my original account and made my signature, "I'm an asshole," and he set it so that I couldn't change it (I think he wanted that to bother me, but I laughed my ass off). He proceeded to tell me that based on Cyder's vouching for me, he'd let me stay, but that I was clearly an asshole and a non-entertaining asshole. Nearly 11k positive ratings later, I'm all, "HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?!"

We got through all that and he told me that when FanNation crashed, some guys came over here and acted like total shitsticks. Causing real problems and even threatening to sue him? Crazy shit. I didn't know the guys he was talking about - they were apparently from the FN NHL boards and I don't know shit about that because I'm not from Canada.

YAPP was a unique guy. He could be funny as hell, but if something pissed him off, the guy would fly WAY OFF the fucking chain. I think that's what got him banned. At one point, Hammer told me YAPP had sent the site an email and wanted to be reinstated and asked what I thought. I told him he's funny as hell, but can go crazy. Hammer reinstated YAPP's account but, to my knowledge, YAPP never posted again. He did funny shit like that. He always said he wanted to join the DLFL (FN's fantasy baseball league) and we'd arrange a spot for him, I'd ask him for an email address so that he could register on the CBS site and he'd say "never mind." Seems it happened every year.

Those prime years on FN were fucking HYSTERICAL. Atro, YAPP, Sir Robin, Field Marshall Sunny Day, Justin Cyder, Shoulda Traded Phil Hughes, ChiSox, Chasin Utleys, and I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting. Those days could get funny as hell.

Overall, I do like this place better now that I'm acclimated to it, but I do miss those prime times on FN.

<pours out some liquor>
All I have to say is I'm winning the DLFL this year. No more fuckery!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought your signature was just a public service announcement. Lol.

Hehehe. Nope. Branded. He did grant me permission to change it quite a while back, but I like it. Like you said, a public service announcement. Just kinda puts it out there so we all know where we stand.

Do you ever check in with the other FN guys that got booted over at TheIslandofMisfitToys? I read it sometimes, but don't have an account. They realllly hate this place.

Honestly, I don't even know where you're talking about. The fantasy baseball league we started at FN (Dirty Little Fantasy League) is still running, so most of the peeps I interacted with are in that. I can't really think of too many FN cats that aren't either on here or in the DLFL that I would really want to seek out. I wouldn't mind checking in with YAPP, but I think he's dust in the wind.

One drawback about this place is the "team pages" where pussies can sit in their safe spaces and say stupid fluffy shit about their teams with impunity. That's the kind of stuff I love to tear up. You know, stuff like Padres' players get paid shit because they're giving hometown discounts, not because they suck balls. That's why I liked and miss Vice - he was not afraid to say absolutely stupid shit about the Tigers and then just sit there while I bashed him over the head with it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is I'm winning the DLFL this year. No more fuckery!

You've had one winning season - and that was thanks to Jeter taking anabolic through IV drip bags and living on a diet of stem cells freshly squoze from aborted baby feti.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehehe. Nope. Branded. He did grant me permission to change it quite a while back, but I like it. Like you said, a public service announcement. Just kinda puts it out there so we all know where we stand.

Honestly, I don't even know where you're talking about. The fantasy baseball league we started at FN (Dirty Little Fantasy League) is still running, so most of the peeps I interacted with are in that. I can't really think of too many FN cats that aren't either on here or in the DLFL that I would really want to seek out. I wouldn't mind checking in with YAPP, but I think he's dust in the wind.

One drawback about this place is the "team pages" where pussies can sit in their safe spaces and say stupid fluffy shit about their teams with impunity. That's the kind of stuff I love to tear up. You know, stuff like Padres' players get paid shit because they're giving hometown discounts, not because they suck balls. That's why I liked and miss Vice - he was not afraid to say absolutely stupid shit about the Tigers and then just sit there while I bashed him over the head with it.
I really don't handle homerism well, especially within my own ranks.

That's why this forum is so great. Doug E. Fresh keeps dudes in line. No spin, no fluff, just the facts.

(Lions Board may have got a little ugly a Time or two. If I ever had regrets, I'll certainly never admit to them publicly. Like forcing my personal moderator to quit the same day he started. No regrets. )

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've had one winning season - and that was thanks to Jeter taking anabolic through IV drip bags and living on a diet of stem cells freshly squoze from aborted baby feti.
I'm pretty sure he was taking B-12 shots in his ass like Clemens and Pettitte.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Can we ban. Iffy. I hate that dumb ass nut licker

You've got it doug. I'll stay on the Tigers forum.
I apologize to the several self-important gentlemen who feel that I have infringed on THEIR SPACE. I concede that @dougplayer is THEIR property and unless you are properly vetted, he should be left to their devices.

And doug...I truly hope you never come to the realization that you are seen as a broken toy. (Or maybe you have and like it?) You are seen as a joke, of course...but you also embarrass the Detroit Tigers. Fans of the Indians, Royals, Twins, and Sox know they can come here and beat down at least one Tiger fan, without breaking a sweat. Doug = the ALC Fool.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This account I'm posting on isnt my first SportsHoopla account.

Joined a few days earlier under an "assumed name". Talked a ton of shit, mostly to Tigers fans,till Hammer swooped in and laid down the law. He might not have known where I was, but he knew I wasn't in Arizona. I don't think he ever knew for a fact that I wasn't retired or didn't go to Eastern. But he knew enough, the ban Hammer came quickly.

I always thought your signature was just a public service announcement. Lol. That kind of shit always cracked me up about Hammer. Wish he hadn't sold the place, wish he hadn't left the place. Never did appreciate his fascism till it was too late. (I actually did, just wanted to call him a fascist, in case he reads this.)

Eh, Hammer's hypocrisy got old after awhile.