• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope royals put up a fight. Hope they haven't already packed for end of season. It ain't over till miggy ankle gets even worse and can't play

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope royals put up a fight. Hope they haven't already packed for end of season. It ain't over till miggy ankle gets even worse and can't play

You mean like how the Tigers appeared to toss in the towel against the Tribe in the first two games of the series?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 1-0 lose in 10 innings is throwing in the towel

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games out. You say it's over iffy?? Like over in football after 1 quarter??
Bawwwhaaa
Wolverines out scored Colorado. 38-7 after 1 and a half quarters. But you said it was over

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former tiger. Rick porcello having a great year. 20 game winner.he struggled at first with red sox. But having a career year.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBSSports gives the Tigers a 16.9% chance to take a wild card spot. Hard to believe that ''someone'' (here) guaranteed a 100% chance for the Tigers to take the AL Central. The Tigers are not a bad team and at the start of the season, most baseball people gave them at least a chance at making the post-season. Yet "someone" (here) said he was POSITIVE the Tigers would take the AL title and go on to the World Series. Looking back, I find that prediction extremely odd (stupid?), considering that this person also felt that Brad Ausmus was a terrible manager and would cost the team 16+ games! I am sure he has an excuse, as he is a Detroit Lions fan and is use to coming up with excuses for losing. Oh yeah and a Wolverine fan with, what? 8 years of excuse building for OSU loses.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#11Wisconsin vs #8Spartans on Saturday. MSU keeps on playing Top 20 teams while UM takes on Penn State (at HOME - again) PSU is ranked #44. I was really hoping that the Wolverines and Spartans would meet as two undefeated teams in Week 8....but with the panzy schedule UM has played, the Wisconsin game in two weeks is a definite hurdle for the Wolverines. I'm sure even Mr. Hometeam himself, has a little worry about that game.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#11Wisconsin vs #8Spartans on Saturday. MSU keeps on playing Top 20 teams while UM takes on Penn State (at HOME - again) PSU is ranked #44. I was really hoping that the Wolverines and Spartans would meet as two undefeated teams in Week 8....but with the panzy schedule UM has played, the Wisconsin game in two weeks is a definite hurdle for the Wolverines. I'm sure even Mr. Hometeam himself, has a little worry about that game.

UoM didn't look good against Colorado, but then Wisconsin barely scraped by Georgia State. The Big 10 has five teams in the Top 20, and four in the Top 11. There will be some attrition when the teams start beating up on each other, but so far, so good.

I was giving MSU a 9-3 season, with Notre Dame being one of the 3 losses, so they are ahead of my expectations so far. They are a tick better than I thought, especially on the O-line. 260 yards rushing vs. The Irish. The D-line still has some issues with the pass rush. Calhoun is sorely missed there. The toughest three remaining games for the Spartans (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St.) are all at home. Should be a very interesting Big 10 season.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called league play. Do I really have to explain 2. Big 10 playing each other iffy??

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called league play. Do I really have to explain 2. Big 10 playing each other iffy??

Jimbo Booger pants did not have his team ready to play a mediocre Colorado. If he pulls that stunt in two weeks against Wisconsin....chalk up a loss. Admit it doug. Jimbo has faced 4 Top 20 teams while at Michigan. He is 2-2. He has not beaten a Top 10 team, btw. (0-2)

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V mart #4 hitter. Last 20 games. 3 extra base hits. Gets thrown out at 1st from right field 2x a game. Assmoose refuses to put JD in the 4 slot. He is affair v mart will throw a fit. He is hitting .180 last month.
That is how assmouse costs us game. JD is hitting like a boss. It's crazy

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V mart #4 hitter. Last 20 games. 3 extra base hits. Gets thrown out at 1st from right field 2x a game. Assmoose refuses to put JD in the 4 slot. He is affair v mart will throw a fit. He is hitting .180 last month.
That is how assmouse costs us game. JD is hitting like a boss. It's crazy

I agree with you doug. The problem is...where do you put VMart in the batting order? Wherever you do, he is going to block up the basepaths, if he gets on. Do you put him in front of Upton who has some speed? Bottom of the order? My guess is put him down near McCann. But, you are right...moving VMart might upset him AND the clubhouse. Maybe that isn't something you want to do this late in the season?????

Several Tigers, besides VMart, are having bad second halves of the season (Kinsler, Iglesias) - that can't be blamed on Ausmus

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manager has to give his team a shot. To bad what v mart says or acts. He is hurting this team. Put him 6th or 7th. If he turns it around. Move him up. Dam. Assmouse scared the club house atmo might be hurt !! As if!!! It matters now. Have to try some thing time is running out

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt boyd....need a good effort from the kid. Tigers sweep. At least 2 of 3.