• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or when punters blow the game. Idiot!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you blame Ausmus for blowing Tiger games and he isn't on the field. So I guess you can blame Harbaugh for blowing the MSU game even though he wasn't on the field. (Poor coaching of punter?)

So you going with ex-Tiger Porcello for CY award? 20 wins! JV MIGHT get 16 or 17.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking kluber gives up the 3 run bomb on an 0-2 pitch....dont see that happen often...what a bummer...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Pat Light isn't doing any better than Fernando Aterrible. Maybe it wasn't such Abad trade for the Red Sox after all.

I'll show myself out.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber still Cy young???

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka ain't winning it on the Yankees, Sale probably scissored his way out of contention. Verlander has a chance depending on who wins the division. (This is all how voters think, not how I think).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander has a chance depending on who wins the division.

That's pretty much what I've been saying - that if Verlander and Kluber keep their 2nd half paces, they'll finish 1 & 2, the order depending on which team wins the division.

I also echo your thought that that is how I think the voters think, not what I think.

Of course, @Bloody Brian Burke has informed me that it's a brave new world, and CY Voters have abandoned pitcher W/L records, and are instead looking at xFIP. If they're not considering pitchers' wins and losses, they're certainly not considering a pitcher's team's place in the standings . . .

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get in, then lose the WC game, just so Doug's head will explode.

I absolutely LOVE the 2 Wild Card format, but losing that game sucks donkey balls. I had seats right behind home plate for the Tribe's game vs the Rays, and the atmosphere was awesome, but it was definitely a painful loss - part of the reason I'll never be a big Salazar fan.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the 2 Wild Card format is great. I feel, it should be a best of 3 series though. But, it is better than what it was.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely LOVE the 2 Wild Card format, but losing that game sucks donkey balls. I had seats right behind home plate for the Tribe's game vs the Rays, and the atmosphere was awesome, but it was definitely a painful loss - part of the reason I'll never be a big Salazar fan.
My fantasy league was created in college and has a lot of people from out of the state- in the 15 team league---

- there are a few Cleveland people in it- and its funny- usually in that situation you see the Cleveland fans taking the Cleveland players just a little bit earlier than other guys---- a lot of St. Louis people in the league as well- and they do the same- its just human nature.

One of the rare exceptions is Salazar....the Cleveland fans in the league never seem to take him. Its like we know how talented but temperamental the guy is. He is a hard guy to trust.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the 2 Wild Card format is great. I feel, it should be a best of 3 series though. But, it is better than what it was.

I understand your point, but on the other side, a 3-game series with travel days would add at least three extra days for the division winners to sit on the shelf while the wild cards are sorted out. Time off isn't good for teams, and so I don't think the division winners should have to wait that long.

I see that it sucks to have your season come down to one game, but frankly, I feel like if a team doesn't like it, they should win their division.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasy league was created in college and has a lot of people from out of the state- in the 15 team league---

- there are a few Cleveland people in it- and its funny- usually in that situation you see the Cleveland fans taking the Cleveland players just a little bit earlier than other guys---- a lot of St. Louis people in the league as well- and they do the same- its just human nature.

One of the rare exceptions is Salazar....the Cleveland fans in the league never seem to take him. Its like we know how talented but temperamental the guy is. He is a hard guy to trust.

I typically avoid Indians on my fantasy teams mostly because of what you're saying - people in my leagues overvalue them because they're fans, so in order to get one, I'd typically have to take him early, which I won't do. I'm in three leagues and I only have one Indian across them - oddly enough, it's Lindor.

In fact, I'm in the playoffs of all three leagues and in two of them I faced Kluber last night. Since the Tigers also lost, I wasn't too heartbroken to see Kluber take a loss.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you blame Ausmus for blowing Tiger games and he isn't on the field. So I guess you can blame Harbaugh for blowing the MSU game even though he wasn't on the field. (Poor coaching of punter?)

Harbaugh and/or his special teams coach were as much to blame as the punter, yes. UM stupidly had gunners on the outside blocking nobody (MSU had no one back to field the punt). That allowed MSU's corner guy free access to the punter, knocking it out of his hands when he picked it up.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh was as much to blame as the punter, yes. He stupidly had gunners on the outside blocking nobody (MSU had no one back to field the punt). That allowed MSU's corner guy free access to the punter, knocking it out of his hands when he picked it up.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again after this:

The only reason the Wolverines were winning in the first place is because of the amazing kicking that guy had done throughout the game. He just kept pinning MSU deep with every punt. If I remember correctly, MSU had twice as much total offensive yards - the difference was the kicking.

Ironic then, that he was the one to blow it, because if it hadn't been for him, he wouldn't have even had the opportunity to blow it.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point, but on the other side, a 3-game series with travel days would add at least three extra days for the division winners to sit on the shelf while the wild cards are sorted out. Time off isn't good for teams, and so I don't think the division winners should have to wait that long.

I see that it sucks to have your season come down to one game, but frankly, I feel like if a team doesn't like it, they should win their division.

Yeah, I know, there are some drawbacks to it. Plus, it makes the playoffs/WS go even later into October and November, which isn't good. But, baseball is a game of series, so it is odd, to just have a one game play in. I can live with the current set up, it is way better than just one WC team.