• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i played against kaman in high school... i know him pretty well. he was on a gus macker team with me when we were in high school.

hahahahahaha, sure you did. Just like you were a marine, huh?

FYI, Kaman never played in that tournament.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahahaha, sure you did. Just like you were a marine, huh?

FYI, Kaman never played in that tournament.

I am getting confused. UM degree, Marines, business tycoon. Now basket ball star. Should we expect a stint with Manchester United soon to be part of Vice's resume.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting confused. UM degree, Marines, business tycoon. Now basket ball star. Should we expect a stint with Manchester United soon to be part of Vice's resume.

Is there anything this internet Mr. Everything hasn't done?

Vice is so full of shit, he burps farts.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its amusing to me how many people dedicate their posts on baseball threads to me and my life.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex, Baseball for $1000.00...

"MLB's most embarrassing Division"....

What is the AL Central?

The beauty of playing in the AL Central this year is that regardless of who you play for you've got a chance to go to the play-offs. As weak as it is someone has to emerge as the Division winner and as per the comment below it's wide open. They say pitching wins in baseball so on that basis you'd have to go with the Indians. The White Sox could make it interesting but their starting pitching has them listing to the port side and that's never a good thing.

The worst division in baseball last year was the AL Central?

I fucking love Canadians.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres some talent there- there closer is Storen who failed in Washington...there setup guy is- a 21 year old kid- that is really talented- but still a 21 year old kid...Cecil is a good lefty- didnt he have the closer jobat some point but lost it but maybe won it back?

i mean- its decent- they certainly dont have a closer that i would fully trust in a playoff series thats for damn sure.

You're biting off more than you can chew here, Wiggy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading comprehension....i think they are a decent bullpen and they do have some talent- but i would certainly not call them a "good" bullpen. - not when you dont have a closer.-- that being said- their bullpen is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Tigers.

Closer, schmoser. Most overrated position in baseball. Does Bob Wickman or Joe Borowski ring any bells?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cody allen is that much better than drew storen?

Storen's compiled an ERA of 3.02 in the NL compared to Allen's 2.64 in the AL.

Either would do, but given the choice, I think intelligent people would pick Allen.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storen's compiled an ERA of 3.02 in the NL compared to Allen's 2.64 in the AL.

Either would do, but given the choice, I think intelligent people would pick Allen.
cody allen is a decent reliever... but wiggy saying he is a top 3 closer in the AL is laughable.. and acting like he is leaps and bounds better than drew storen is funny as well. they are actually quite comparable. cody allen isn't an elite closer any more than frankie rodriguez is. its some doug level homerism if i have ever seen it. like i said.. wiggy is the indians version of doug.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was that early on last year or later?

I know after April he only blew 2 saves and looked really good for his first full year as the closer.

Early. He gave up five runs in 1.2 IP in 2 appearances against the Tigers in April (4 in his first appearance 0.2 IP). After that he faced the Tigers five times - 6 IP, 0 ER.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cody allen is a decent reliever... but wiggy saying he is a top 3 closer in the AL is laughable.. and acting like he is leaps and bounds better than drew storen is funny as well. they are actually quite comparable. cody allen isn't an elite closer any more than frankie rodriguez is. its some doug level homerism if i have ever seen it. like i said.. wiggy is the indians version of doug.

Seriously, you're one of the heavier homers I've encountered on the internets. Do you understand that, or do you think you're objective?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? you think Allen is probably like the 3rd or 4th best closer in the AL?

Davis is def the best right now.- indeed if he is closing - is he?

Miller and Bettances kinda share in NY-- both are really really good.

Britton has been pretty darn good in Balt.

maybe you could make an argument for another guy or two--- but that seems pretty reasonable i think.

Meh. He's a much more serviceable closer than Bob Wickman. Let's just leave it at that and see what happens.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If boxberger was healthy i would put him above allen as well.

You're just getting stupid with it now. Measured by ERA+ Boxberger's best season is only slightly better than Allen's career mark.

Stop being a douche.