• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason you defend ian kennedy is the fact he signed with the royals. If he signed the same contract with any other al central team i doubt you would think so highly.
Yep, I was very homerish during the 2014 offseason when I was bitching about the Morales and Volquez signings. Homer central.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I was very homerish during the 2014 offseason when I was bitching about the Morales and Volquez signings. Homer central.
Lol... You pick your spots. Trust me... You have a bias and don't act like you don't. You are defending a pitcher that managed to serve up 31 hr last year playing the majority of his games in hr supressing parks such as petco, dodgers stadium, and at&t park.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a fun fact... Ian Kennedy gave up at least 1 hr in every park he started in except philly and atl.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... You pick your spots. Trust me... You have a bias and don't act like you don't. You are defending a pitcher that managed to serve up 31 hr last year playing the majority of his games in hr supressing parks such as petco, dodgers stadium, and at&t park.
Perhaps, but it was also a HR/FB% spike of around 17.5% when his career average is closer to 10%. If nothing else, Eiland has a good history with this profile of Flyable pitcher, and therefore, I am much more willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. The strikeout numbers are absolute there for a robust ERA.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but it was also a HR/FB% spike of around 17.5% when his career average is closer to 10%. If nothing else, Eiland has a good history with this profile of Flyable pitcher, and therefore, I am much more willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. The strikeout numbers are absolute there for a robust ERA.
Good luck with that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biases do not preclude me from being correct, however. Considering the occasions where your own homer arguments have been put on full blast, I am not sure what you can be complaining about with my biases. So what if I am biased?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ervin Santana regressed after he left the defense and the K
James Shields regressed after he left the defense and the K AND even switched over to the NL which era should go down.- it went up and his HR rate did as well

The K and the royals defense will improve Kennedy's numbers (like every new pitcher brought in over the last 3 years), keep Edison's about where they are, Ventura will improve just because experience, Duffy/Medlen will be just fine, Young will see an uptick if used too much.....Gee/Minor - one, maybe both, will end up having surprisingly good season as well, in the pen or rotation

After the last two seasons and seeing how this defense has improved all the pitchers coming and going, the only concern like EVERY season, who will blow an arm out. Ventura has the highest odds for me anyway.

Did see the Royals are trying to sign Holland up to a long term deal while he is injured, that would be another nice signing. Glass is definitely doing all the right moves to try and have a shot at keeping the team together beyond 2017

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been? Mom and dad ground you from the internet?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd ....I loved the Morales signing and hated the Edison and Rios signing. Still don't know how Edison got away with his walks, defense must have bailed him out. He will explode eventually but think it will be after his KC visit.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd ....I loved the Morales signing and hated the Edison and Rios signing. Still don't know how Edison got away with his walks, defense must have bailed him out. He will explode eventually but think it will be after his KC visit.
I just pinned it as another success story for Pitt's pitching coach, to be quite frank. Dude has some obvious flaws but his skillset works in concert with the team and park around him. Glad to be wrong about him.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been? Mom and dad ground you from the internet?

listening to you talk and talk and talk about the same stuff, just replacing Royals with Indians this year, was riveting.

The Royals now have the Indians to fight with this season

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pinned it as another success story for Pitt's pitching coach, to be quite frank. Dude has some obvious flaws but his skillset works in concert with the team and park around him. Glad to be wrong about him.

holy crap me too, I liked Santana, Shields and Vargas being brought in but Edison scared me.

I think after 3 yrs in the bigs, Wil Myers might finally have a good season this year, but still worth it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to you talk and talk and talk about the same stuff, just replacing Royals with Indians this year, was riveting.

The Royals now have the Indians to fight with this season
should be a good fight.

Starting pitching vs. Offense and bullpen....

both team have very good defenses.....

I would think the Royals and Indians will be the teams competing for the Central crown when all is said and done.

I think Carlos Carrasco is gonna have a big time year...and maybe even get a few Cy Young votes. He is poised to really break out I think. Kluber/Carrasco is def one of the better 1-2 punches out there- probably the best in the AL I would think.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be a good fight.

Starting pitching vs. Offense and bullpen....

both team have very good defenses.....

I would think the Royals and Indians will be the teams competing for the Central crown when all is said and done.

I think Carlos Carrasco is gonna have a big time year...and maybe even get a few Cy Young votes. He is poised to really break out I think. Kluber/Carrasco is def one of the better 1-2 punches out there- probably the best in the AL I would think.
The Indians have good defense? They have a 35 yr old former catcher with bum knees at first and an outfield with rajai davis in it... Just to let you in on a secret tigers fans know... Davis is not a good defender anymore.... He is 67 yrs old.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians outfield defense is a huge question... And their catcher and 1st base are far from amazing either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians outfield defense is a huge question... And their catcher and 1st base are far from amazing either.
???

right now the Indians most likely outfield- once BRAntley comes back- which will be May 1 at the latest (probably more like April 15th)- is- Brantley in left, Naquin in center, and Chiz in right- with Davis backing up at corners- along withp robably cowgill backing up-

now only is that a very good defensive outfield- it is a potentially gREAT defensive outfield--- i sawy ou bragging about your guys outfield defense ratings--- from what i have seen Naquin is 70/80 Defense/Arm- he will atch everything- itsal ready well documented on here how freaking amazing Chiz was in right- and Brantley- despite a very mediocre arm is a very solid left fielder

so please. sell crazy somewhere else. We are all stocked up here.