• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing this took this long...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-bitch-slap-o.gif

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it @Big_Blue_72 thinks people should be able to slide 4 ft from the bag and break a 2nd basemen's leg...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do not think it's alright to engage in a slide for the purpose of harming an opponents infielder at 2nd or even 3rd or home plate. However, I come from an era of baseball, watching the likes of Rose, Lou Brock, Bert Campaneris, Vince Coleman, Tim Raines and hundreds of more get away with such tactics forever and it was rarely called.

My shrug to this matter is MLB takes their collective heads out of their kaboosh because the injuries are much more frequent and more horrenduos over the last 2-3 years (not that there weren't serious injuries prior to the latter spoken years). See NFL taking their sweet dumb assed time to make rules changes regarding concussions. They were of a regular ocurrance even back in the 60's and 70's if not before.

No one should be amazed on how long it takes to make changes.

I agree with those changes to better enforce.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really. you do it because I keep whining about like a little girl. Only a child has to post negative ratings constantly and you've done exactly that since coming back late June/July of last year.

hahahaha, he's been getting straight up OWNED a long time. Coward

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 190 is a tall order. I would be a little surprised if he hit that many innings pitched.
YAH

8 guys in ALL OF MAJOR LEAgUE baseball- pitched 190 innings with a sub 3 ERA

Zack Greinke
Jake Arrieta
Clayton Kershaw
Jacob DeGrom
Gerrit Cole
John Lackey
Max Sherzer
Madison Bumgarner

(not one guy from the AL)

of course- wouldnt surprise me AT ALL if ANIBAL SANCHEZ is a top 10 pitcher in major league baseball next year, lol.

last year- Sanchez had a 4.99 ERA in 157 innings
the year before- Sanchez had a 3.43 ERA in 126 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 2.57 ERA in 182 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 3.86 ERA in 195 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 3.67 ERA in 196 innings

So--- to summarize- ONLY 8 pitchers in all of baseball had 190 innings pitched with a sub 3.0 era last year... Sanchez has NEVER Done this in his entire career- pitched 190 innings with a sub 3 ERA---- but you would NOT BE SURPRISED if he did it FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS CAREER- and had the stats that basically make him a TOP ten pitcher in baseball

geezus dude...layoff the meth.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAH

8 guys in ALL OF MAJOR LEAgUE baseball- pitched 190 innings with a sub 3 ERA

Zack Greinke
Jake Arrieta
Clayton Kershaw
Jacob DeGrom
Gerrit Cole
John Lackey
Max Sherzer
Madison Bumgarner

(not one guy from the AL)

of course- wouldnt surprise me AT ALL if ANIBAL SANCHEZ is a top 10 pitcher in major league baseball next year, lol.

last year- Sanchez had a 4.99 ERA in 157 innings
the year before- Sanchez had a 3.43 ERA in 126 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 2.57 ERA in 182 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 3.86 ERA in 195 innings
the year before that Sanchez had a 3.67 ERA in 196 innings

So--- to summarize- ONLY 8 pitchers in all of baseball had 190 innings pitched with a sub 3.0 era last year... Sanchez has NEVER Done this in his entire career- pitched 190 innings with a sub 3 ERA---- but you would NOT BE SURPRISED if he did it FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS CAREER- and had the stats that basically make him a TOP ten pitcher in baseball

geezus dude...layoff the meth.
Saying I wouldn't be surprised doesn't mean I expect it.. it means it wouldn't surprise me... There is a huge difference... 3 years ago Sanchez was in the conversation for the CY and was easily a top 10 pitcher... if he is healthy that most certainly isn't that huge of a leap... but once again... that takes him being healthy.. which I wouldn't bet a fucking nickel on.

My guess is Sanchez is somewhere around 130-150 innings with at least 1 DL stint and an ERA of around 3.80 - 4.20... But it wouldn't surprise me if he far surpassed that if healthy.. because when heathy the guy is a stud.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying I wouldn't be surprised doesn't mean I expect it.. it means it wouldn't surprise me... There is a huge difference... 3 years ago Sanchez was in the conversation for the CY and was easily a top 10 pitcher... if he is healthy that most certainly isn't that huge of a leap... but once again... that takes him being healthy.. which I wouldn't bet a fucking nickel on.

My guess is Sanchez is somewhere around 130-150 innings with at least 1 DL stint and an ERA of around 3.80 - 4.20... But it wouldn't surprise me if he far surpassed that if healthy.. because when heathy the guy is a stud.
i mean- I think the definition of surprising is- having a guy do something for the first time that he has never done before- when really- their was only 1 year where he was even close- that year where he was brilliant---

his K to innings ratio has never been as good as that brilliant year....would it surprise me if he had another brilliant year? YES- is it impossible? no....

but look at that list-

not one AL pitcher did that ALL OF LAST YEAR--- if i were to pick one AL pitcher to do it this year- Sanchez would be A LONG way down the list of candidates.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- I think the definition of surprising is- having a guy do something for the first time that he has never done before- when really- their was only 1 year where he was even close- that year where he was brilliant---

his K to innings ratio has never been as good as that brilliant year....would it surprise me if he had another brilliant year? YES- is it impossible? no....

but look at that list-

not one AL pitcher did that ALL OF LAST YEAR--- if i were to pick one AL pitcher to do it this year- Sanchez would be A LONG way down the list of candidates.
you do realize you are arguing about what surprises me and what doesn't right? does that seem a little retarded to you?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprising
[ser-prahy-zing, suh-]

causing surprise, wonder, or astonishment.

Just an FYI... the definition of surprising isn't- "having a guy do something for the first time that he has never done before"

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess those medical reports from late December in 2015 might have been incorrect
I doubt a medical report from Dec 2015 is going to pick up inflammation in his triceps from throwing this week... but hey.. maybe if you have a good eye you might have seen it.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt a medical report from Dec 2015 is going to pick up inflammation in his triceps from throwing this week... but hey.. maybe if you have a good eye you might have seen it.

yes, because of the following

Sanchez first experienced the soreness when he began throwing hard in the bullpen and hypothesized that it could be due to not throwing at maximum intensity during the off-season.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, because of the following

Sanchez first experienced the soreness when he began throwing hard in the bullpen and hypothesized that it could be due to not throwing at maximum intensity during the off-season.
Ya think?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a big ordeal at this juncture but it's not like anyone in their right mind couldn't expect something like this to come about again as it was just last spring training he had some elbow and shoulder fatigue early on first two weeks of ST

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize you are arguing about what surprises me and what doesn't right? does that seem a little retarded to you?

I do.

many others in here don't though

but that's what makes you special or different than all of us perceived pessimists.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks about his health....i like Sanchez--- he was really humble when that ump blew his perfecto...solid pitcher for sure.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks about his health....i like Sanchez--- he was really humble when that ump blew his perfecto...solid pitcher for sure.
you are joking right? Sanchez actually threw a no no... Gallaraga was the one that had his perfecto blown by an ump....