• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....Greene had health issues. Thus I would NOT be counting on him too much this season. The blood clots that formed in his arm are still there and will be for years. His doctors are not sure how they will effect him. Thus I label him a question mark. Boyd is a question mark....he stunk. Will he get better???? Who knows. I'd hate to think that these two are the backbone of Detroit's fallback plan for their rotation. I'd put my money on Fulmer - and he is no sure thing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Greene is going to be this year because of the health issues.. but I have no problem giving innings to Boyd and expecting him to have a much lower ERA this year... Pretty much every projection for him this year has him improving vastly... to around a 4.5 ERA.. which is leaps and bounds better than last year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

both are these are opinions. We all have them. You have yours and it appears you believe in these and yet you do honestly state that Sanchez' arm could fall off. I'm not a pessimistic person per say but I will have questions about players especially when it's health related and then to add to that there's 2,3 years of previous known injury or health concerns

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....Greene had health issues. Thus I would NOT be counting on him too much this season. The blood clots that formed in his arm are still there and will be for years. His doctors are not sure how they will effect him. Thus I label him a question mark. Boyd is a question mark....he stunk. Will he get better???? Who knows. I'd hate to think that these two are the backbone of Detroit's fallback plan for their rotation. I'd put my money on Fulmer - and he is no sure thing.
Nobody is counting on Greene for anything iffy... What part of that do you not understand. If he doesn't perform.. its not the biggest deal in the world.. He will matter nothing if he doesn't do shit.. and will only help if he does.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Greene is going to be this year because of the health issues.. but I have no problem giving innings to Boyd and expecting him to have a much lower ERA this year... Pretty much every projection for him this year has him improving vastly... to around a 4.5 ERA.. which is leaps and bounds better than last year.

BP projects 4.39.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me.. I am not betting a dime on Sanchez getting 30 starts.. I don't even want to bet on him getting 20.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both are these are opinions. We all have them. You have yours and it appears you believe in these and yet you do honestly state that Sanchez' arm could fall off. I'm not a pessimistic person per say but I will have questions about players especially when it's health related and then to add to that there's 2,3 years of previous known injury or health concerns
you obviously can't read.. because I have said numerous times in the last 5 minutes I expect nothing from Greene until I can see if he is healthy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BP projects 4.39.
Like I said... Boyd is projected to be a much better pitcher than last year. Its not hard to see why.. His minor league numbers were dominant. He walked very few and struck out a decent amount with a whip of under 1 in his 3 years in the minors.. His walk rate will come down in the MLB over time.. he never had an issue with walking batters before...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm kind of in same line as you regarding all three. I just don't think an injury like Greene's can be smoothed over without having extreme questions regarding his projections. Projections are guesses based solely on past performances and trying to equate those likely to future expectations. With a Major health issue and a Pitcher none the less where you have no idea about his health returning in a positive manner is enough for me to warrant hesistation.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of in same line as you regarding all three. I just don't think an injury like Greene's can be smoothed over without having extreme questions regarding his projections. Projections are guesses based solely on past performances and trying to equate those likely to future expectations. With a Major health issue and a Pitcher none the less where you have no idea about his health returning in a positive manner is enough for me to warrant hesistation.
You are talking about a guy that most likely is about the 28th guy on the roster.. he wasn't even remotely planned for a role this year. If he works his way back in.. great.. if he doesn't.. its not the end of the world. There are multiple guys that can step up into the role he is competing for.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Text Of Rule On Takeout Slides
RULE 6.01(j) -- SLIDING TO BASES ON DOUBLE PLAY ATTEMPTS

If a runner does not engage in a bona fide slide, and initiates (or attempts to make) contact with the fielder for the purpose of breaking up a double play, he should be called for interference under this Rule 6.01. A "bona fide slide'' for purposes of Rule 6.01 occurs when the runner:

(1) begins his slide (i.e., makes contact with the ground) before reaching the base;

(2) is able and attempts to reach the base with his hand or foot;

(3) is able and attempts to remain on the base (except home plate) after completion of the slide; and

(4) slides within reach of the base without changing his pathway for the purpose of initiating contact with a fielder.

-- The Associated Press