• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about Detroit's rotation is what slinky touched on near the end of his 'manifesto'. The reliance on Boyd and Greene as fall-backs for the rotation. Neither showed anything in 2015 and Greene's arm is still a ?. Fulmer is supposed to be counted on....but hopefully he can get a couple of months in AAA before Sanchez's arm blows up or Verlander hits the ''as old as fuck'' path.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are pathetic.

see exactly what I was referring to. The continuation of slapping a negative rating. Talk baseball ONLY AND drop the clicking of the negative ratings, regardless.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What worries me about Detroit's rotation is what slinky touched on near the end of his 'manifesto'. The reliance on Boyd and Greene as fall-backs for the rotation. Neither showed anything in 2015 and Greene's arm is still a ?. Fulmer is supposed to be counted on....but hopefully he can get a couple of months in AAA before Sanchez's arm blows up or Verlander hits the ''as old as fuck'' path.
Greene was injured... Boyd has VERY good minor league numbers that suggest he is a much better pitcher than he was in his first season in the MLB...

There is little doubt both Greene and Boyd could easily out perform their numbers from last year. Greene's fingers were almost falling off last year for Christ's sake.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see exactly what I was referring to. The continuation of slapping a negative rating. Talk baseball ONLY AND drop the clicking of the negative ratings, regardless.
I only do it because you keep whining about it like a little girl... Act like a man and you will get respected like one.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene was injured... Boyd has VERY good minor league numbers that suggest he is a much better pitcher than he was in his first season in the MLB...

There is little doubt both Greene and Boyd could easily out perform their numbers from last year. Greene's fingers were almost falling off last year for Christ's sake.

Excuses you would expect from a 100% homer. Did you go by the name dickmc on CBS?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree here and moreso towards Boyd proving he belongs as a spot SP and Greene's recovery. Greene had approx 71 IP at MLB level prior to DD trading for him. I'm suspect of him still no matter what medical reposrts state. He has to prove it on the field and not just for one single season but I'd like to see that single full season at least once

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not ready to get excited about the Tigers prospects this season until they can prove their health isn't an issue. If their health isn't a problem there is little question they have a team capable of winning the division.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanchez throw 190 innings of sub 3 ERA ball.. nor would I be surprised if his arm falls off and he is on the DL all year after giving up 10 HR in one game. The tigers are not a team easily projected.. because its not a talent issue... its health issue and until we see them play for a bit... getting read on where they are is impossible.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only do it because you keep whining about it like a little girl... Act like a man and you will get respected like one.

really. you do it because I keep whining about like a little girl. Only a child has to post negative ratings constantly and you've done exactly that since coming back late June/July of last year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses you would expect from a 100% homer. Did you go by the name dickmc on CBS?
LOL.. excuses.. Ok iffy. Reality must bother you more than I thought. You don't come here to discuss shit... you come here to stir the pot... you should change your avi back to that old one with the guy with the big caldron and stir.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really. you do it because I keep whining about like a little girl. Only a child has to post negative ratings constantly and you've done exactly that since coming back late June/July of last year.
cry a bit more about it.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. excuses.. Ok iffy. Reality must bother you more than I thought. You don't come here to discuss shit... you come here to stir the pot... you should change your avi back to that old one with the guy with the big caldron and stir.

?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious @SlinkyRedfoot

What do you think the Tigers bullpen ERA will be and the team ERA?

Shit. No idea. It took me about an hour to speculate on the rotation and I can't spend that time on the bullpen this afternoon.

If the team era is around 4.12 than that means they give up 667 runs over the season, am I correct?...

Yes, roughly. I used 2015 AL team average IP of 1,446 and came up with 662, but we're in the ballpark.

and last years offense scored 689.... This years offense is clearly better if everyone stays relatively healthy.. so a team era of 4.12 would mean a large improvement in wins and losses.

Even without offensive improvement, a team that reduces its overall ERA by almost seven tenths of a run can reasonably expect to have a better record.

You are forgetting the unearned runs, though. It's not very scientific, but I calculated MLB's Unearned Runs as a percent of ER over the last five seasons and came up with 8.8%. So, it's reasonable to expect that 662 ER turns into 720 total RA.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but doubt still exists from some
and Greene having arterial damage isn't a concern. I get Boyd had his first year of MLB experience so the chance is that he can improve but he has to have leaps and bounds improvement over last year. Hopefully he can get another year at Toldeo and get some confidence back. That could go a long way from just amental aspect. Pitchers are mentally and emotionally deep seeded and that has an affect when on the mound not to mention their mechanics

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh geez....really Vice?.....posting home team propaganda posts? When do we start seeing you post messages from the Tigers' mascot, PAWS?
Iffy... I have no idea if Greene is healthy.. or will be moving forward.. but the point of the article is there was a reason he was so good in 2014.. and sucked cock last year... he had health issues.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roughly 30% increase from 2013 to 2014 and then 20%+ increase from 2014 to 2015. which is just about right or in alignment but now we're talking MLB, not minors, where hitter's have a much better eye and then you're thinking another 22%+ increase is mostly easily done. I'm not saying he most defintiely can't/won't get there but I'm hesitant in believing as much, at this time is al

Fair enough. Give those innings to Boyd/Greene. . .

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're tough guy, gonna kick my ass, doesn't affect me. Drop it. You're wasting time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am not ready to get excited about the Tigers prospects this season until they can prove their health isn't an issue. If their health isn't a problem there is little question they have a team capable of winning the division.

1000% agree with this