• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go......I have to take care of my business.
by business do you mean your daily sponge bath from the male nurse at the old folks home you live in?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
judging by the fact you literally poo poo everything the Tigers do.. I am sure you will find something to complain about Upton for in May.

If there anything in particular you enjoy about the Tigers?
McCann could kick more ass, but I like him just fine. JD Martinez has impressed me since Houston was done with him. I'm cool with Romine off the bench, especially as a pinch runner. (Aggressive like Miggy at times, I like it.) Alex Wilson carries himself like a boss.

Pretending players are better than they are isn't fun for me. Prolly why I'll never sell used cars.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball Prospectus is projecting the Indians to score nearly 40 more runs than last year... lol... yet get this.. they didn't have any major additions.

A full year of Lindor is the only thing they have going for them.. and that is getting offset by an injured Brantley.

The fact they are projecting the Indians to score 714 runs is hilarious. they are basically projecting them to become a top 10 run scoring team from the #18 run scoring team with a lineup that is clearly shit.. yup.. makes a ton of sense.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the Colombian you called a Mexican anyways?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously... why are you defending that projection? Do you actually believe the Indians are going to lead the AL Central in runs scored? I would love to place a bet on that. I will 100% GUARANTEE they don't score 700 runs. I will 100% GUARANTEE they don't lead the AL Central in runs scored. The Indians are going to win the division with pitching... Their offense is hot garbage. More than half of your lineup is going to be lucky to hit. 250 with 5 HR.

You have no idea what our conversation has been about.

You lost your shit about BP projecting a team with lower rate stats to score more runs than a team with higher rate stats. I gave you an explanation of how that could happen. You thought it was a stupid explanation. I showed you where it happened last year.

I'm not defending their projection. I find it hard to believe that the Indians will lead the division in RS. I've explained to you how a team with inferior rate states could outscore another team.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what our conversation has been about.

You lost your shit about BP projecting a team with lower rate stats to score more runs than a team with higher rate stats. I gave you an explanation of how that could happen. You thought it was a stupid explanation. I showed you where it happened last year.

I'm not defending their projection. I find it hard to believe that the Indians will lead the division in RS. I've explained to you how a team with inferior rate states could outscore another team.
Exactly.. Because projecting the Indians to score 714 runs makes no sense. I have no issue with their other projected numbers... but the runs scored by the Indians makes no sense what so ever.. by reality.. or by their own offensive projected stats.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball Prospectus is projecting the Indians to score nearly 40 more runs than last year... lol... yet get this.. they didn't have any major additions.

A full year of Lindor is the only thing they have going for them.. .

That's not the only thing. A healthy and productive Gomes could make a big difference over last year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the actual standing they project happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the White Sox, Indians, or Tigers won the division. I would however be surprised if the Indians come anywhere close to 714 runs scored or leading the division in runs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the only thing. A healthy and productive Gomes could make a big difference over last year.
Seriously? Yan Gomes? Really? Yan Gomes for one has never appeared in more than 135 games. Second.. he is an average hitter with crap OBP and a ton of strike outs with very few walks. He isn't a power threat... so what exactly is he going to do to help jump their runs scored by 40?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yan Gomes is a bum dude.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone our lineup is fucking garbage.. but don't worry.. we got Yan Gomes! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis
Lindor
Kipnis
Santana
Gomes
Napoli
Chisenhall
Urshela
Almonte

LOL yeah.. I see 714 runs coming from that shit pile.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Yan Gomes? Really? Yan Gomes for one has never appeared in more than 135 games. Second.. he is an average hitter with crap OBP and a ton of strike outs with very few walks. He isn't a power threat... so what exactly is he going to do to help jump their runs scored by 40?

Well, he's a catcher, so 135 games is pretty good.

Prior to his injury last year, he carried a slash line of .275/.318/.463/.781, hardly an "average hitter" and certainly not for a catcher. In 840 PAs with the Indians before getting injured, his slash was .284/.325/.476/.801 - that's really nice production from C.

So there is reason to think he could offer improvement to the RS with a healthy and productive season.