• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope so, because the Indians pitching and defense is vastly better. Mike Pelfrey. Lofl.
Can you name who is going to play CF for the Indians while Brantley is out? 3rd Base? Seriously... The Indians lineup has more holes than swiss cheese. The Tigers pitching at least has a chance to be average... The Indians are going to have 5 below average hitters in their lineup every day.. and 6 if Brantley isn't healthy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was #1 in BA and was top five in most offensive categories even with injuries... Cleveland might be lucky not to be bottom five in every offensive category.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here want to put a friendly wager on which team has the higher BA/OBP/OPS by season end. Indians or Tigers. I got a nice $500 on the Tigers if anyone wants to take the Indians.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope so, because the Indians pitching and defense is vastly better. Mike Pelfrey. Lofl.

I will give you better pitching all day. As Vice alluded to, the Tigers can get by this year with good starting pitching and an average bullpen, because they will score runs. The problem last year was that both starting and relief pitching was near the bottom of the league. Pelfrey notwithstanding, the Tigers have made several improvements on the pitching staff. The Wild Cards in the equation will be Anibal Sanchez's health and how much Daniel Norris can contribute.

The Tigers defense was actually among the best in the league last year, so I very much disagree with the Indians being "vastly better" there. Detroit is strong up the middle (McCann, Kinsler, Iglesias and the combo of Gose/Maybin). J.D. Martinez was a Gold Glove finalist in RF. Miggy may not have range, but has soft hands at 1B. Their only real below-average defender is at 3B.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you better pitching all day. As Vice alluded to, the Tigers can get by this year with good starting pitching and an average bullpen, because they will score runs. The problem last year was that both starting and relief pitching was near the bottom of the league. Pelfrey notwithstanding, the Tigers have made several improvements on the pitching staff. The Wild Cards in the equation will be Anibal Sanchez's health and how much Daniel Norris can contribute.

The Tigers defense was actually among the best in the league last year, so I very much disagree with the Indians being "vastly better" there. Detroit is strong up the middle (McCann, Kinsler, Iglesias and the combo of Gose/Maybin). J.D. Martinez was a Gold Glove finalist in RF. Miggy may not have range, but has soft hands at 1B. Their only real below-average defender is at 3B.
Honestly... The closer spring training gets.. the more I think Fulmer is going to push Pelfrey to the bullpen by the end of the year. If the kid is as advertised.. they won't wait long to bring him up in some capacity. I can't remember the last time the Tigers had 2 highly regarded starting pitchers that were the age of 23 or younger at the same time.

The depth alone in the Tigers system is a huge difference from last year. They have 4 or 5 guys this year that can contribute meaningful innings if needed from the farm system or from last years deadline trades. Joe Jiminez/ Montreal Robertson, Paul Voelker are all well regarded relief pitching prospects that could be used this year. Plus I think Buck Farmer and Kyle Ryan are better suited to a role in the pen... and the Tigers can move them there without hurting depth at AAA this year if they so chose.

The Tigers farm system may not be ranked as high as the other teams in the AL Central.. but the one thing it has going for it is that they have a lot of their top pitching talent in the upper minors and pretty much ready to go if needed. The Royals don't have anywhere near the pitching depth that the Tigers do in the upper minors.. nor do the White Sox. The Twins have some nice young guys that will probably be ready.. but their rotation is such ass that they basically will get called up and be the best pitcher on the team from day one. Who is the ace in Minnesota by the way?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some fun predictions to get some posts going here :

• Sal Perez will have a long stretch on the DL this season
  • Wade Davis will also have injury problems
  • Miggy will be MVP of the AL again after another season of .330 BA 100+ RBI and 30+ HR
  • Verlander will have an ERA under 3.25 and an ERA+ of 140 or better
  • The Indians lineup will score the least runs in the AL Central
  • The Twins will win less than 75 games
  • The White Sox will be the second best team in the division
  • The Royals will struggle with injuries from the toll 2 long playoff runs has... and miss the playoffs
  • Indians starters will have a combined ERA under 3.5
  • The winner of the AL Central will win less than 89 games
  • No Indian or Twin will hit over .300 with a qualified amount of plate appearances
  • Jose Abreu will hit 40+ HR
  • The White Sox will make a big trade for another bat or sign Ian Desmond.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact.. The two brothers that just defected from Cuba (The Gurriel brothers) and are considered to be elite level players are Jose Iglesias's cousins...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact.. The two brothers that just defected from Cuba (The Gurriel brothers) and are considered to be elite level players are Jose Iglesias's cousins...

Everyone on that Mexican island is related to everyone else.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brantley plays left field, dip shit.
I know that dipshit.. but the person that was going to play CF might shift over to LF (Davis). The entire Indian's outfield is comparable to a cat turd that has been stepped on without Brantley.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... The closer spring training gets.. the more I think Fulmer is going to push Pelfrey to the bullpen by the end of the year. If the kid is as advertised.. they won't wait long to bring him up in some capacity. I can't remember the last time the Tigers had 2 highly regarded starting pitchers that were the age of 23 or younger at the same time.

Morris and Petry? LOL.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlinkyRedfoot ... its fucking sad that a Tiger's fan knows more about the projected lineup of your Indians than you do..

The Indians signed Davis to a one-year, $5.25 million deal this winter. He can play all three outfield spots but likely is primarily set for center field, especially once Michael Brantley returns.

Davis was signed to play CF.. but with Brantley out.. he is going to shift to LF and they will have some fucking turd like Almonte play CF.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis isn't the centerfielder either, half-wit.

What else don't you know?
who is then? almonte? lol... You think Rajai Davis isn't going to get the majority of the starts over him? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA