• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI (haha) Castellanos - WAR -0.1

Seriously, outside of Sandoval, no regular 3B was as bad as Castellanos. Now I am sure you will come back and defend him by saying some team's part-time 3B wasn't as good or that some team didn't have a good 3B all season. But out of 21 guys who played that position full-time....Castellanos was about the bottom of the barrel. (Now let's hear the standard - "he is only 23" defense. Because it is perfectly OK to be a pile of shit when you are 23!)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soria - very hittable and injury prone

Verlander - can never be hit ever and will pitch 275 innings this year.
i don't think you really want to compare soria to verlander in the injury department...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI (haha) Castellanos - WAR -0.1

Seriously, outside of Sandoval, no regular 3B was as bad as Castellanos. Now I am sure you will come back and defend him by saying some team's part-time 3B wasn't as good or that some team didn't have a good 3B all season. But out of 21 guys who played that position full-time....Castellanos was about the bottom of the barrel. (Now let's hear the standard - "he is only 23" defense. Because it is perfectly OK to be a pile of shit when you are 23!)
moustakas was a huge pile of shit until last year... so yeah.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this... If the Tigers won the WS this year.. da55bums would still be around here.. mouthing off and making shit up. Iffy would disappear. He would be gone.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um.. iglesias was a top 50 prospect...

i guess you didn't see the #52 by baseball america..

No, I saw that, but 52 isn't Top 50, half wit. Also, I would say the fact that he was the Red Sox "top prospect" was the main reason he got that high anyway.

Regardless, when I talked about Lindor being highly touted, I meant as a top prospect period. Iglesias was never that.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no depth. When someone gets injured.. they have NOTHING to dip into. Their pen is relying on Soria.. who is very hittable.. and very injury prone.. to hold up major innings.. and Wade Davis is going on year 3 of being a reliever.. show me the list of relievers to put up the stats he has the last 2 years for 3 years.

You don't even need to go far back to find a guy who had 3 straight dominant reliever seasons....do you remember what Kimbrel did from 2012-2014? Let's not act like what Davis could do is unprecedented.

And mentioning that Soria was very hittable....what were Holland and Morales last year, unhittable?

And most bullpens don't have much depth, so what are you looking for, 8 quality guys? Shoot, the Yankees and their top tier bullpen only have 4 relievers that are any good, but nobody's denying that it's a top tier pen. You're bringing in a bunch of 'what ifs' to try to justify why they'll stink. Going into 2016, the Royals have at least 3 high quality relievers (could be 4 with Hochevar).

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I saw that, but 52 isn't Top 50, half wit. Also, I would say the fact that he was the Red Sox "top prospect" was the main reason he got that high anyway.

Regardless, when I talked about Lindor being highly touted, I meant as a top prospect period. Iglesias was never that.
What list was Lindor the number 1 prospect in baseball on? Is that what you are claiming?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even need to go far back to find a guy who had 3 straight dominant reliever seasons....do you remember what Kimbrel did from 2012-2014? Let's not act like what Davis could do is unprecedented.

And mentioning that Soria was very hittable....what were Holland and Morales last year, unhittable?

And most bullpens don't have much depth, so what are you looking for, 8 quality guys? Shoot, the Yankees and their top tier bullpen only have 4 relievers that are any good, but nobody's denying that it's a top tier pen. You're bringing in a bunch of 'what ifs' to try to justify why they'll stink.
i was talking starting rotation depth. they have nothing in the minors... nothing at all.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I particularly liked that bit.
yeah.. because getting hit in the hand with a fastball resulting in broken bones could be gutted out.. and in someway is a representative of a player being injury prone.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most bullpens don't have much depth, so what are you looking for, 8 quality guys?

From a general perspective, what Vice is really looking for is validation.

In this thread, he's looking for someone to tell him it's okay that his Tigers were maybe the worst team in the AL last year while his boy, Bums' team won the world series.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindor was a .278 hitter in the minors with no power what so ever... I wouldn't get to excited about the numbers he put up in 99 games last year in the mlb... There is a very good chance that he is going to drop when pitchers scout him and figure out what he can and can't handle.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a general perspective, what Vice is really looking for is validation.

In this thread, he's looking for someone to tell him it's okay that his Tigers were maybe the worst team in the AL last year while his boy, Bums' team won the world series.
The Royals aren't bum's team... Bums is a faggot that actually jumped on the bandwagon a few years back. If you look at his log in name.. its da 55 bums.. anyone that knows baseball knows that means he is a dodgers fan. the 55 dodgers nickname was da bums.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What list was Lindor the number 1 prospect in baseball on? Is that what you are claiming?

No, that's not what I'm claiming. I'm really surprised that you don't understand what you're reading. Just kidding.

Lindor was a top prospect in baseball. They all had him top 10, some as high as the #4 in baseball.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was talking starting rotation depth. they have nothing in the minors... nothing at all.

Again, you're relying heavily on what if's and hypotheticals.

Sorry, but injury hypotheticals and losing 1 top reliever that wasn't replaced aren't enough to guarantee that a pitching staff will go from being top tier to sucking.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what I'm claiming. I'm really surprised that you don't understand what you're reading. Just kidding.

Lindor was a top prospect in baseball. They all had him top 10, some as high as the #4 in baseball.
who cares... so was delmon young... so was jd drew...

Nick Castellanos was a top prospect too...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindor was a .278 hitter in the minors with no power what so ever... I wouldn't get to excited about the numbers he put up in 99 games last year in the mlb... There is a very good chance that he is going to drop when pitchers scout him and figure out what he can and can't handle.

You're right. I wish the Indians had an injury prone shortstop who's not as good offensively or defensively as Lindor that I could get as excited about as you do with Iglesias.