• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #8 Wisconsin(+16.5) vs #1 Ohio State 7 Central FOX

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My impression of the game

15326535_920387501394031_2160320648810675894_n.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't answer who A&M beat this year...are you saying you couldn't find it but could find Indiana's?

I'll do it for you
Texas State 3-9
Lamar 4-8
Arkansas 2-10
Old Miss 4-8
Miss State 6-6
Texas San Antonio 4-8
South Carolina 4-8

Holy shit, that's 27 - 57 ...are any of those teams FCS??? Are any of Indiana's? Are we splitting some hairs here to make you feel good about A&M? Really, do you really want to defend these fuckers with the 2nd largest athletic department budget in the entire NCAA? You're kidding, right?

You realize that that works out to a one win advantage per opponent for A&M right? 4-8 versus 3-9 on average...You realize that that is fairly significant right? Or do you not numbers much? I'll wait for you to find me an 8 win team who's wins total 25 wins or less.

You can only play your schedule, A&M didn't lose to any team outside the top 12...and certainly didn't suffer any embarrassing loses to any unranked teams. How about Indiana? Wisconsin? What is Wisconsin's record against top 12 teams?

Your FCS rant kind of loses some steam when your conference has Rutgers. Congrats on having the only P5 team whose Sagarin ranking is higher than the number FBS teams.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that that works out to a one win advantage per opponent for A&M right? 4-8 versus 3-9 on average...You realize that that is fairly significant right? Or do you not numbers much? I'll wait for you to find me an 8 win team who's wins total 25 wins or less.

You can only play your schedule, A&M didn't lose to any team outside the top 12...and certainly didn't suffer any embarrassing loses to any unranked teams. How about Indiana? Wisconsin? What is Wisconsin's record against top 12 teams?

Your FCS rant kind of loses some steam when your conference has Rutgers. Congrats on having the only P5 team whose Sagarin ranking is higher than the number FBS teams.

I'm no longer drinking and refuse to discuss which chick on fugly row is less fugly.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a GREAT program. One that Iowa State is trying to emulate. FWIW, I remember the pre-Alvarez days, when Wisconsin was in the frozen college football wilderness. As a matter of fact, I specifically remember Iowa State (when they were really bad) playing @ Wisconsin and being "Upset" by the Badgers 7-6. So, hold your head high, because Wisconsin Badgers Football is top notch IMO. Finishing 10-3 with an honorable showing in the B1G Championship Game and heading to the Cotton or Rose Bowl is a great year for almost any team out there!

hey, great post. The UW program has come a long way and that’s why I try to hold them to a higher standard. I do realize they are not like the football factory colleges who recruit nothing but blue chip players but UW shows flashes of taking that next step and then they lose to Illinois. It would be easier if they were just mediocre. 10-3 is very respectable and that’s great. Just once in my lifetime I would like to see them win a NC.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, great post. The UW program has come a long way and that’s why I try to hold them to a higher standard. I do realize they are not like the football factory colleges who recruit nothing but blue chip players but UW shows flashes of taking that next step and then they lose to Illinois. It would be easier if they were just mediocre. 10-3 is very respectable and that’s great. Just once in my lifetime I would like to see them win a NC.
Enjoy the process

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What adjustment is Chryst supposed to make for his lines getting dominated? Our OL gets worn down as they just rotate in top pass-rushing players while we have maybe seven total guys who can play. And on the other end, we lost our second best pass-rusher right at the end of the first half and still didn't do too terribly.

This defense starts seven underclassmen, and with Orr out, that went to eight. They don't have the depth to compete with Ohio State for 60 minutes. If anything, you should be happy that we are blessed to have a coach who can gameplan the way to a lead at halftime over one of the best teams in history.

The defense is building talent and depth after having pretty empty (defensive) recruiting classes from 2015 through 2017. Their talent will be a lot better two years from now. Our OL recruiting has been awesome the last three cycles. We will never be as talented as Ohio State, but we will be a lot deeper than we are today with the same excellent coaching staff that consistently turns recruiting classes ranked 30-45 into a top 15 team. If that's not good enough for you, find another team to root for.

misdirection, screens, play action, quick throws something to slow the rush. I get it. OSU’s depth and level of talent>UW but for the first half UW had and played a great game plan. OSU adjusted in the second half and they came out like they were in the lead. UW didn’t come out with the same mentality or adjust to OSU.

Personally, I think Chryst is a good coach. Maybe one day, Chryst and UW can put together a 60 minutes of solid football against a top opponent.

Not sure how you grew up but every team didn’t get an award/trophy when I played sports. I understand the strides teams make or don’t make and I always have been taught you play to win the championship so if you’re not trying to strive for that then why play?

I was born and raised in Wisconsin so to me, I will always be a UW fan. Never was a proponent of fair weather or band wagon fans.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no longer drinking and refuse to discuss which chick on fugly row is less fugly.

Lol, fair enough. I believe I still had my beer goggles on this morning.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread was fun :heh:

Wisconsin had a damn good game plan and Ohio State came out like the expected the Badgers to just roll over.

I know Okudah is really good but I think Arnette is our best corner. If the dude hadn't had to wear a damn cast on his hand all year we would be hearing about him a lot more.

Ohio State didnt wake up until the second half and still came within two yards of covering a 16.5 spread against a top 10 team (this is my glass half full look)

Justin Fields needs to work on that little out throw to the back or TE. It was there for good yardage or a TD multiple times and he just overthrew every time.

The whole entire receiving core including the TE deserved MVP. They had some really nice grabs and were pretty much the only unit that showed up all game
I think it was pretty obvious that Fields was severely limited. He only kept the ball on the zone read one time and the mobility we have seen all year just wasn't there. Hopefully they will do some magic thing with his knee over the next 3 weeks or it could be ugly against Clemson.