• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #8 Wisconsin(+16.5) vs #1 Ohio State 7 Central FOX

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood how a team scores several times in one half and nothing the next. Coach and team has to show up for 60 minutes against top ranked opponents. Oh well, it will just be the same shit next year and the year after that and the year after....
I'm sure it is related to the corollary - how can a defense look so bad in one half and then dominate in the next?

Or, how does a team that can't do anything for a half coming out and scoring 27 points in the 2nd.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl carried the ball 2300 times in 8 seasons...by comparison, Ron Dayne, Michael Bennett, James White and Melvin Gordon together have 2982 in 28 combined seasons.
"I don't know if Earl Campbell is in a class by himself, but it sure doesn't take long to call the roll." - Bum Phillips

One of the best sports quotes ever.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scarlet & gray flipped the script in the 2nd half, but being buggered by Wiscy for the first 30 minutes isn't a #1 look. Unless the committee are under the spell of number crunching nerds who've never witnessed CFB games, LSU should get the top spot and play #4 in the first CFP pairings.

Arguably, tOSU vs Clemson is the more exciting initial pairing. To deny CFB fans this will weaken support for the committee.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread was fun :heh:

Wisconsin had a damn good game plan and Ohio State came out like the expected the Badgers to just roll over.

I know Okudah is really good but I think Arnette is our best corner. If the dude hadn't had to wear a damn cast on his hand all year we would be hearing about him a lot more.

Ohio State didnt wake up until the second half and still came within two yards of covering a 16.5 spread against a top 10 team (this is my glass half full look)

Justin Fields needs to work on that little out throw to the back or TE. It was there for good yardage or a TD multiple times and he just overthrew every time.

The whole entire receiving core including the TE deserved MVP. They had some really nice grabs and were pretty much the only unit that showed up all game

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip and Johanna just put a hit out on you.

Also congrats to @ralphiewvu for the tuition money. You throw less like a girl than the other dude.

Always a shame both couldn’t get something. But still, Tell your cousin he’s a no talent pussy. Hopefully not like the rest of your family.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debbie Downer's little brother?

yea, just tired of the same results. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Gave us hope in the first half and then the time waited on the bus in the second. Didn’t help losing Burks and Orr though.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guys played a great first half, seemed to have the right schemes. OSU just has more depth and was able to make some adjustments at the half

for sure. It would be nice if UW could recruit like OSU but......

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to tell you to fuck off. That kid you've been dogging all year played his guts out all season and all you did was talk shit about him. You can take a flying fuck in a rolling donut for all I care. They're kids and all you can ask from them is 100% effort. He gave it all he had and in no way shape or form can you blame this loss on Coan, so do yourself a favor and learn what college football is all about, until then fuck off.

lmao. Ok tough guy. Anyways, I have nothing against Coan as a person and you’re right he played a hell of a first half. Emotions aside Francis, he just doesn’t have the talent to get to the next level. Nothing more, nothing less. I blame Chryst for not adjusting in the second half. OSU adjusted UW didn’t. Have a nice day Mary.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is related to the corollary - how can a defense look so bad in one half and then dominate in the next?

Or, how does a team that can't do anything for a half coming out and scoring 27 points in the 2nd.

I guess you have to put it on the coaches. One adjusts correctly and the other doesn’t.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, just tired of the same results. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Gave us hope in the first half and then the time waited on the bus in the second. Didn’t help losing Burks and Orr though.
Wisconsin has a GREAT program. One that Iowa State is trying to emulate. FWIW, I remember the pre-Alvarez days, when Wisconsin was in the frozen college football wilderness. As a matter of fact, I specifically remember Iowa State (when they were really bad) playing @ Wisconsin and being "Upset" by the Badgers 7-6. So, hold your head high, because Wisconsin Badgers Football is top notch IMO. Finishing 10-3 with an honorable showing in the B1G Championship Game and heading to the Cotton or Rose Bowl is a great year for almost any team out there!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to put it on the coaches. One adjusts correctly and the other doesn’t.

What adjustment is Chryst supposed to make for his lines getting dominated? Our OL gets worn down as they just rotate in top pass-rushing players while we have maybe seven total guys who can play. And on the other end, we lost our second best pass-rusher right at the end of the first half and still didn't do too terribly.

This defense starts seven underclassmen, and with Orr out, that went to eight. They don't have the depth to compete with Ohio State for 60 minutes. If anything, you should be happy that we are blessed to have a coach who can gameplan the way to a lead at halftime over one of the best teams in history.

The defense is building talent and depth after having pretty empty (defensive) recruiting classes from 2015 through 2017. Their talent will be a lot better two years from now. Our OL recruiting has been awesome the last three cycles. We will never be as talented as Ohio State, but we will be a lot deeper than we are today with the same excellent coaching staff that consistently turns recruiting classes ranked 30-45 into a top 15 team. If that's not good enough for you, find another team to root for.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the light of morning:

Chryst had Wisconsin playing at peak emotion at the start of the game. Ohio State was flat, emotionally. With about 5 minutes left in the 1st half(before they scored), something charged up OSU and they emotionally kicked into high gear. Wisconsin had no more to give.

Defense is all about emotion. Their defense is better than our offense at drawing on that emotion to perform.

Also, our receivers acted like they had never seen a zone defense before. I don't remember seeing one time where they "sat down" on a route.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in Columbus it's definitely all OSU but any kind of bordering city there is mixed fandom especially with college hoops. But a lot of Kentucky and UC only fans here and in the northwest a lot of Michigan fans as an example.

Good you are getting back into it I think 8 teams would draw even more casual fans in like the tournament does but many die hards disagree.

I lived in Dayton for 3 years. Coming from the San Francisco area, I just never knew that a college sports team could have so much support. We like college football here in the Bay Area, but it's nowhere near the fervor for Ohio State. I laugh at how the Cal-Stanford game is called the Big Game. It's not big at all, and even the people here don't care that much about it.

I like the idea of 8. I think each P5 conference should get a representative in the CFP. That would captivate the whole country and elevate college football to new heights, IMO.

I do understand the objection that a 3 loss or worse team could make it. Perhaps the CFP could also require that a conference champion have no more than 2 losses in order to get the automatic berth. If not, that auto berth would become an at large spot.

I do worry that out of conference scheduling would get even worse if such a system were put in place, as teams would just focus on winning their conference and taking zero risk in OOC scheduling. Maybe we modify the 2 loss criterion to only count conference losses so that we don't discourage such regular season matchups like Oregon-Auburn and Oregon-Ohio State. Make it so that such games can only help your resume for an at large berth.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a GREAT program. One that Iowa State is trying to emulate. FWIW, I remember the pre-Alvarez days, when Wisconsin was in the frozen college football wilderness. As a matter of fact, I specifically remember Iowa State (when they were really bad) playing @ Wisconsin and being "Upset" by the Badgers 7-6. So, hold your head high, because Wisconsin Badgers Football is top notch IMO. Finishing 10-3 with an honorable showing in the B1G Championship Game and heading to the Cotton or Rose Bowl is a great year for almost any team out there!

Wisconsin does just about the most with what they get of any program out there.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Dayton for 3 years. Coming from the San Francisco area, I just never knew that a college sports team could have so much support. We like college football here in the Bay Area, but it's nowhere near the fervor for Ohio State. I laugh at how the Cal-Stanford game is called the Big Game. It's not big at all, and even the people here don't care that much about it.

I like the idea of 8. I think each P5 conference should get a representative in the CFP. That would captivate the whole country and elevate college football to new heights, IMO.

I do understand the objection that a 3 loss or worse team could make it. Perhaps the CFP could also require that a conference champion have no more than 2 losses in order to get the automatic berth. If not, that auto berth would become an at large spot.

I do worry that out of conference scheduling would get even worse if such a system were put in place, as teams would just focus on winning their conference and taking zero risk in OOC scheduling. Maybe we modify the 2 loss criterion to only count conference losses so that we don't discourage such regular season matchups like Oregon-Auburn and Oregon-Ohio State. Make it so that such games can only help your resume for an at large berth.

Yea also lived in Dayton a bit that is also pretty much all OSU. It's funny how driving forty minutes south changes the scene up some. It's still majority buckeyes but as I said some don't care for them.

Agreed accross the board on your take on playoff

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea also lived in Dayton a bit that is also pretty much all OSU. It's funny how driving forty minutes south changes the scene up some. It's still majority buckeyes but as I said some don't care for them.

Agreed accross the board on your take on playoff

Ohio State football was like a religion to the people I knew in Dayton. And I remember hearing "Hang on Sloopy" all day on Fridays. I get in my car and turn on the radio, and that song is playing on every station, or so it seems looking back on those years. LOL.

Yeah, college football would be launched to a whole new level with an 8 team playoff. What the heck are we waiting for??

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. What a difference of two halves. Good game Badger fans. You guys deserve the Rose. Good luck in the bowl.

@kburjr lemme know what I'm supposed to wear (damn it couldn't punch it in from the two to cover lol)

Here ya go. We'll bring you to the light soon.

294-1408624-1_hi.jpg