• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

6 team playoff

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 3 0 T E A M P L A Y O F F

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has come up before but why doesnt' the NCAA got to a 6 team playoff.

Take the P5 conference champions and one at large bid for the highest ranked Mid Major or Independent team.

By doing this, you could put importance back into a conference championship which would in effect be another playoff game.

I've always hated the fact that conference champions don't always end up in the playoff. This way all 5 conference champions get it. The committee could rank them 1 thru 5 with the top 2 getting first round byes.
This comes up several times a year, but no.

Right now your OOC games still matter. They matter just as much as winning your conference. Your conference standing does not include your out of conf record.

If they make it anything close to automatic entry for winning your conference there is no need to ever schedule a tough OOC game again. You will diminish their value substantially. That's just a fact.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 3 0 T E A M P L A Y O F F

Only 128 - that's seven rounds of playoff.... just eliminate conference championships altogether. Everybody plays 8 games against conference foes, and then the playoffs begin....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should go to a 130 team playoff. Top 6 teams get a bye. Season will finish right before the next season starts and we don’t have to go without CFB again!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn — guess someone beat me to it:dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberty just went FBS. No need for pussy at large bids.

Always trying to keep the little man down, even after you have such a huge financial advantage.

This is how we end up with fields made out of weird colors.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they may eventually go to a 6 or 8 team playoff but, hell, it took them 100+ years to go to a 4 team playoff so it's not going to happen in our lifetime so this is a meaningless conversation ....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe every P5 conference should be represented and there should be some spotlight on the best G5 team in the country. I think 8 teams is too much but 6, in my opinion, is the perfect number. #1 and #2 get a bye, #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5.
Why?

I couldn't disagree more that conf champions 'deserve' some seat at a mythical playoff table simply for winning their conference. Not at all in any way, shape, or form.

The major conferences are not created equal, or even in the same zip code. It changes in cycles, but right now the Pac is a hot mess, the ACC is Clemson and their ugly step sisters, The SEC may have more than one of the top 4 in any given season, and sometimes so does the B1G.

Putting in automatic playoff teams without any type of filter is asking for teams not even in the top 10 to be considered the same as those in the top 4 and could exclude really top level teams with their only loss against another really top level team in their own conference.

No chance I would ever support such a monstrosity.

College football is unlike any other sport. The rich get richer and the poor stay that way. There will always be a disparity. Attempts to give participation trophies will not change that. Most non blue blood schools have nearly zero chance of winning a national championship. If they do, it's going to be rare and hard to find anything close to a dynasty. That's just how it works. None of these ideas fix any of that, and then punish actual really good deserving teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always trying to keep the little man down, even after you have such a huge financial advantage.

This is how we end up with fields made out of weird colors.
If you can’t make the top 130 teams Can you really make an argument you deserve a shot at a national title?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the current 4 team system. Now, I think the NCAA will eventually expand it due to financial reasons, but right now 4 teams seems like the perfect number. Every week matters because there has been some one loss teams left out in years past. Win all your games as a Power 5 team, you are in. Win all your games as an non Power 5 team, and schedule a couple of decent Power 5 teams OOC and you are likely in.

I love the NCAA tourney in basketball, but there is a reason why so many people watch the tourney, but most fans have probably watched no more than 2-3 games the entire regular season. It is because most regular season games don't really matter. Win 2/3's of your games in the regular season in basketball, in a power 5 conference, and you are at least a bubble team. Win your conference tournament and you are automatically in. Let's not do the same with football. Each game is a BIG deal, and if you stub your foot in September, you may be eliminated from the playoffs so....take every game seriously.

I wouldn't get too upset if they expanded to 6 teams, but I don't think they need more than 4 teams to determine who is the best team in the country. :2cents:

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Off the top of my head, I know Wisconsin back in 2012 when they were a 6 loss team. If it rarely ever happens then there doesn’t need to be a caveat for it. It also leaves complaints from G5 conference champions being excluded.

Wait a minute. Wisconsin was a 6 loss team? How did they get to the conference championship? And they won?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can’t make the top 130 teams Can you really make an argument you deserve a shot at a national title?

Auburn almost lost to Jacksonville St a few years ago.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Wisconsin was a 6 loss team? How did they get to the conference championship? And they won?

So that's a no on watching college football.

Ohio St was banned from all post season games.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think you should be in the Playoff if you didn't even win your own conference title.

I think the committee's job is to evaluate and determine the four best teams in the country. If they truly believe that two of those teams just happen to reside in the same conference, than I don't think you punish the second place team, just because they are in the same conference as the first place team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State was on suspension for lying about players getting impermissible gifts.

Penn State was on suspension because the NCAA was overreaching and punishing for criminal acts and in reality, no NCAA rules were violated.

Wisconsin was a 5 loss team that made the conference championship game by default and dropped a fucking sledge hammer on Nebraska’s naughty bits winning 70-31.

Then Wisconsin lost in the Rose Bowl to Stanford. I thought they finished with 7 losses, not 6. My bad.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It makes out of conference games completely irrelevant, out of conference scheduling is bad enough as it is.

It already plays out of the field anyway, look like shit and lose games and you’re out.

Out of conference games are already irrelevant. How many times has Alabama won the National Championship after playing crappy non conference games.