• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New ownership but same ol team

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the Skins/Commanders are the cure-all for every ailing team. Nothing changes. Jesus himself could own this team and we still would allow a pathetic team who hasn't scored a TD in the 1st quarter all year (10 games in) to score the 1st. So tired of continuously hearing during games the longest pass play of the year,, the longest run of the year,,, the most sacks in a game that a team gets when they play this gut wrenching franchise. How many times to we have to give a rookie QB his first win. I had a 5 game parlay and the only team not to come through for me is you guessed it. The fucking Commanders. The tragic part is Im the asshole of the day for even betting on em to win. When I've had a lifetime of knowledge knowing how they're the only franchise in the NFL to fuck up a sure thing. How many times this year can you lose to pathetic teams at home. I've been waving the Howell towell like a friekin idiot when all this guy does is throw pics. Sorry to vent but it's the built up frustration from a team that has no future promise. They just can't seem to ever get it right. Cowboys always find a way to lose in crunch time but at least they're always there. Philly always has good teams these days. Giants ALWAYS beat us. Commanders are the team you're stuck with because your parents bored them into your soul from the glory years... now they're dead and gone but a shitty team remains that you cheer on each and every week and for what... a higher draft pic. Somebody make me feel better and tell me there is hope down the road. Somebody. Fuckin lie to me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the Skins/Commanders are the cure-all for every ailing team. Nothing changes. Jesus himself could own this team and we still would allow a pathetic team who hasn't scored a TD in the 1st quarter all year (10 games in) to score the 1st. So tired of continuously hearing during games the longest pass play of the year,, the longest run of the year,,, the most sacks in a game that a team gets when they play this gut wrenching franchise. How many times to we have to give a rookie QB his first win. I had a 5 game parlay and the only team not to come through for me is you guessed it. The fucking Commanders. The tragic part is Im the asshole of the day for even betting on em to win. When I've had a lifetime of knowledge knowing how they're the only franchise in the NFL to fuck up a sure thing. How many times this year can you lose to pathetic teams at home. I've been waving the Howell towell like a friekin idiot when all this guy does is throw pics. Sorry to vent but it's the built up frustration from a team that has no future promise. They just can't seem to ever get it right. Cowboys always find a way to lose in crunch time but at least they're always there. Philly always has good teams these days. Giants ALWAYS beat us. Commanders are the team you're stuck with because your parents bored them into your soul from the glory years... now they're dead and gone but a shitty team remains that you cheer on each and every week and for what... a higher draft pic. Somebody make me feel better and tell me there is hope down the road. Somebody. Fuckin lie to me.
new ownership is in observation mode

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new ownership is in observation mode
I agree but I would hope that doesn't last much longer.

My concern is that harris and group will be a little late to the game at the end of the season. In other words, a team like the raiders will have the jump because they don't have to tip toe around in their search for a GM and or coach.

Unless Rivera is fired in the locker room in week 17 with GM interviews lined up the next day, I can't see the harm in firing him now and starting the rebuild now. What is left to observe with the front office and coaches? Eb and some of the offense staff could need more time to evaluate...that is true.

My hope would be that the new president and or GM are hired within 72 hours after black Monday. A smart decision must be made, but we will not be the only ones looking correct?

After the gm is hired, that gm must hire the coach. Again, we won't be the only one looking. We must be smart, but act quickly as well. We don't have a lot of time to get everything in order. That is why I think a change is needed now. It signals to the fans that change is coming and allows a more open and transparent search. Nobody cares about the rest of the season anymore anyways.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tampering ... for any team. This has been explained about 5,000 times. It they are interested in someone who is not part of a team they can talk to him all they want.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm late to the party but IMO we should hope for a good showing but a loss each game.
there's a LOT that needs fixing, i have no idea what our cap space is next season, and we have some solid draft capital.
who knows if the new ownership won't want to draft a franchise QB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm late to the party but IMO we should hope for a good showing but a loss each game.
there's a LOT that needs fixing, i have no idea what our cap space is next season, and we have some solid draft capital.
who knows if the new ownership won't want to draft a franchise QB
We will have a flat 100 mil plus not including cuts which is about 23 mil

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
123 mil is nothing?
What type of free agent approach do you anticipate? Aggressive, pick our shots, bargin shopping, Cerrato style?

I want 1 or 2 homeruns with value signings for younger, healthy players.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of free agent approach do you anticipate? Aggressive, pick our shots, bargin shopping, Cerrato style?

I want 1 or 2 homeruns with value signings for younger, healthy players.
Like LB Leonard from the Colts. Go get him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i’d definitely take a flyer on Leonard. Have him get healthy this year, come back next year. Junior Gallette style, and what was supposed to happen with Rueben Foster.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, he's injury prone and going to be 30 next year. Want young hungry players.
30 isn't old in this league if you have talent. Look at Wagner. Leonard has talent, needs to get healthy. Now that he is a FA, I would sign him now and have him get healthy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i’d definitely take a flyer on Leonard. Have him get healthy this year, come back next year. Junior Gallette style, and what was supposed to happen with Rueben Foster.
Not at his current contract