• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 games to the ASB

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After taking out the trash tonight vs. PHO, the Ws have 5 games to the ASB:

@ HOU
@ OKC*
@ MEM
@ DAL*
HOU

* second game of back-to-back

Bogut will not play in OKC or DAL. I think the critical game will be Tuesday in Houston. If we win that one, we should go 3-2 into the break, which would put us at 33-19 (.632) which projects to 52 wins.

Tonight continued an alarming trend of Avi playing like shit on the defensive end. I was at the game and watched him pretty closely. He's not rotating well and being caught flat footed a lot by opposing PFs. Scola ate his lunch tonight.

Nonetheless, the Memphis game will be interesting since Bogut will play. It will also be interesting to see which Rocket team shows up -- they are very erratic so far this year. I'd expect the Grizz to fade the next two months, so the 4 seed will likely come down to us and the Nuggets.

Good times.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post/breakdown.

I think Lee is tired. The dude has his weaknesses but he's stubborn and battles. Still, while he continues to rebound and make great passes, his outside shot has no lift and, like you said, he isn't defending.

And I also agree that the 1st Houston game is key. Win that game, and the Ws likely go into the break feeling damn good about themselves.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post/breakdown.

I think Lee is tired. The dude has his weaknesses but he's stubborn and battles. Still, while he continues to rebound and make great passes, his outside shot has no lift and, like you said, he isn't defending.

And I also agree that the 1st Houston game is key. Win that game, and the Ws likely go into the break feeling damn good about themselves.

Just to add, Lee was injured a little while ago, it's coincidental that his defense has tailed off since that.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add, Lee was injured a little while ago, it's coincidental that his defense has tailed off since that.

Forgot about that.

I remember his 1st game after the injury I thought his shot looked flat for the 1st time all year. The injury would certainly explain that lack of quickness on defense as well.

With Bogut back, I hope Jackson finds ways to decrease his minutes.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the Warriors are only 2 1/2 games behind the Clips.

More pressure on LA to make that Garnet trade.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are Lin will play tonight. I imagine Bogut will have a huge impact on this game. Harden and Lin both like to get to the rack and we'll need him in there to cause some disturbance. The guy I'm most worried about is Patrick Patterson. He's quietly becoming a very solid stretch 4. If he's hitting his outside shots, it will draw another defender out a few steps and open up some lanes in the middle.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to massively reassess this four game roadie. Let's hope the Ws don't get swept.

This is a real possibility.

Absolute defensive shitshow tonight. Channeling their inner 49ers.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to massively reassess this four game roadie. Let's hope the Ws don't get swept.

This is a real possibility.

Absolute defensive shitshow tonight. Channeling their inner 49ers.

Shitshow is unfortunately becoming part of my daily vocabulary. We can't get to the All Star Break soon enough.

Is is me, or have we finally stumbled upon a major Warrior weakness: lack of speed/athleticism.

The team shoots well, but when it comes to chasing down loose balls or guarding sharpshooters from beyond the arc, they are often too damn slow to get the job done. This concerns me going forward.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they're too slow; I see it as lack of effort. For whatever reason, they're tired. Prepare for two more losses before they come home. Small chance Friday, but little chance in Dallas.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this All-star break will be coming at a great point. The Rockets game was an aberration. Granted the Warriors didn't play nearly to their capacity, but even still you have to be on quite a roll to rack up 130 points. The Thunder are the best team in the West.

I'm not excusing anything that's happened. The last two games have been very lackluster performance. That being said, I'm going out on a limb and saying they take the next two games. If there's one thing I believe Jackson can do, it's to instill some pride on this team and inspire them to play better. I full expect them to take command in the Memphis game and win that going away. Also feeling pretty confident against the Mavs too.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this All-star break will be coming at a great point. The Rockets game was an aberration. Granted the Warriors didn't play nearly to their capacity, but even still you have to be on quite a roll to rack up 130 points. The Thunder are the best team in the West.

I'm not excusing anything that's happened. The last two games have been very lackluster performance. That being said, I'm going out on a limb and saying they take the next two games. If there's one thing I believe Jackson can do, it's to instill some pride on this team and inspire them to play better. I full expect them to take command in the Memphis game and win that going away. Also feeling pretty confident against the Mavs too.

This. You certainly can't immediately chalk up two victories with how they have been playing recently and being on the road for another back-to-back. Luckily, they match up well against the Griz and Mavs, and have Bogut a lot closer to 100% than the last time he met that Z-Bo/Gasol front court. Of course, I'd be stoked with a split.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon ASB, get here now!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. You certainly can't immediately chalk up two victories with how they have been playing recently and being on the road for another back-to-back. Luckily, they match up well against the Griz and Mavs, and have Bogut a lot closer to 100% than the last time he met that Z-Bo/Gasol front court. Of course, I'd be stoked with a split.

<SNAP>

There's that limb both of you were on....

The defense is fucking atrocious now. No Bogut tonight, probably no Jack either. Klay playing like cold shit warmed over.

Un-fucking-good. I hope they salvage one game out of this trip, but with the way they aren't playing D anymore, I'm not hopeful.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they're too slow; I see it as lack of effort. For whatever reason, they're tired. Prepare for two more losses before they come home. Small chance Friday, but little chance in Dallas.

Yep. And why Jackson puts up with it is beyond me. Defense is all about effort and "want to".

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<SNAP>

There's that limb both of you were on....

The defense is fucking atrocious now. No Bogut tonight, probably no Jack either. Klay playing like cold shit warmed over.

Un-fucking-good. I hope they salvage one game out of this trip, but with the way they aren't playing D anymore, I'm not hopeful.

The ship will be righted tonight. I have no idea why most of the team stopped moving their feet on defense when, at the beginning of the year, their rotations resembled a playoff-caliber team (for the first time since We Believe [and even their rotations and front court D weren't so great, of course]). Does Jarret Jack have that much of an impact on that end of the floor?

You pinpointed it in the first two games that the turnovers and free throw shooting were below par. I don't think anyone was worried about the stabilization of the free throw shooting because only Biedrins is a lost cause (and would be playing 5-8 minutes per night upon Bogut's return), and most of the big minute players are elite free throw shooters (fluke start). The aspect that got us all excited was the effort on Defense. We're still waiting for the minimization of the careless turnovers, but to have to add a defensive relapse to the list is very frustrating. They turn it around tonight against the team that seemed to derail them! If anyone is going to have a career night from behind the arc, if will be a Warrior!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they will probably win tonight, but I still am appalled at the defensive effort on the road trip. Makes no sense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Warriors. If you do make it to the playoffs, you'll get bounced quickly in the first round. Suck me in for the first time in 20 years only to kick me in the balls. Fuck you Warriors.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're not there yet. We're not where we think we are," said Warriors center Andrew Bogut, who had six points and 12 rebounds. "I think we thought we were maybe a little better than we were."

I think that about sums it up. How they react to this realization will be interesting. Unfortunately, we have about a week to worry about it before we get some answers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Warriors. If you do make it to the playoffs, you'll get bounced quickly in the first round. Suck me in for the first time in 20 years only to kick me in the balls. Fuck you Warriors.

+1. The lack of defensive effort is inexcusable.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're not there yet. We're not where we think we are," said Warriors center Andrew Bogut, who had six points and 12 rebounds. "I think we thought we were maybe a little better than we were."

I think that about sums it up. How they react to this realization will be interesting. Unfortunately, we have about a week to worry about it before we get some answers.

It's ironic that Bogut made those comments - can't the same be said of Milwaukee's evaluation of him leading up to the draft. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but "maybe I thought I was better than what I really am" can be said of your skills to, Aussie...