• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Quick Hits: Assistant Coach Change, Injuries, and More

Letting Mullen go. Seems like they're letting the wrong assistant go. Lappy was a solider of a player, but so far all he's proven as a coach is that he's good at putting out a garbage PK unit. Mullen consistently had one of the best PPs over the last 5-7 years.

Also sounded like Hexy is looking for a short term veteran goalie to be the starter.

I always wondered what the culprit was there. Maybe Lappy has a hard time teaching heart through words lol. We all know playing and coaching are two different animals for sure.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume you have all taken to the golf courses for the summer lol. If you see Gee out there tell him his slice is worse than his slapshot!:lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Weal needed to be protected or exposed, too?

Weal isn't exposed because he hasn't played in enough games. So, he obviously doesn't need to be protected. He will be a UFA though, but we can sign him.

Last edited:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weal isn't exposed because he hasn't played in enough games. So, he obviously doesn't need to be protected. He will be a UFA though, but we can sign him.
As I understand it, a decision must be made on Weal. He has over 2 years of pro experience between the AHL/NHL. I'm pretty sure after his showing last year he will need to be protected. I swear I read that in Dave Issac article somewhere.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, a decision must be made on Weal. He has over 2 years of pro experience between the AHL/NHL. I'm pretty sure after his showing last year he will need to be protected. I swear I read that in Dave Issac article somewhere.

The expansion draft simulator at CapFriendly says he needs 17 more games to meet the exposure requirement. He will be an UFA soon anyway, so if we don't sign him between now and then, he could just leave and test free agency.

The way I see it, Weal is safe because he didn't play 40 Nhl games this season or 70 in the last two seasons. He's not signed yet for next season either, which excludes him.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that game in Montreal last night?

96 shots, 129 hits, 28 PIM and 7 goals

Tied up with 17 seconds left and ended in the first OT with only 1:26 remaining. I thought the Canadiens were very fortunate to not lose that one in regulation. Lundqvist must've lost his stick a dozen different times in that game and it definitely cost his team too...Lol

I fucking hate how the Montreal fans cheer as if they've scored a goal every single time one of their players hits the ice and then they boo when there's no penalty call, which is most every single time...Lol

Idk how the other games are looking so much, but to me, this one was pretty epic. I think the Rangers will pull out the series in the end. Our division was the best in hockey, to my knowledge, which is probably another serious reason as to why we missed out on the playoffs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tied up with 17 seconds left and ended in the first OT with only 1:26 remaining. I thought the Canadiens were very fortunate to not lose that one. Lundqvist must've lost his stick a dozen different times in that game...Lol

I fucking hate how the Montreal fans cheer as if they've scored a goal every single time one of their players hits the ice and then they boo when there's no penalty call, which is most every single time...Lol

Idk how the other games are looking so much, but to me, this one was pretty epic. I think the Rangers will pull out the series in the end. Our division was the best in hockey, to my knowledge.

True Habs fans are way worse than Flyer fans when it comes to complaining about Refs.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has anyone seen this????

This is what the Flyers would look like if they were an NFL team

This is so cool, except the dude needs to make wholesale changes to ours.....
I mean the concept is great, I just don't care for the idea that we look like the fuckin cleveland brownstains.....

PHI.png

I think the pants should be black on both home and away, and I like this helmet so much better!!!!

920x920.jpg

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tied up with 17 seconds left and ended in the first OT with only 1:26 remaining. I thought the Canadiens were very fortunate to not lose that one in regulation. Lundqvist must've lost his stick a dozen different times in that game and it definitely cost his team too...Lol

Idk how the other games are looking so much, but to me, this one was pretty epic. I think the Rangers will pull out the series in the end. Our division was the best in hockey, to my knowledge, which is probably another serious reason as to why we missed out on the playoffs.
I watched this entire game and i was drooling at all the hitting going on. When the Habs tied it up i had a smile on my face but was in my bar with all Rag fans and couldn't go crazy they were pretty mad. Rags play better on the road so they need to win tomorrow if they are to have a chance. Lets go Canadiens!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expansion draft simulator at CapFriendly says he needs 17 more games to meet the exposure requirement. He will be an UFA soon anyway, so if we don't sign him between now and then, he could just leave and test free agency.

The way I see it, Weal is safe because he didn't play 40 Nhl games this season or 70 in the last two seasons. He's not signed yet for next season either, which excludes him.
Bridge deal lets get it done.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider it for Taylor Hall.
I don't know. NJ got him for Adam Larson. I think his salary is $6 million and he is 20 - 25 goals. He is, however, only 25. I guess this would be one for discussion.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely package our 1st for Drouin. That would give us the elite skill and creativity we're looking for on wing. He's only 22 also, which fits right in with our youth movement.

We're picking 13th instead of 12th, which must be because Vegas slots in as the 3rd worst team automatically and then picks 3rd in each successive round.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to Hexy when talking about Giroux:

"I don't think G had a great year," Hextall said. "He's not on the decline. I know this: I'll be shocked next year if you guys don't ask me in January, 'Well, how has G turned this around?' He's a very driven athlete, he's very driven. I know he's going to train hard this year. We're going to make some minor tweaks in how he trains. He trains hard."

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly how I feel on the subject.