• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dawn of a new day

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a trade freeze right now in Philly, and a weather freeze as well. No one can be traded until after midnight because of the American Thanksgiving Holliday. That doesn't mean that Hextall isn't on the phone as I type (not with me).

But what is he talking about? Who with?

I hope he is working out a way to get Joel Quenneville behind the bench. That will take some serious $$. It will most likely mean that there would be other changes at the assistant coach position. I am okay with that. The overall effect of Gord Murphy as a coach on this group of defensemen seems to be the overall effect of Gord Murphy as a player...somewhat inconsistent, brilliant at times and prone to occasional brain dead plays at the wrong time. The PK is a disgrace and I don't know who Lappy has pictures of doing what, but he should go. He can stay on in player development, but the PK is horrible. The PP is not so bad, and the goaltending coach is okay. There...that is the off ice matters all cleared up. Everyone feel happy?

Now the players:

I move Wayne Simmonds. This will do several things.
1. It should bring a respectable package of players/picks in return.
2. It will send a message to the room that no one is safe.
3. It ends the possible distraction of his contract.
4. It ends the double standard of Simmonds is the heart and soul/Simmonds does stupid and selfish things on the ice and gets away with it.

I am not saying that Simmonds should be the only move. My only untouchables? Giroux, Couturier, Patrick, Konecny, Provorov. IF you make the right offer, anyone else can be yours. Yes, that includes Jake. Yes, that includes Ghost. Both players who simply stop playing in the d zone, stop playing a physical game..let their linemate/partner pick up the slack and take the blame for their shortcomings.

Yes, I hope that by next Monday there has been at least one if not two Flyers press releases and press conferences about major changes to the team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in a trade freeze right now in Philly, and a weather freeze as well. No one can be traded until after midnight because of the American Thanksgiving Holliday. That doesn't mean that Hextall isn't on the phone as I type (not with me).

But what is he talking about? Who with?

I hope he is working out a way to get Joel Quenneville behind the bench. That will take some serious $$. It will most likely mean that there would be other changes at the assistant coach position. I am okay with that. The overall effect of Gord Murphy as a coach on this group of defensemen seems to be the overall effect of Gord Murphy as a player...somewhat inconsistent, brilliant at times and prone to occasional brain dead plays at the wrong time. The PK is a disgrace and I don't know who Lappy has pictures of doing what, but he should go. He can stay on in player development, but the PK is horrible. The PP is not so bad, and the goaltending coach is okay. There...that is the off ice matters all cleared up. Everyone feel happy?

Now the players:

I move Wayne Simmonds. This will do several things.
1. It should bring a respectable package of players/picks in return.
2. It will send a message to the room that no one is safe.
3. It ends the possible distraction of his contract.
4. It ends the double standard of Simmonds is the heart and soul/Simmonds does stupid and selfish things on the ice and gets away with it.

I am not saying that Simmonds should be the only move. My only untouchables? Giroux, Couturier, Patrick, Konecny, Provorov. IF you make the right offer, anyone else can be yours. Yes, that includes Jake. Yes, that includes Ghost. Both players who simply stop playing in the d zone, stop playing a physical game..let their linemate/partner pick up the slack and take the blame for their shortcomings.

Yes, I hope that by next Monday there has been at least one if not two Flyers press releases and press conferences about major changes to the team.
I agree with the Simmonds part, Nothing kills an offensive zone attack like Simmer stick handling the puck, The rest of this debacle is all Hextall. He had the cash and some other things to bring in a stronger goalie, and or offensive stud. He did neither. The question is why? Maybe you are right and he just can't get away from his plan to build from within but it's not working on any level. Time to move on and bring in fresh ideas.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think that JvR getting hurt in game two was a major monkey wrench in the works.
That, and the predicatable injury to Neuvirth. Not being able to spell Elliot and give him actual nights off IMHO is what lead to the current injury. He had to come in for Pickard in relief which can be hard on a healthy goalie, but one who has had major core issues...yikes....and then gets hurt (was it the next game or game after that?) He wasn't moving fluidly in the game he got hurt in which leads me to believe he was sore which means he tweaked something...but had to play because...

Anyway...the JvR injury screwed up the lines as they had been coming out of Preseason when they looked pretty solid. The fact that Provorov has taken a step and a half backwards is not helping either.