• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav, nothing but respect for Gee!!!
But Gee needs to pony up some of that blame for his numbers.
I sincerely hope his numbers stop declining as this is a team sport and his team is the one's suffering for his lack of production.....and in more ways than one.

I think he needs a healthy offseason of training and he will be more than happy to show us what he has left next season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he needs a healthy offseason of training and he will be more than happy to show us what he has left next season.

Along with the recharging the young guns from the Phantoms bring us, Gee, Simmer, Voracek, and Schenn are gonna have to have above average seasons.....But the Cup wouldn't be the same without those 4 guys carrying us there!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the decline in his numbers is alarming, but I blame trading away Hartnell and his hip injury for that more than anything. He only just turned 29 in January, so age should not be a factor in this. I absolutely expect him to rebound next season. The decline will not continue.

Not only has he just turned 29, he really only has about 8 full seasons of Nhl games on his body, which is not a lot.
I heard a stat the other day that was also alarming. We haven't won a playoff series since Gee became captain.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a stat the other day that was also alarming. We haven't won a playoff series since Gee became captain.

That is a stat I did not know!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, that's true, but we've only made the playoffs twice since January of 2013 when he was named captain. Lost in 7 to the Rangers in 2014 and obviously last season to the top seeded Caps in 6.

He's been pretty much money for us in every postseason he's been a part of except for last season. Still 62 points in 63 games overall and a +13 with two overtime winners. I was in the crowd in Philly for one of those. I believe it was game 3 of the Cup Finals in 2010.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why we want to get rid of G so much anyway. If you were looking to trade him, you'd want to sell high. Well, this is not exactly a high point for him...Lol

He has 5 more years left at $8.275 million per and with a no movement clause, so we sort of have to sleep in the bed that we've made here. If you do approach him saying you'd like to trade him and he denies it, there's nothing that can really be done and then you've sort of burnt your bridges.

I think if G just gets 100% healthy, has a good offseason of training and maybe shoots the puck more, he will really bounce back next season. Get him a scoring winger and all the better.

He's obviously not doing enough at even strength, but neither is most of the team. Give him some constant linemates and let him go to work.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason and into October, I see the following as our top questions:

Who does Vegas take from us? (hopefully MacDonald or Read, quite frankly)

Do we make any trades on or around draft day? (like trading up)

Do we sign a free agent? (this includes Weal or Mason)

How much does Ghost make yearly with his next contract and for how many seasons?

Same question for Stolarz.

Just how many rookies make the big squad out of camp?

We have over $13 million in cap space and about 7 players to sign. Depending on who Vegas takes, does that leave us space to make another move that helps us win now? (like acquiring Filppula)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, that's true, but we've only made the playoffs twice since January of 2013 when he was named captain. Lost in 7 to the Rangers in 2014 and obviously last season to the top seeded Caps in 6.

He's been pretty much money for us in every postseason he's been a part of except for last season. Still 62 points in 63 games overall and a +13 with two overtime winners. I was in the crowd in Philly for one of those. I believe it was game 3 of the Cup Finals in 2010.
I want Gee to return to a star player as much as you do but these stats were a long time ago. The game has changed to a speed game in the last three to 4 years and his legs aren't getting any younger

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why we want to get rid of G so much anyway. If you were looking to trade him, you'd want to sell high. Well, this is not exactly a high point for him...Lol

He has 5 more years left at $8.275 million per and with a no movement clause, so we sort of have to sleep in the bed that we've made here. If you do approach him saying you'd like to trade him and he denies it, there's nothing that can really be done and then you've sort of burnt your bridges.

I think if G just gets 100% healthy, has a good offseason of training and maybe shoots the puck more, he will really bounce back next season. Get him a scoring winger and all the better.

He's obviously not doing enough at even strength, but neither is most of the team. Give him some constant linemates and let him go to work.
In your first few sentences is why i personally would want Gee traded to a team that has cup potential. 5 years at 8.25 is a lot of money and a lot of years. We also have a captain in waiting in Simmer and his contract is up soon and it would be nice to get him paid in a few years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason and into October, I see the following as our top questions:

Who does Vegas take from us? (hopefully MacDonald or Read, quite frankly)

Do we make any trades on or around draft day? (like trading up)

Do we sign a free agent? (this includes Weal or Mason)

How much does Ghost make yearly with his next contract and for how many seasons?

Same question for Stolarz.

Just how many rookies make the big squad out of camp?

We have over $13 million in cap space and about 7 players to sign. Depending on who Vegas takes, does that leave us space to make another move that helps us win now? (like acquiring Filppula)
Please if there is a god MacDonald is in vegas next season

I would like to trade up we have an over abundance of pieces that everyone wants.

Sign Weal and Mase

Is it possible to sign Ghost to a bridge deal?

Stolarz will come cheap i hope if we dont sign Mason

IMO Morin and Haag

I dont think we were any closer to winning a cup with Filppula than before we got him

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your first few sentences is why i personally would want Gee traded to a team that has cup potential. 5 years at 8.25 is a lot of money and a lot of years. We also have a captain in waiting in Simmer and his contract is up soon and it would be nice to get him paid in a few years.
Also let me be clear this is not number one priority on this team at all this is low on the list.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not shed a tear if LV takes him off our hands. Would rather have them take A Mac, but I don't see that happening.

Well, the other question before that happens is who do we protect at the forward position aside from Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and Filppula? There is one more slot open. Does it go to PEB, Read, Raffl or Weise? Technically Cousins or Laughton are exposed too, but I doubt Vegas would pick either of them, being young, unsigned RFA's. I believe Vegas has to draft a minimum of 20 players signed for at least next season, so they won't be picking many free agents.

Then, which goalie are we protecting? That's also an interesting decision, considering Neuvy is the only one currently signed.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the other question before that happens is who do we protect at the forward position aside from Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and Filppula? There is one more slot open. Does it go to PEB, Read, Raffl or Weise? Technically Cousins or Laughton are exposed too, but I doubt Vegas would pick either of them, being young, unsigned RFA's. I believe Vegas has to draft a minimum of 20 players signed for at least next season, so they won't be picking many free agents.

Then, which goalie are we protecting? That's also an interesting decision, considering Neuvy is the only one currently signed.
From that Group I protect Cousins. Not a big loss if any of those others are picked.