• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty incredible hockey tonight. Four games played and all of them went to overtime. I watched three of the endings live here on my computer, including all of the Caps/Leafs game and most of the Hawks/Preds...Lol

Shockingly, the western conference champion Hawks are down 0-3 against the 4th place team in their own division that they went 4-1 against this season. Literally nobody saw this coming. That and the Leafs are up 2-1 on the Presidents' Trophy winners. Hard to believe all of this. The Caps do choke in the playoffs, but I didn't necessarily think it would be against a very young, inexperienced Leafs' squad.

If anything, it illustrates to me that we really are not very far off. We could bounce back and be a 100 point team next season if our regulars respond and guys like Morin, Hagg, Lindblom, and Vecchione step in and perform right away. There's no reason why that shouldn't happen to at least some extent. Many of our prospects have had years of seasoning at the pro level or against men, so they will be ready when they do make the team.

For the sake of being able to win a Cup with Giroux, we need to make a big step next season. Then, in 2018 and 2019, we will be primed to be serious contenders for a long time to come.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to Hexy when talking about Giroux:

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly how I feel on the subject.
If this could happen it would be better than any present i have ever received.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely package our 1st for Drouin. That would give us the elite skill and creativity we're looking for on wing. He's only 22 also, which fits right in with our youth movement.

We're picking 13th instead of 12th, which must be because Vegas slots in as the 3rd worst team automatically and then picks 3rd in each successive round.
I thought we should've made a move for him last year when he was probably a lot cheaper.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty incredible hockey tonight. Four games played and all of them went to overtime. I watched three of the endings live here on my computer, including all of the Caps/Leafs game and most of the Hawks/Preds...Lol

Shockingly, the western conference champion Hawks are down 0-3 against the 4th place team in their own division that they went 4-1 against this season. Literally nobody saw this coming. That and the Leafs are up 2-1 on the Presidents' Trophy winners. Hard to believe all of this. The Caps do choke in the playoffs, but I didn't necessarily think it would be against a very young, inexperienced Leafs' squad.

If anything, it illustrates to me that we really are not very far off. We could bounce back and be a 100 point team next season if our regulars respond and guys like Morin, Hagg, Lindblom, and Vecchione step in and perform right away. There's no reason why that shouldn't happen to at least some extent. Many of our prospects have had years of seasoning at the pro level or against men, so they will be ready when they do make the team.

For the sake of being able to win a Cup with Giroux, we need to make a big step next season. Then, in 2018 and 2019, we will be primed to be serious contenders for a long time to come.
Playoffs have been crazy so far. How about the Blues who traded Shattenkirk up on Minnesota 3-0

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs have been crazy so far. How about the Blues who traded Shattenkirk up on Minnesota 3-0

Lol Or the Caps who acquired Shattenkirk, only to watch him miss the net about four times during a 5 on 3 power play, one which was basically an empty net. They gave up two prospects and two picks for a guy who is second worst on the team with a -3 through the first few games and missed a glorious chance to put the Leafs away last night. That and he walks away after they get eliminated this postseason.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, remember that guy Justin Williams? He turns 36 this year, but he's leading the Caps in points (4), PIM (6) and plus/minus (+2) in that series...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovi not playing up to par in the playoffs ......again.

Well, people talk about G being old or declining because of his age when he just turned 29 and I have to laugh. Especially when there are guys who are far less elite that have way more miles on their tires and are still getting it done in the Nhl.

Then there are elite guys still doing it too. Marleau, Thornton, Zetterberg and Hossa are ancient but still kicking. Even guys like E. Staal, Carter, Eaves, Ovechkin, Malkin, Nash, Ladd and Bergeron are all into their 30's and then some. These were a few of the top goal scorers this season.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, people talk about G being old or declining because of his age when he just turned 29 and I have to laugh. Especially when there are guys who are far less elite that have way more miles on their tires and are still getting it done in the Nhl.
I didn't realize Simmer will be 29 next year. I thought he was younger

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovi not playing up to par in the playoffs ......again.

BNaLjU7CUAEGP9n.jpg

upload_2017-4-18_13-44-44.png

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Or the Caps who acquired Shattenkirk, only to watch him miss the net about four times during a 5 on 3 power play, one which was basically an empty net. They gave up two prospects and two picks for a guy who is second worst on the team with a -3 through the first few games and missed a glorious chance to put the Leafs away last night. That and he walks away after they get eliminated this postseason.

Sometimes the best trade is the one that doesn't get made...just look at Minnesota before and after the Hanzal trade. When you're already firing on all cylinders don't get greedy...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are picking 13th in a weak draft class its not like we have a top 10 pick. this is definitely something i would consider for the right player
What would you consider the right player that a 13th pick will bring. Just curious.