• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I will say to that is "four rookies will probably out play him in training camp and the sum of their salaries won't equal his". I wouldn't be so sure that they will beat him out though. This year was proof of that.

Myers, Sanheim, Morin and Hagg.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unlikely that they all make the team, but that won't necessarily mean they're not good enough, we just don't want to be dressing four rookie defenders and Hexy is preaching patience with the youngsters.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold 1: If that were the case, why not Gudas? Or Streit? or MDZ (at least at the beginning of the season)? I would call those guys veterans, and Gudas/Streit are stable. Advanced stats aren't proof that the organization doesn't value him. It's not even proof that he's bad (though in this case, that is true). And if you think MacDonald is bad, why would you want him to mentor your prized rookie? Wouldn't you want him with someone who could teach him how to be good and not bad?

Whether we like it or not, the Flyers value MacDonald.

Bold 2: Not sure I agree with that, but there's no way to argue it haha
Im pretty sure Streit was Provs partner to start the season and it didnt work well and i could certainly see why Gudas wasn't paired with Prov to keep him away from all the pushing and shoving ,face wash situations Gudas gets into with. MCD gets a bad rap because of his salary, if he didn't have that big contract he had a half decent season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unlikely that they all make the team, but that won't necessarily mean they're not good enough, we just don't want to be dressing four rookie defenders and Hexy is preaching patience with the youngsters.
We would also have Prov and Ghost with those 4 and that's just way to young so i dont think 4 can make it on next years squad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mase is only getting backup offers everywhere else why not just sign with us for cheap and maybe take back the starting job?

Let's make him fight for it. The extra competition may do him some good. Oh wait...LOL

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleury had a terrible year though by all accounts, was overtaken by Murray everywhere, is soon to be 33 and making $5.75 million, which makes him one of the most expensive options that there is.

That's not even bringing up the fact that this is a guy who we've been born and bred to hate over the years while playing for one of our biggest rivals.

Given all of this, I have absolutely no clue why Hexy would even begin to consider trading for him.

Like the article states clearly, the logistics of it make zero sense too. We would be much better off spending that cap space on a 1st/2nd line forward or 1st/2nd pairing defenseman.

I don't care if he's the best regular season option that there is (and he could be), it's too much money and will probably upset a lot of fans in both areas. That and if he put up shitty numbers like 3.02 and .909 with their defense, what will he do with ours? It makes no fucking sense, so Hexy won't touch it.

Hey I didn't make up the rumor, just sharing......

Besides stranger things have happened, such as Streit being asshole #5 to lift the cup last week.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well darn, Drouin was dealt to the Habs. I was hoping to at least look into a trade for him? I think Montreal got a good deal for him. I think it was a player (not sure who it was) and a 6th rounder. I'll have to look it up, but still Drouin I think would have done well in Philly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well darn, Drouin was dealt to the Habs. I was hoping to at least look into a trade for him? I think Montreal got a good deal for him. I think it was a player (not sure who it was) and a 6th rounder. I'll have to look it up, but still Drouin I think would have done well in Philly.

Sergachev (#9 pick in 2016). Basically they gave up their Provorov to get him, though I think Provorov was a little higher touted by the end of his draft + 1 year.

I think at this point it's a pretty fair trade and the contract they signed him to is pretty decent (6 years, 5.5). So I think that's a win for both teams.

Glad the Flyers didn't do it though I think.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabriel Vilardi
Born
(1999-08-16) August 16, 1999 (age 17)
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Height 6 ft 3 in (191 cm)
Weight 203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)
Position Centre
Shoots Right
OHL team Windsor Spitfires
NHL Draft Eligible 2017
Playing career TBD–present

Would not be pissed at all if the Flyers took with # 2- size,grit,smarts

I won't be irate, but I'll be very agitated if they don't take Patrick or Hischier at #2. According to basically every scout in hockey, those two are the two best players this draft, then there's a drop off.

If they were at 3 though, Vilardi would probably be my pick.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sergachev (#9 pick in 2016). Basically they gave up their Provorov to get him, though I think Provorov was a little higher touted by the end of his draft + 1 year.

I think at this point it's a pretty fair trade and the contract they signed him to is pretty decent (6 years, 5.5). So I think that's a win for both teams.

Well, I think Drouin is clearly a dynamic, potentially elite winger, but I wouldn't give up a possible future Norris trophy winning defender for him straight-up. Not a chance. Provorov is younger, cheaper and has a higher ceiling in my book. I don't know anything about Sergachev, but I don't think Hexy would've traded Provorov for Drouin in any capacity.

That said, I think the $5.5 million per is a good price and if they are happy with their defense as is, so be it. A lot of bang for your buck and probably makes Montreal a good bit better effective immediately. The kid does need to maybe get his head on straight though and be responsible defensively. It's not without risk.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be irate, but I'll be very agitated if they don't take Patrick or Hischier at #2. According to basically every scout in hockey, those two are the two best players this draft, then there's a drop off.

If they were at 3 though, Vilardi would probably be my pick.

Agreed. This is a true no-brainer. We happily take whomever of Nico/Nolan that NJ passes on and hope they soon regret it too.

It would be amazing also if the kid makes the team right out of his first training camp. I am all for the infusion of youth, as are probably most of us.

Missing the playoffs is one thing that is unacceptable to me, but doing it while benching some of our younger, more highly skilled players in the process is absurd.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 6 years $33 mill, I will take a pass.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teasing the new unis. Not sure there are any real changes though...