• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess Manning over MacDonald, but otherwise agree completely!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they protected Laughton over Raffl and Manning over MacDonald. I am surprised! Excited about the latter, intrigued by the former. They have more faith in Laughton than I thought.

Should be Raffl taken I would think. Maybe Weal. (If I were Vegas)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they protected Laughton over Raffl and Manning over MacDonald. I am surprised! Excited about the latter, intrigued by the former. They have more faith in Laughton than I thought.

I bet there's a deal in place that they take MacDonald.

The cap went up to $75 million. With him off the books, we would have close to $16 million in space still for next season. A lot can be done with that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be really interesting to see how Vegas drafts though. I bet they go virtually as young as they can on 80% of the picks and then the other 20% are deals made with teams on who or who not to select for extra draft picks. They are going to have a ton of picks in the next several seasons.

They just don't have a lot to pick from in this expansion draft. Nashville and Pittsburgh will both lose a couple of young, talented players though thanks to their recent Cup runs.

Might as well draft young and inexpensive, then pile up the draft picks in deals to take big money contracts off of the hands of half a dozen teams.

Fuck Fleury too. I would take Rust from the Pens...Lol

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyers, Jordan Weal seem closer to a deal as deadlines loom

If Weal is signed before June 18, the Flyers would undoubtedly put him on their 11-player (seven forwards, three defensemen, goalie) protected list and Vegas would not be able to select him in the June 21 expansion draft.

If he is not signed, Vegas could negotiate with him during a 72-hour window in which it can try to lure free agents, starting Sunday at 10 a.m..

Weal hasn't officially been signed, so technically he's still a free agent......with intent on signing with Philly.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys. I noticed that the Sens did not protect Bobby Ryan for the expansion draft? I wonder if Hextall would be interested in a trade for him? I would hate to see him end up in Vegas. This can't be right can it? Why wouldn't they protect him?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys. I noticed that the Sens did not protect Bobby Ryan for the expansion draft? I wonder if Hextall would be interested in a trade for him? I would hate to see him end up in Vegas. This can't be right can it? Why wouldn't they protect him?

Would be nice, but with him due 7+ million a year for another 5 years.......

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice, but with him due 7+ million a year for another 5 years.......
I just saw that. No way Vegas will take that contract on. I would love to have him here, but not with that contract. Maybe the Sens buy him out and we can pick him up with a more reasonable contract? I can dream!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that. No way Vegas will take that contract on. I would love to have him here, but not with that contract. Maybe the Sens buy him out and we can pick him up with a more reasonable contract? I can dream!

Looking over the lists, there are a lot of "holy Hell" he's not protected players.....

But then you see the reasons why. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, they will take a big chance on.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the lists, there are a lot of "holy Hell" he's not protected players.....

But then you see the reasons why. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, they will take a big chance on.
I said holy hell looking at Ryan's contract. At first I thought Homer was the GM in Ottawa, lol. Seriously, I have always wanted him to come home and play for the Flyers. It probably won't happen while he still is playing at a high level. I bet Ottawa cuts ties with him in 2 seasons imo.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet at least all four teams that made the conference finals this year end up making a trade with Vegas to avoid losing good, young talent. Columbus and possibly a few others too. I hope we unload MacDonald as well.

Vegas is going to end up with probably 15+ picks, three or four of them in the first round, easily.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet at least all four teams that made the conference finals this year end up making a trade with Vegas to avoid losing good, young talent. Columbus and possibly a few others too. I hope we unload MacDonald as well.

Vegas is going to end up with probably 15+ picks, three or four of them in the first round, easily.

Yep. The twitters think they've got a deal in place with the Ducks, BJs, Blackhawks, and Isles already. The guys in Canada seem to be expecting Vegas to have at least 3, maybe as many as 5, first rounders this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta a lot of catching up to do in this thread, getting ready to have a kid and getting my house together is sucking up all my summer. I think I need a tractor!

Congrats Chris!

Tell the kid to wait a little while, hockey is too busy until July 1st! :)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No prospects-we have enough,and no god damn unproven players.

gold-prospectors-canada-anjnac.jpg

Hexy has to find gold

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, I would take Nico Hischier in the draft too, so hopefully he falls to us. According to Central Scouting Rankings, Nico is ahead of Nolan in hockey sense, competitiveness, defensive play and skating. He only trails him in puck skills (narrowly) and physical play. Plus, he is slightly younger and doesn't have the injury concerns.

I'll just take the faster, more dynamic player at this point. Either way though, we are getting a potential first line center. So, people can relax about Giroux declining and all of this crap at the age of still just 29. Perhaps in a few years he won't even have to be our top center, but I'm not saying that would happen anytime soon.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Nolan Patrick's closest comparable offensively at the junior level is none other than Sean Couturier. So, let's maybe pass on that if we can...Lol