• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Nolan Patrick's closest comparable offensively at the junior level is none other than Sean Couturier. So, let's maybe pass on that if we can...Lol

Where did you see this Mav? Early on when I was reading about these guys Coots is exactly who I thought of when I was reading about Patrick. That's what initially had me on the Hischier bandwagon.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Chris!

Tell the kid to wait a little while, hockey is too busy until July 1st! :)
She's not expected until Aug 28th, It's all the other stuff that's killing me lol. And thank you. I have a feeling from July 1st until the 28th I'll be running on all cylinders getting stuff done, always comes down to two things, time and money lol. I always seem to have more of the first.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's not expected until Aug 28th, It's all the other stuff that's killing me lol. And thank you. I have a feeling from July 1st until the 28th I'll be running on all cylinders getting stuff done, always comes down to two things, time and money lol. I always seem to have more of the first.
Smart move to have her during the summer so she can watch her first Flyers hockey season before she turns one

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, I would take Nico Hischier in the draft too, so hopefully he falls to us. According to Central Scouting Rankings, Nico is ahead of Nolan in hockey sense, competitiveness, defensive play and skating. He only trails him in puck skills (narrowly) and physical play. Plus, he is slightly younger and doesn't have the injury concerns.

I'll just take the faster, more dynamic player at this point. Either way though, we are getting a potential first line center. So, people can relax about Giroux declining and all of this crap at the age of still just 29. Perhaps in a few years he won't even have to be our top center, but I'm not saying that would happen anytime soon.
Claude Giroux Stats and News

If Gee is not in decline his stats certainly tell a different story. It will however be nice to have him at third line center in two years. :D

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick seems to be the safe choice. Hopefully NJ feels they have to take him. Either way we are improving with either one.
Cant wait for draft day on Friday to know who we will get.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux Stats and News

If Gee is not in decline his stats certainly tell a different story. It will however be nice to have him at third line center in two years. :D

Lol He'll never be a third line center. What are you smoking?

His stats are about to increase this coming season and then nobody will have anything to say.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol He'll never be a third line center. What are you smoking?

His stats are about to increase this coming season and then nobody will have anything to say.
I hope he shuts me up in the first 20 games and gets up off to a good start.:thumb:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see this Mav? Early on when I was reading about these guys Coots is exactly who I thought of when I was reading about Patrick. That's what initially had me on the Hischier bandwagon.

An article on TSN where Bob McKenzie ranked the top players in the upcoming draft.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Ottawa Sun, there are at least eight side deals in place for the Vegas expansion draft and those will all be made known today at 10 am, so this is fast approaching. I hope one of them is with us, but we shall see.

Then the Nhl Awards are today at 5 pm and that's when we'll get the official list of players taken in the expansion draft.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that the Knights really want Patrick and are trying to trade up for him. Assuming the Devils take Hischier, seeming more and more likely, what would you want to trade down? Would you take the #6, another mid-1st round pick and the Knights taking MacDonald in the expansion draft for the #2 pick?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that the Knights really want Patrick and are trying to trade up for him. Assuming the Devils take Hischier, seeming more and more likely, what would you want to trade down? Would you take the #6, another mid-1st round pick and the Knights taking MacDonald in the expansion draft for the #2 pick?

Nope.

It would take a young center (< 24) with top 2 potential for me to move the #2 pick. Don't care about moving AMac, not interested in later first round picks that likely don't have top line potential.

IMO, the Flyers have 1 piece missing from their future, and it's a top 2 center. If they don't get that coming back, they shouldn't trade the pick. IMO

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Devils moving #1 for a package like that though. People seem to think they're more interested in adding D at this point. If they could get Hesikanen or Makar at 6, which is a possibility, they might be interested in something like #6 and #10 (Vegas and Florida are rumored to be talking) plus maybe something else?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

It would take a young center (< 24) with top 2 potential for me to move the #2 pick. Don't care about moving AMac, not interested in later first round picks that likely don't have top line potential.

IMO, the Flyers have 1 piece missing from their future, and it's a top 2 center. If they don't get that coming back, they shouldn't trade the pick. IMO

I agree, as long as the Flyers' assessment of Patrick and his health are favorable. If they are less enamoured with him, I'd make the trade or something close to that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol The Pens are reportedly giving Vegas a pick to make sure Fleury is selected by them. That's how highly sought after he is. And we're going to trade for this $6 million piece of trash? Got to be shitting me!!

Meanwhile, Vegas is literally going to get about a dozen extra picks, half a dozen prospects and another half dozen seemingly overpaid players out of this expansion draft via side deals. I am hearing now 12 of them in total.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

I have to agree. Can't do it. We have an absolute ton of organizational depth at defense, in net and also 2nd, 3rd and 4th line players. This is our one opportunity to draft a guy that could easily become our top line center some day. And no, not in the next season or two, but eventually.

We're clearly not in "win now" mode anyway. If we were, then unloading MacDonald, buying out Read, trading for a top goalie and signing a veteran defender would all be on the docket. That and signing Oshie too.

I'd still like to do some of that. Lots of other teams are paying picks and prospects to get better now. If we don't do anything, maybe we're missing the playoffs again next season.

That said, if we don't unload MacDonald, simply burying him in the Ahl will ultimately make us a lot better.

Last edited: