• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very curious to see what they do. I really don't see a scenario in which Macdonald is not on the ice opening night though (aside from injury). He was 2nd on the team in TOI with only Provorov beating him. They value his contributions and I really don't think they'll trade assets to move him. The way I see it..

Locks (8 F / 3 D): Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Konecny, Filpula, PEB, Provorov, Macdonald, Gudas

Potentials (10 F / 5 D): Lindblom, #2, Vecchione, Read, Raffl, Weise, Leier, Laughton, Cousins, Weal, Morin, Hagg, Myers, Sanheim, Manning

If Weal signs, I'd put him as a lock.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Get rid of them both. Send MacDonald and a couple of picks to Vegas for future considerations and either buyout Read or find a way to trade him too. I like Read as a defensive forward on the third line, but he's paid more like a scorer, which he no longer is.

Even if we buyout Read, that's $7.325 million in extra cap space if we ship MacDonald to Vegas too. Use that extra cap space to sign Oshie, who played for Hakstol in college, and trade for a solid, but younger defender who other teams can't protect in the expansion draft. Someone like Dumba in Minnesota or Ellis in Nashville.

We would be so much better of a team with these changes that it can't even be put into words.
I am in favor of these changes but it sounds to easy. There has got to be a reason why these changes haven't been made by Hexy already.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in favor of these changes but it sounds to easy. There has got to be a reason why these changes haven't been made by Hexy already.

Well, because Vegas will be interested in picks and it's already been said that they plan on taking on some salaries in order to collect more of them. They have the space to make these moves involving multiple teams and players, so they will probably wait and sell these options to the highest bidders.

You wouldn't have wanted to buyout Read either until this offseason. It would only be a slight cap hit for two seasons, but save pretty big on this season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying my best to get that 5k posts for a cup. :D

We can do that without having to discuss that fucker MAF...Lol

If you start to read the article, he basically admits how extremely unlikely that trade would be anyway and I agree. Not happening, so let's forget about it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying my best to get that 5k posts for a cup. :D

I honestly don't think that it's that far fetched. If McPhee likes Neuvirth as a split time starter, they could take Fleury and trade him to Philly for Neuvirth +. Then take another split time type guy (Subban, Lack, Niemi, Lehtonen, Reimer, Raanta, Hammond, Grubauer will likely all be available).

Flyers end up with a legit starter, Stolarz is a capable backup, and it only costs the Flyers a net of 3.25 mil against the cap. Fleury is the best goalie of the bunch and I think he's better than any of the UFA options they have.

Vegas ends up with a Neuvirth/Grubauer split and Subban in the minors as the heir apparent. They're set in net for the next 5 years, plus they add some decent value from the Fleury trade in either decently high pick (at least a 2nd i would think) or a decent prospect like Rubstov or something. Which is obviously better than just taking Neuvirth in the expansion draft.

I don't think it will happen, but I really don't think it's out of the question. It could make sense for both sides.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think that it's that far fetched. If McPhee likes Neuvirth as a split time starter, they could take Fleury and trade him to Philly for Neuvirth +. Then take another split time type guy (Subban, Lack, Niemi, Lehtonen, Reimer, Raanta, Hammond, Grubauer will likely all be available).

Flyers end up with a legit starter, Stolarz is a capable backup, and it only costs the Flyers a net of 3.25 mil against the cap. Fleury is the best goalie of the bunch and I think he's better than any of the UFA options they have.

Vegas ends up with a Neuvirth/Grubauer split and Subban in the minors as the heir apparent. They're set in net for the next 5 years, plus they add some decent value from the Fleury trade in either decently high pick (at least a 2nd i would think) or a decent prospect like Rubstov or something. Which is obviously better than just taking Neuvirth in the expansion draft.

I don't think it will happen, but I really don't think it's out of the question. It could make sense for both sides.
With all the talk about Fleury i dont understand why we just dont sign Mase .

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. Get rid of them both. Send MacDonald and a couple of picks to Vegas for future considerations and either buyout Read or find a way to trade him too. I like Read as a defensive forward on the third line, but he's paid more like a scorer, which he no longer is.

Even if we buyout Read, that's $7.325 million in extra cap space if we ship MacDonald to Vegas too. Use that extra cap space to sign Oshie, who played for Hakstol in college, and trade for a solid, but younger defender who other teams can't protect in the expansion draft. Someone like Dumba in Minnesota or Ellis in Nashville.

We would be so much better of a team with these changes that it can't even be put into words.

Mentioned some time ago,that they should have made a play for him,when they still had Weber.
He's proven how good he is when given the minutes.He's also the former captain of the 2 consecutive Memorial Cup champ hometown Spitfires.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As scary as it sounds, it's one of the big rumors floating around the Philly area.
If Hextall even sniffed at the idea of bringing in MAF, I will friggin lose it! MAF is the one goaltender that the Flyers can score on consistently, a good goalie to break a slumping streak. No need to bring him on our team.:gaah:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hextall even sniffed at the idea of bringing in MAF, I will friggin lose it! MAF is the one goaltender that the Flyers can score on consistently, a good goalie to break a slumping streak. No need to bring him on our team.:gaah:

I agree with you, but there are so many rumors surrounding the goalie position right now.

All I can say is we should all prepare to have our minds blown!!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but there are so many rumors surrounding the goalie position right now.

All I can say is we should all prepare to have our minds blown!!!!
I don't buy it at all. No way is Hextall that crazy. I think the market will have better options for goaltenders.