• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they got Ghost signed. Gets another one of the big ticket items out of the way. I see the contract as a bit of a risk, but a potentially big reward. He's a little one dimensional, but hat dimension could be awesome. If he continues to develop a little bit, 4.5 would look like a steal the back half of the contract. If he stagnates though, that's an overpayment.

Personally I would have preferred a bridge deal, something like 2 years 2-3 million. I like Ghost a lot, but I think he's a pretty risky investment. Couls payoff huge though.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they got Ghost signed. Gets another one of the big ticket items out of the way. I see the contract as a bit of a risk, but a potentially big reward. He's a little one dimensional, but hat dimension could be awesome. If he continues to develop a little bit, 4.5 would look like a steal the back half of the contract. If he stagnates though, that's an overpayment.

Personally I would have preferred a bridge deal, something like 2 years 2-3 million. I like Ghost a lot, but I think he's a pretty risky investment. Couls payoff huge though.
He did get his play improved in the last half of the season, hoping someone shows him to the weight room this summer, he could use a little more size. I think if he keeps trying to become a better rounded player he can, he seems to have a lot of the ingredients to do so.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, it should've been a two minute minor for unsportsmanlike conduct and a ten minute game misconduct penalty too if you figure he threw the water bottle in protest of a referee decision, which is fair to say.
Exactly my point. I hate this bastard more than you can imagine. This is another reason why the NHL needs to wake the fuck up and stop catering to these SOBs. Sid is dirty and he continues to get away with this BS.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot surprising, really. Did not expect a six year commitment as he will be an UFA after the deal too. The money is not huge at the yearly amount, but it is $27 million altogether and if he doesn't keep improving, yes we are probably overpaying a little.

That said, if he becomes anything like what we imagine he could, then it's a steal of a deal for us. I think it would've been a bridge deal if we didn't have so many other prospects on the way at his same position. With these other guys here too, we're not so concerned if he walks after six seasons. Provorov alone is one we may have for the next 12+ seasons.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also means we simply don't have the money for a goalie making more than probably $3 million unless we somehow unload MacDonald or Read during the upcoming expansion draft. So, we can stop talking about trading for Fleury, which was a joke of a thought anyway...Lol

Things would get interesting if Vegas took Neuvy from us though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Provorov, look at the bang for our buck we're going to be getting out of him in the next two seasons. His cap hit is only $894,167. Then, he will be a RFA and likely get either a two to three year bridge deal or a massive, lengthy contract with huge dollars. I'm thinking he'll still be worth every penny too, no matter the cost.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This also means we simply don't have the money for a goalie making more than probably $3 million unless we somehow unload MacDonald or Read during the upcoming expansion draft. So, we can stop talking about trading for Fleury, which was a joke of a thought anyway...Lol

Things would get interesting if Vegas took Neuvy from us though.

Rumors I've been hearing is when they gave Neuvy the contract it was too bridge the gap between the guys coming up.....we now know this is not the case. They are going to protect Stolarz in the expansion draft and allow Vegas to take Neuvy. Once that happens Mason will be given the spot Neuvy was to have to bridge the gap for Lyons and Carter Hart.

It's just a rumor, but with the way things have happened with the Flyers, it could happen.
I mean we were all a bit shocked with the Neuvy contract only to learn, and no one has said otherwise, that Vegas wants Neuvy. We know they have no intentions on protecting him. Mason has been off the radar, so after Neuvy is gone......who fills the spot?????

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So newest rumor going around is Neuvy gets protected leaving Stolarz open knowing that Vegas won't take Stolarz due to his lack of experience.......

This Shit is nerve racking, guess we all just have to wait and see what plays out.......

I will say this for the Flyers, they a always have tons of speculation on what they will do......
But in the end, they do something no one ever even looked at them doing.

:suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL officiating may be the worst in all major sports. How was tht Preds goal disallowed? You got to be jidding me?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Preds PP is like watching our PP. It looks pathetic. The guys are being cute and looking for the perfect pass, rather than shooting on the net and getting the dirty goal. If this game ends 1-0 of the Pens, I going to look back on the 5-3 miss chances on the PP. Not to mention the ref blew that call w his whistle prematurly. A BS call against the Preds.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So newest rumor going around is Neuvy gets protected leaving Stolarz open knowing that Vegas won't take Stolarz due to his lack of experience.......

This Shit is nerve racking, guess we all just have to wait and see what plays out.......

I will say this for the Flyers, they a always have tons of speculation on what they will do......
But in the end, they do something no one ever even looked at them doing.

:suds:

I'm really not worried at all about the expansion draft. My guess is they'll take Raffl, Laughton, or Neuvirth. I'm not terribly concerned about losing any of those guys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot surprising, really. Did not expect a six year commitment as he will be an UFA after the deal too. The money is not huge at the yearly amount, but it is $27 million altogether and if he doesn't keep improving, yes we are probably overpaying a little.

That said, if he becomes anything like what we imagine he could, then it's a steal of a deal for us. I think it would've been a bridge deal if we didn't have so many other prospects on the way at his same position. With these other guys here too, we're not so concerned if he walks after six seasons. Provorov alone is one we may have for the next 12+ seasons.
This came as a surprise to me but at least its done and hopefully we get the good Ghost and not the first half of last season ghost.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Provorov, look at the bang for our buck we're going to be getting out of him in the next two seasons. His cap hit is only $894,167. Then, he will be a RFA and likely get either a two to three year bridge deal or a massive, lengthy contract with huge dollars. I'm thinking he'll still be worth every penny too, no matter the cost.
If all our young Dmen pan out like we think they are they will command a ton of money. Especially Prov in two more years will want a boat load of money. How can we pay for all of them.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL officiating may be the worst in all major sports. How was tht Preds goal disallowed? You got to be jidding me?
It's absolutely sickening if that was in the preds end do you think they blow the whistle that quickly? Of course not the preds didn't stand a chance...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not worried at all about the expansion draft. My guess is they'll take Raffl, Laughton, or Neuvirth. I'm not terribly concerned about losing any of those guys.
A couple years ago i thought Raffl was going to turn into a power forward on the left wing and now i dont care if we lose him to Vegas. It stinks he hasn't grown into a scorer from the left wing