• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all our young Dmen pan out like we think they are they will command a ton of money. Especially Prov in two more years will want a boat load of money. How can we pay for all of them.

By that time, MacDonald, Filppula, Read, Weise, Gudas, Schenn, Raffl, Neuvy and PEB will all be off the books, so we will have a lot of space to sign them.

Plus, we will have far cheaper prospects at forward and in net to take the place of these guys.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. I hate this bastard more than you can imagine. This is another reason why the NHL needs to wake the fuck up and stop catering to these SOBs. Sid is dirty and he continues to get away with this BS.
It's unfortunate too, dick like Sid have been catered to their whole lives. It's great they have their cup run cause I don't see these assclowns winning another one ever,

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that time, MacDonald, Filppula, Read, Weise, Gudas, Schenn, Raffl, Neuvy and PEB will all be off the books, so we will have a lot of space to sign them.

Plus, we will have far cheaper prospects at forward and in net to take the place of these guys.
Schenn? I didn't realize we didn't want to keep him and PEB seems like a management favorite.

At that time when we pay all of the Dmen how will we be able to afford forwards.

Let me slow it down a bit lets get to this season first. :suds:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn? I didn't realize we didn't want to keep him and PEB seems like a management favorite.

At that time when we pay all of the Dmen how will we be able to afford forwards.

Let me slow it down a bit lets get to this season first. :suds:

Our forwards will be inexpensive and young too, aside from 3 or 4 of them. Ghost just got paid, but he is 24 and has two full seasons in already. It might be awhile before our other defenders get big money. May be two more seasons and a bridge deal before Provorov even gets a major pay day.

This season should be really interesting though. A lot happening here in the next two to three weeks. The protected lists, expansion draft, the draft and free agency.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't deal Macdonald-send him down or healthy scratch the son of a bitch for the entire year.
I'd love for them to buy out Read-he's just not improving,and holding others back.
I think Read is gone. I really hope Hextall can deal Mac to Vegas. We have 11 picks so we can give Vegas a couple to unload the cap.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't deal Macdonald-send him down or healthy scratch the son of a bitch for the entire year.
I'd love for them to buy out Read-he's just not improving,and holding others back.

I have to agree. Get rid of them both. Send MacDonald and a couple of picks to Vegas for future considerations and either buyout Read or find a way to trade him too. I like Read as a defensive forward on the third line, but he's paid more like a scorer, which he no longer is.

Even if we buyout Read, that's $7.325 million in extra cap space if we ship MacDonald to Vegas too. Use that extra cap space to sign Oshie, who played for Hakstol in college, and trade for a solid, but younger defender who other teams can't protect in the expansion draft. Someone like Dumba in Minnesota or Ellis in Nashville.

We would be so much better of a team with these changes that it can't even be put into words.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The changes I mentioned along with a bounce back year from some of our veterans and the infusion of youth that is incoming would make us a legit contender and a virtual lock for the playoffs, in my opinion.

The only thing left to settle would be our goaltending situation and if it ends up being Neuvy/Stolarz, I am probably fine with that. Signing another vet at around $3 million would be ideal though.