• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I see we all agree taking Konecny off the 1st line is stupid. Proves Hakstol doesnt know shit!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fak. No rest for the wicked.

Rags would love to spoil our party

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I see we all agree taking Konecny off the 1st line is stupid. Proves Hakstol doesnt know shit!
I think he's trying to create more balance as Konecny is playing well enough to spark any line. The D and goaltending isn't good enough they are going to have to score a ton to make noise in the playoffs. Why Hagg isn't playing blows my mind though.

As per Elliott I'll give him a pass due to rust but man he better shake it fast...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this was a game we had to have. Seemingly every other rival squeaked out the two points as well. I think we dominated the game largely, but Carolina got some very fortunate bounces and Elliott clearly had some rust. This led to some very nervous moments for us at times, but several of our players stepped up to hand them the finishing blows.

Not surprised at all that Provorov, Couturier and Giroux were three of them as I stated previously.

I think we need to be a lot more physical in every game moving forward, however. Gudas did at least bring that aspect, but his defensive coverage and passing are generally suspect as of late.

I would definitely just ride the youngsters here too on into the playoffs. If we get taken out in round one, at least they will have gained the experience and learned from it.

Also, hopefully Elliott gets another shot Saturday afternoon to prove he is playoff ready. We at least seem to play well in front of him most of the time. If anything at all, that's enough to ride him as the starter.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's trying to create more balance as Konecny is playing well enough to spark any line. The D and goaltending isn't good enough they are going to have to score a ton to make noise in the playoffs. Why Hagg isn't playing blows my mind though.

As per Elliott I'll give him a pass due to rust but man he better shake it fast...

I would play Hagg too, one way or another. I have no real issue with shuffling the lines. I mean, we're dressing the right forwards, at least. That third line looks a little lost at times without Konecny, so there's that. You can probably also put anyone with G/Coots and it will work. Either way, coaches have their reasons for doing this and whatever Hakstol thinks will spark his team is fine with me right now.

The defense and goaltending hasn't been good enough, true, but it can improve. Guys like Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim and Hagg can grow and improve each and every day, as it seems other young guns like Konecny, Patrick and Lindblom have.

The frustrating part of all of this is that even if we win Saturday, which we must do, we're probably playing Tampa or Boston in round one. I hope either Columbus and/or NJ lose Saturday night, which would prevent us from drawing the best team in the east in round one. Their opponents, Nashville and Washington, have virtually nothing to play for though.

I mean, Tampa and Boston can expose our defense and goaltending more than any of these other teams. I'd like to avoid them at all costs, but all we can do now is go win one game, then find out.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Konecny needs to dump the puck deep and not try the drop pass across the ice crap in the neutral zone.

Gudas was shaky in the defensive zone as well .

Hopefully Elliot shakes off the rust. Gotta get the point against the Rags. I dont trust hoping the Panthers lose.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was looking pretty dicey there for a little bit when the Flyers were down and everyone else was up. Glad they pulled it out.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win last night. Why cant we ever just blow out a team that we are capable of.Elliott better get right in a hurry because moving like a turtle isn't going to cut it in the most important game of the year. Cant believe they didn't give Gee an assist on Raffl's goal. i hope that doesn't keep him from getting 100.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant Florida just go away already !

Florida did kind of go away with three straight losses, but we let them off the hook with the inexcusable regulation loss to the Islanders. Get a point in that game and we're already playoff bound, plus have the inside track to at least the first wild card.

We have to approach this game tomorrow like it's a must-win, even though it technically is not. You don't just play for a tie. That's a dangerous proposition. The fucking Rangers will be looking to spoil our party, for sure. We need to be physical, aggressive and throw everything at them. Break their will.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida did kind of go away with three straight losses, but we let them off the hook with the inexcusable regulation loss to the Islanders. Get a point in that game and we're already playoff bound, plus have the inside track to at least the first wild card.

We have to approach this game tomorrow like it's a must-win, even though it technically is not. You don't just play for a tie. That's a dangerous proposition. The fucking Rangers will be looking to spoil our party, for sure. We need to be physical, aggressive and throw everything at them. Break their will.
If the Rags spoil our season that would be the worst possible scenario for me. We need to go out and score early and often.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team records on December 10th:

Blues: 21-8-2 and 44 points

Flyers: 11-11-7 and 29 points

We trailed by 15 points and now we are 4 points ahead...Lol

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomorrow is a must win 100%

If we lose and Florida wins both they have the tie breaker

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is a must win 100%

If we lose and Florida wins both they have the tie breaker

Yes, we fumbled the fucking tiebreaker situation away and now have to rely on points. We even lost the season series to Florida, so if we tied them in ROW (and points), we would still lose out.

Have to play tomorrow afternoon as if it's one game for the Cup. Fucking balls to the wall. It's a good challenge and experience for our team, but a loss would be catastrophic, no doubt.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team records on December 10th:

Blues: 21-8-2 and 44 points

Flyers: 11-11-7 and 29 points

We trailed by 15 points and now we are 4 points ahead...Lol
Did the Blues change divisions and are suddenly our rival for a playoff spot? What does it matter if we outpointed St Louis. We need to outpoint Florida period.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Blues change divisions and are suddenly our rival for a playoff spot? What does it matter if we outpointed St Louis. We need to outpoint Florida period.

Given that we have their 1st round pick this season and they were expected to do far better, it's relevant to us regardless.