• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the energy and skill of the 2nd line, so I will go with Patrick.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders can still score, but have given up the most goals in the entire Nhl. Gotta keep the puck in their zone and make them defend for as much of the game as possible. We should hang at least six on them if we get after it offensively with every line. Their penalty kill is the worst in the Nhl as well, so our power play should be very successful.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coots for me tonight.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go yet again playing down to the level of competition. How do you explain this? This should have been a win.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we go yet again playing down to the level of competition. How do you explain this? This should have been a win.
Because We never get going until we're down, we came roaring back to only watch it slip away at the end again. We will get bounced from the 1st round for sure. We have no killer instinct and come out on the defensive and that aint us. We need to learn how to come out flying or its bye bye time.Don't know if Elliott is the key but we;ll see soon.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because We never get going until we're down, we came roaring back to only watch it slip away at the end again. We will get bounced from the 1st round for sure. We have no killer instinct and come out on the defensive and that aint us. We need to learn how to come out flying or its bye bye time.Don't know if Elliott is the key but we;ll see soon.
I wonder if this team will click again when Elliot comes back? They seem to struggle in games when Mrazek is in net.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this team will click again when Elliot comes back? They seem to struggle in games when Mrazek is in net.
Yea you could call him out on at least one but damn the rest pf the team has to show up before the third, we take too many periods off and that will cost us especially against top teams, even Elliot can't overcome that

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you could call him out on at least one but damn the rest pf the team has to show up before the third, we take too many periods off and that will cost us especially against top teams, even Elliot can't overcome that
This team isn't ready for the big stage yet. I think next season is where we may that next leap. I think between the draft and offseason moves we will have a better look to next year. Taveres is the FA I want badly.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys could be dangerous with a more competent coach. I see him bench key guys down the stretch far too often. :noidea:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys could be dangerous with a more competent coach. I see him bench key guys down the stretch far too often. :noidea:
Yeah I tend to agree. I think some of us here are ready to move on from Hakstol. Not sure how the coaching pool looks?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team isn't ready for the big stage yet. I think next season is where we may that next leap. I think between the draft and offseason moves we will have a better look to next year. Taveres is the FA I want badly.
Free agency aside, if we dont ever address the goalie situation, then playoff runs are meaningless.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's as if we came out trying to win this game in one shift and then packed it in until the third period...Lol Oddly enough, Columbus did exactly the same thing against Detroit, but they did not give up a goal right after overcoming their 1-4 deficit. Instead, they took it to OT and got the win. Should've been the same for us, at worst.

I don't really blame Mrazek for the goals against as we obviously have to play some defense in front of him and also work the puck in the offensive zone way more often, but he didn't give us that big save we could've used.

It's just terrible to watch this unfold. Getting the lone point for OT would've been enormous, but we choked it away just 28 seconds after tying the game. Pathetic!!

Now we're in a position of possibly needing at least three points out of our last two games just to make the playoffs. Our reward for that will likely be Tampa or Boston in round one...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Florida wins out, we could absolutely miss the playoffs here. They have three games in four nights however and two of those against Boston, who are fighting for the number one seed, which should be meaningful for them.

I'm sick and tired of this shit. Just win the next game and we're probably in. Beggars can no longer be choosers. We will play whoever we play, but we appear to have blown any shot at home ice or even a top three seed with this frustrating loss.

Taking that game last night to OT tied at four would've kept us ahead of NJ via the tiebreaker and also given us the inside track to pass the loser of the Pens/Jackets game. So much for those ideas...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

It comes down to the depth of the team for me. The 1st line and 1st pair are high end. The 2nd line is good, but young. If G/Couturier/Konecny/Provy/Ghost are fighting the puck even a little bit, the Flyers look bad. There isn't a second dominant line right now to help burden the load. Next year I think Patrick, Lindblom, and Voracek get to that point. Similarly I hope Sanheim continues to improve and can anchor a 2nd pair to help take some of the burden off Ghost/Provy.

Consistency at a player level is extremely uncommon. Great teams have enough good players so that someone is typically 'on' at any given point. The Flyers will get there, but they aren't quite there.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when we miss the playoffs this year I really wanna hear Hakstols reasoning behind the Hagg scratches? To put anyone besides Provy or Ghost in there and scratch our most physical dman is beyond the realm of stupidity, But hey I'm not sure this coach has ever done anything spectacular since coming here.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

It comes down to the depth of the team for me. The 1st line and 1st pair are high end. The 2nd line is good, but young. If G/Couturier/Konecny/Provy/Ghost are fighting the puck even a little bit, the Flyers look bad. There isn't a second dominant line right now to help burden the load. Next year I think Patrick, Lindblom, and Voracek get to that point. Similarly I hope Sanheim continues to improve and can anchor a 2nd pair to help take some of the burden off Ghost/Provy.

Consistency at a player level is extremely uncommon. Great teams have enough good players so that someone is typically 'on' at any given point. The Flyers will get there, but they aren't quite there.

Good teams aren't constantly scratching good players for not good players either, the constant line changing is effecting play too I think. Why did Haks go away from what working?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams aren't constantly scratching good players for not good players either, the constant line changing is effecting play too I think. Why did Haks go away from what working?

Oh believe me i'm not trying to defend Hak there. His management of the 'bottom' of the lineup has been dreadful. The fact that Read was sent down for the first half of the season and is now out there in the final minute of games with the best the Flyers have to offer and playing PK with Couturier is a prime example of that.

If Lappy wasn't an abysmal PK coach i'd be wondering what the PK could have been if Read had been up all season.