• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked like a team playing their 3rd in 4 and back to back road games. No sense harping on that one.

It's outrageous to start Mrazek in that game IMO. You need him healthy. Team was toast anyway, what's the point of having Mrazek in there and risking injury? Gotta give goalies a rest, can't just run them in to the ground until they're hurt. This isn't college hockey where they play once or twice a week.
I agree, He played some big moments in the first games he really needed a break, I'm sure he said he could go though lol, NHL is a whole other animal then College for sure, When Elliott Returns I see this being a good one-two punch at goalie, We have some serious big games coming up and def need to win the ones were supposed to.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a terrible weekend. Florida looked better than TB. We need to get better in a hurry. If you give up 6 goals and lose a shootout you should never start the next day its just common sense.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, He played some big moments in the first games he really needed a break, I'm sure he said he could go though lol, NHL is a whole other animal then College for sure, When Elliott Returns I see this being a good one-two punch at goalie, We have some serious big games coming up and def need to win the ones were supposed to.
When Elliot returns he is the starter and Mrazek comes in on back to backs. We looked great Saturday and lost and looked terrible yesterday and lost. I have to say if i was going to lose i would rather lose 7-6 than 4-1 anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much time does it take to find out Leier is just not cutting it. Maybe some day we realize this and bring back Read.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of Yanni Gourde, can anyone here tell me they knew who he was before Saturday and knew he had 50 points.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never heard of Yanni Gourde, can anyone here tell me they knew who he was before Saturday and knew he had 50 points.
I thought that he was some Scandinavian folk singer... I be wrong.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Elliot returns he is the starter and Mrazek comes in on back to backs. We looked great Saturday and lost and looked terrible yesterday and lost. I have to say if i was going to lose i would rather lose 7-6 than 4-1 anyway.
I'm not hanging this on Mrazek for various reasons. But agree that Elliott should get first shot as starter as he's one of the leaders. But if Mrazek has a hot hand I play him in the playoffs...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrazek isn't a guy that just came from college. He's an athletic, 26 year old veteran who only has had 24 starts this season, well below what he is capable of. He's already done three back to backs earlier this season without issue. I have no problem riding him during these situations, but we need to play better in front of him. We forced him to face too many odd-man rushes against elite level opponents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrazek isn't a guy that just came from college. He's an athletic, 26 year old veteran who only has had 24 starts this season, well below what he is capable of. He's already done three back to backs earlier this season without issue. I have no problem riding him during these situations, but we need to play better in front of him. We forced him to face too many odd-man rushes against elite level opponents.

College was a shot at Hak not at Mrazek :)

And it's not just a back to back here. It's 3 in less 4 days. Lyon should've had a start there. Sure Mrazek might be able to handle it, but he might get hurt too. They're 10 points clear of the playoff line, no sense in taking that risk. If Mrazek goes down, they're screwed. It has nothing to do with Mrazek playing poorly, it's about the risk. (Though I think you could argue he should've had a stop or two more than he did against FLA)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College was a shot at Hak not at Mrazek :)

You really think Hakstol has yet to make the adjustment from college in his 3rd year at the Nhl level? Lol

I'd rather start Mrazek in a back to back than take what is likely a sure loss in starting Lyon against a team that is streaking.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not hanging this on Mrazek for various reasons. But agree that Elliott should get first shot as starter as he's one of the leaders. But if Mrazek has a hot hand I play him in the playoffs...
By no means would i hang these games on Mrazek. i just think he gives up way to many rebounds where as Elliot is a sponge and therefore forces more faceoffs instead of the play continuing in our zone after a shot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Hakstol has yet to make the adjustment from college in his 3rd year at the Nhl level? Lol

I'd rather start Mrazek in a back to back than take what is likely a sure loss in starting Lyon against a team that is streaking.

So do you plan on starting Mrazek every game until one of the other guys come back? Just driving goalies into the ground until they wear out and can't stop a beach ball, or worse, they get hurt.

All for what? 2 points? Potentially the difference between playing the Pens/Caps in round 1 or playing the on fire Panthers? I'd rather just keep them healthy, even if it's sacrificing the two points with Lyon in there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you plan on starting Mrazek every game until one of the other guys come back? Just driving goalies into the ground until they wear out and can't stop a beach ball, or worse, they get hurt.

Yes, I think he's still fresh and he wants the net right now. Only 24 starts this whole season. He's not Neuvy, he's Mrazek. Two different players.

He's not Elliott either, who had 40 starts before he went down.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think he's still fresh and he wants the net right now. Only 24 starts this whole season. He's not Neuvy, he's Mrazek. Two different players.

He's not Elliott either, who had 40 starts before he went down.

Risk isn't worth the reward to me, but I can agree to disagree. If you're pushing for the playoffs or you have 2 NHL goalies that are healthy, sure. But pretty securely in the playoffs (as long as your one NHL goalie is healthy), not worth the risk to me.

And him wanting the net shouldn't even register into the coaching the decision. If he ever doesn't want the net he should've never been acquired.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All for what? 2 points? Potentially the difference between playing the Pens/Caps in round 1 or playing the on fire Panthers? I'd rather just keep them healthy, even if it's sacrificing the two points with Lyon in there.

Yep, every single point is meaningful right now. No matter how we slice this, we now have three goalies, so one of them should be healthy and rolling at all times.

I wouldn't take it for granted that we make the playoffs either. Florida making it in means only four teams from the Metro get in, so we need to start winning again and our upcoming games are against some very difficult opponents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, every single point is meaningful right now. No matter how we slice this, we now have three goalies, so one of them should be healthy and rolling at all times.

I wouldn't take it for granted that we make the playoffs either. Florida making it in means only four teams from the Metro get in, so we need to start winning again and our upcoming games are against some very difficult opponents.

If Mrazek goes down we don't have one healthy and rolling. That's my whole point. Every point is important sure, but given their place in the standings and injuries to other goalies, Mrazek's health is more important than the 2 points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mrazek goes down we don't have one healthy and rolling. That's my whole point. Every point is important sure, but given their place in the standings and injuries to other goalies, Mrazek's health is more important than the 2 points.

You're jinxing the shit out of this, but Mrazek is not Neuvy. He's not a fragile goalie who gets hurt the second you start relying on him heavily. His injury history is almost spotless.

Again, I wouldn't just assume we're going to make the playoffs either. A streaking Florida makes it tougher to get in and if Pitt and NJ somehow pass us, there's no room for error. We need to ride our best players right now and if they get hurt, so be it.

Our other two goalies are getting healthy now and it won't be too long before one or both of them return.