• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of turnovers by defensemen because forwards leaving the defensive zone way to early.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we fell right into the trap yesterday. Home game against a current non-playoff team that is on the rise and way overdue for a win. They were just hungrier and more desperate than we were.

Luckily, the three teams immediately behind us in the standings all lost in regulation too on the same night, so we don't pay for this, but we can learn from it.

Yes, it's a tough road ahead in the next two weeks, but I think our players tend to rise to the occasion in these circumstances. We've already beaten Tampa, Vegas, Toronto, Washington and San Jose on the road. Those are 5 of the top 10 teams by point total and we're 10th. We got hosed in Nashville on the road in game #4. We took Winnipeg to a shootout and got shut out by Minnesota, but those games were during our losing streak. We have yet to play Boston. And well, that's all of them...Lol

For me, that counts as being pretty damn competitive against the very best Nhl teams and in their buildings too. None of those teams have more than 9 regulation losses on home ice and all of them but San Jose (19) have 20+ wins.

We've probably beaten ourselves in a few games too, so that's also a top ten road win...Lol

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much is the over passing hurting our offense right now.
Yeah it's a problem for some of the guys especially Jake but Konecny made a horrible pass last night hopefully it's not rubbing off on the rest of the team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, much like they were joking about the return of Keith Jones being the reason the Flyers lost last night, we can hang this one on Tox...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Brandon Manning led our defense corps in ice time last night too, which is alarming considering how awful he looked at times and his -2 was the worst of the evening. Maybe Oduya gets a look in his spot once he manages this immigration issue and gets a practice or two under his belt.

Afterall, Johnny'll Do Ya!!

Who knows, maybe we were testing Manning to see if he cracked under the pressure of 21+ minutes and whether starting the veteran Oduya in his place might be a wise decision.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow Brandon Manning led our defense corps in ice time last night too, which is alarming considering how awful he looked at times and his -2 was the worst of the evening. Maybe Oduya gets a look in his spot once he manages this immigration issue and gets a practice or two under his belt.

Afterall, Johnny'll Do Ya!!

Who knows, maybe we were testing Manning to see if he cracked under the pressure of 21+ minutes and whether the veteran Oduya might be worth a chance in his place.
To be fair everyone played awful but after Prov blocked a shot and went down thought to myself how do we replace that guy. Simple answer is we cant.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal showing. Half way through the 2nd I stopped watching and turned to a series about El Chapo, in Spanish, with sub-titles. UGH!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Manning lead the team in TOI is absurd.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the Flipper line start all three periods is also absurd.

Just a bad night by all coaches and players.

Bounce back vs TB and we will be happy again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Seattle all but guaranteed an expansion team for 2020 these days.. i'm looking at that expansion draft for fun and curiosity. This one could be more of a problem than this past one was for the Flyers. From what I think I understand, anyone who has played a full NHL or AHL season by the end of this season, would be eligible. At this point, Giroux is the only NMC/NTC guy that would have to be protected. (Key ineligible guys: Frost, Hart, Allison, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, and anyone drafted between now and then)

So.

Giroux
Voracek
Couturier

Simmonds (if he's re-signed)
Raffl (if he's re-signed)
Laughton (if he's re-signed)
Patrick
Lindblom
Konecny (when he's re-signed)

Aube-Kubel (if he's re-signed)

Gostisbehere
Gudas (if he's re-signed)
Provorv (when he's re-signed)
Hagg (if he's re-signed)
Sanheim (if he's re-signed)
Morin (if he's re-signed)
Myers

Elliot (if he's re-signed)
Mrazek (if he's re-signed)
Stolarz (if he's re-signed)
Lyon (if he's re-signed)

I excluded a few guys in the minors that aren't that critical. Also left off depth guys like Read, Weise, Weal, Leier on the NHL roster that don't really matter and who's contracts will be up.

7 forwards, 3 dmen, and a goalie OR 8 skaters and a goalie

First 5 are easy. Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Ghost, Provorov. If Konecny keeps going like this, I think he's a shoe-in as well. Goalie is probably not an issue, I'll say they re-sign Mrazek and protect him. But then it gets hard. Do you go 7/3/1 or 8/1? Sanheim is probably next up, so protect him.

I think you have to go 7/3/1 so you can protect Patrick. Lindblom is an easy next guy there probably, and you have one more spare forward, i'll protect Laughton not knowing who else is on the team at that point.

The pain comes down to Hagg, Morin, and Myers being exposed. Which may or may not be an issue I suppose.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. I know @lasgop8 likes posting various articles on here so forgive me if this has been posted on the previous page. I think it is class act by our own.
Flyer invites Stoneman Douglas team to game

On another note not in regard to the Flyers, but I feel it still hit the hearts of many in the hockey world. My heart goes out to the Carolina Hurricanes Jordan Staal who lost his infant daughter a couple of days ago. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Staals and the Carolina organization. I just can't imagine the pain and how hockey can possibly be important here after losing such a wonderful gift.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Seattle all but guaranteed an expansion team for 2020 these days.. i'm looking at that expansion draft for fun and curiosity. This one could be more of a problem than this past one was for the Flyers. From what I think I understand, anyone who has played a full NHL or AHL season by the end of this season, would be eligible. At this point, Giroux is the only NMC/NTC guy that would have to be protected. (Key ineligible guys: Frost, Hart, Allison, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, and anyone drafted between now and then)

So.

Giroux
Voracek
Couturier

Patrick
Lindblom

The good news is that we only lose 1. Also, a pick can be sent so they someone who is less painful to lose.
Gostisbehere
Hagg (if he's re-signed)
Myers

Lyon (if he's re-signed)

I excluded a few guys in the minors that aren't that critical. Also left off depth guys like Read, Weise, Weal, Leier on the NHL roster that don't really matter and who's contracts will be up.

First 5 are easy. Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, Ghost, Provorov. If Konecny keeps going like this, I think he's a shoe-in as well. Goalie is probably not an issue, I'll say they re-sign Mrazek and protect him. But then it gets hard. Do you go 7/3/1 or 8/1? Sanheim is probably next up, so protect him.

I think you have to go 7/3/1 so you can protect Patrick. Lindblom is an easy next guy there probably, and you have one more spare forward, i'll protect Laughton not knowing who else is on the team at that point.

The pain comes down to Hagg, Morin, and Myers being exposed. Which may or may not be an issue I suppose.
The good news is that we only lose 1. Also, a pick can be traded so they pick someone less painful to lose. It's a good feeling to have som many guys we want to keep.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind it's 2020 so I'm sure changes of trades or extensions and so forth may come in play. Hextall knows this so I'm not too concerned yet.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that really affected they entire team when they were out there for the opening drop. Who knows its done and i dont expect it will happen again.
I agree, not sure what lab that experiment was thought up in but it was a def Frankenstein.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So.

Giroux
Voracek
Couturier

Patrick
Lindblom

Gostisbehere
Hagg (if he's re-signed)
Myers

Lyon (if he's re-signed)

Uh, I would absolutely pay Seattle a pick or prospect to select a lesser player from our roster. That or to even take a contract we don't want off our hands, but there shouldn't be any of those left at that point.

Just too many good to great players for us to protect. Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Patrick, Lindblom, Konecny, Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, Morin and Myers. Possibly more forwards too.

I would not want to expose any of our young defense. That's the incoming strength and future of our franchise, at least aside from Carter Hart and Morgan Frost.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that will happen again this season (or any other season). Arguably our 5th, 6th or 7th best defenseman leading the team in ice time...Lol

It just wreaks of an embarrassingly bad strategy or even tanking.