• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to stay up late after work to catch this one. Should be one hell of a game. I absolutely expect a response and a bounce back effort against the best team in the east, possibly the entire Nhl. We rise to these occasions over and over again. I think we love the idea of a challenge and a measuring stick. Well, here it is.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're not too worried about potentially missing the playoffs anymore, but the results from games last night are encouraging. The Devils, Jackets and Islanders all go down in regulation. We have a two point lead on Pitt for 2nd and four on NJ with a game in hand on both. Still just one point out of a tie for first place. A win today would be enormous.

I am definitely curious as to who starts in net for this difficult back to back.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts gets first one today!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first period right there is why we love this team so much. Don't challenge us or prepare to get spanked in your own building. I think it all stems from the competitive fire of one Claude Giroux, our fiery, elite-level captain.

And so, Giroux makes the play on the very first goal of the game with a no-look pass across (and through traffic) to Patrick in front for a tap-in goal on the power play.

Not sure why we continue to leave Stamkos wide open on our penalty kill, but he burns us yet again to tie it. We basically gave them that goal.

Then the response by Voracek on a turnover of ex-Flyer Coburn via perfect stick positioning from Patrick in the offensive zone.

Robert Hagg does it again and basically skates through their team and fires a laser top shelf where mama hides the cookies. This guy seriously needs to start shooting more often. You have to love his celebration too as he returns to the bench.

Speaking of shooting more often, Giroux passes on a glorious scoring chance from the slot, instead trying to go across the ice with it, only to be intercepted with about 30 seconds left in the period. Could've been another score right there.

Either way, 3-1 Flyers through one and Nolan Patrick has arrived. Starting to dominate against the best team in the league on their ice. He finished the first goal and made the whole play on the second.

It's a beautiful thing so far, but we cannot let up here. Stay focused, keep our edge and continue to push forward in this one. We're better than these guys when we play our game, quite frankly.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still leading through two, but it has narrowed. I lose my fucking video feed only to get it back just in time to see Tampa get a fluke bounce in front from a terrible angle off Filppula that ends up in our net. They followed that up with a wave of momentum that led to a goal by Girardi. Lehtera, way overdue for a goal, closes out the scoring on a delayed penalty. He's definitely played better as of late and that wasn't a fabulous shot, but he snuck it by Vasilevskiy through traffic.

4-3 Flyers. Very tight game here with a playoff feel to it, for sure. Got to come up with a huge third period and win this one.

On a side note, I have to think we'll have a scary good team upon the return of a healthy Simmonds and Elliott. Nobody is going to want to face us in the playoffs, no matter what seed we are. Why? We can win in your building. We don't care who you are.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking frustrating here in the third period. Tampa riding a giant wave of momentum and getting every bounce to go their way for a 6-5 lead. Mrazek unfortunately just about gave them the goal that fueled the comeback.

Still in this, need to push hard through the end. Lots of scoring to be had in this game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux begins and ends the scoring in regulation.

No surprise either. The captain sends the game to OT tied at 6.

Should be one hell of a finish. I'll be surprised if it goes to a shootout.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can win this shootout against this TB squad?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it of course goes to a shootout...

We should've won it in OT though, but Vasilevskiy basically stood on his head repeatedly.

4 on 3 should be a goal though against any team.

Let's see which goalie has the edge in the shootout.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game for Mrazek. We probably should've won that one, but Vasilevskiy was very good late and we just did not get the bounces. What an absolute nightmare of a game defensively though. These goalies were both repeatedly hung out to dry against elite level playmakers and scorers.

I think we've proven that we can hang with Tampa anywhere though and they are the powerhouse team of the conference right now.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game for Mrazek. We probably should've won that one, but Vasilevskiy was very good late and we just did not get the bounces. What an absolute nightmare of a game defensively though. These goalies were both repeatedly hung out to dry against elite level playmakers and scorers.

I think we've proven that we can hang with Tampa anywhere though and they are the powerhouse team of the conference right now.
I would be more concerned if I were TB however. They have the more pressure moving forward and they made some deals to make the defense better at the deadline, no? They just gave up 6 goals. They won't win the cup with that defense.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more concerned if I were TB however. They have the more pressure moving forward and they made some deals to make the defense better at the deadline, no? They just gave up 6 goals. They won't win the cup with that defense.

Lately they just sort of outscore teams instead of locking them down defensively. They have McD too, but he is injured. We have Simmonds however. It would be one hell of a playoff series, I think, but they would surely be favored. We're coming on as fast and strong as any team though, I believe.

Despite not getting the two points, I think we deserved a better fate and the point we did get is still huge.

Now who will start in net for us tomorrow against a red hot Florida team that is trying to get into the playoffs or even catch us? That is the question now.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately they just sort of outscore teams instead of locking them down defensively. They have McD too, but he is injured. We have Simmonds however. It would be one hell of a playoff series, I think, but they would surely be favored. We're coming on as fast and strong as any team though, I believe.

Despite not getting the two points, I think we deserved a better fate and the point we did get is still huge.

Now who will start in net for us tomorrow against a red hot Florida team that is trying to get into the playoffs or even catch us? That is the question now.
My Question is when Simmer returns do we lose Lindblom? That kid has been a beast and could def bolster any line. With the Simmer return we could very well wield 4 of the best lines in hockey right now IMO, A lot of teams don't have that type of depth and I hope that.s what pushes pass teams like Tampa.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy game very unfortunate to lose. Can someone please explain to AMac that he's supposed to take the pass away on a 2 on 1!!! Learned that at 5 years old cripez...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've started Mrazek again too. The dude is fresh as far as the season is concerned. Not at all his fault in this one either. How many breakaways or 2 on 1's did we give up? I think Lyon would've given up 5 or 6 easily. Not sure how fucking Luongo is still doing this shit either when he's about to turn 39. Not enough high quality chances on him though.

The whole team just didn't look sharp or aware enough. It doesn't help that the refs flag Gudas for a ridiculous interference penalty just two minutes into the game and they scored on it. A hit is not interference when the puck is right there. Fucking idiot ref. Radko got that one on reputation only.

I thought we had the zone time offensively and the shots to get a win, but were shafted by the refs repeatedly and let their quick forwards cherry pick us all game long.

MacDonald being day to day with an upper body injury did not assist either. Oduya came in cold, didn't play much and looked very shaky at times. Tough situation for him to walk into against a team that is essentially in playoff mode now.

Don't hang our heads here. That's a good, young team over there, but we're also much better. We've lost focus a bit defensively here recently, gotten frustrated and then that's carried over into the offense too.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked like a team playing their 3rd in 4 and back to back road games. No sense harping on that one.

It's outrageous to start Mrazek in that game IMO. You need him healthy. Team was toast anyway, what's the point of having Mrazek in there and risking injury? Gotta give goalies a rest, can't just run them in to the ground until they're hurt. This isn't college hockey where they play once or twice a week.