• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Keep him and we are set for a long time at the center position. Trade him and then we're taking a step back, plus hoping that one of our prospects will be a better 3rd line center, which isn't likely.

If he starts next season playing the way he did the last quarter of this season, then nobody in their right mind will want to trade him.

Also, this might be a little over the top optimistic, but what do you trade him for? A scoring winger I guess would be next up, but I'm honestly good with Lindblom, Konecny, Simmonds, and Voracek as the top 6 wingers. Assuming Hak gets his head out of his ass and plays Konecny in the top 6. I'd rather have Couturier has my 3C than try to upgrade one of those guys.

Could look at a top 4 dman, that certainly wouldn't hurt. But is it worth giving up 24 year old Couturier for what could end up being an overpaid 3rd pair guy in 2-3 years?

I really see next year being very similar to the Leafs year this year, and then the Flyers competing for cups the next 5-7 years. Just have to be patient a little longer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Keep him and we are set for a long time at the center position. Trade him and then we're taking a step back, plus hoping that one of our prospects will be a better 3rd line center, which isn't likely.

If he starts next season playing the way he did the last quarter of this season, then nobody in their right mind will want to trade him.
After watching him still look good last night in the worlds id say maybe he has finally learned to keep his feet moving which makes him the player that we all expected. So no on moving him now although if we were ever to move him his value is probably never going to be as high as it is now. We pretty much have to keep him because within year after next hes our number 2 center with Gee as the third line center.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching him still look good last night in the worlds id say maybe he has finally learned to keep his feet moving which makes him the player that we all expected. So no on moving him now although if we were ever to move him his value is probably never going to be as high as it is now. We pretty much have to keep him because within year after next hes our number 2 center with Gee as the third line center.

Lol!! Now you're just trolling your own board...

Maybe that's why Team Canada, the best of the best, wanted Giroux as their captain. Because he's our soon to be third line center in Philly...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe that's why Team Canada, the best of the best, wanted Giroux as their captain. Because he's our soon to be third line center in Philly...
With the new center coming in and Couts improving at the age of 26 year after next where does Gee fit? Oh and FYI If you watched any of Canada's games you would know he is not the captain because of his play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new center coming in and Couts improving at the age of 26 year after next where does Gee fit? Oh and FYI If you watched any of Canada's games you would know he is not the captain because of his play.

Please tell me you're drunk...Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying Giroux should be the 3C (though i don't think 2C is too far down the line now), but Canada is pretty heavily biased towards the Flyers with Hextall and Hakstol (behind Cooper of course) running the show.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Giroux should be the 3C (though i don't think 2C is too far down the line now), but Canada is pretty heavily biased towards the Flyers with Hextall and Hakstol (behind Cooper of course) running the show.
Year after next our stud number 2 pick first line center and Couts at 26 if he keeps moving his feet will be number 2. :nod: :D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone listen to the Broad Street Hockey podcast? second week i've listened to it, pretty solid entertainment.

not perfect on their knowledge haha, but it's good. (they're currently talking about OV playing with Burakovsky, but that's not what happened. they switched spots in the lineup. also took looking it up during the show to know that Murray is in fact still hurt and cant replace fluery)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also just because it makes me really really happy..

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Weise
Raffl-Filpula-Weal

Could be our forward lines next year. :yahoo:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also just because it makes me really really happy..

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Weise
Raffl-Filpula-Weal

Could be our forward lines next year. :yahoo:
One point to be made here is we may not get Patrick so that needs to be addressed Do we still have Weise after the expansion draft is another. Only time will tell

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone listen to the Broad Street Hockey podcast? second week i've listened to it, pretty solid entertainment.

not perfect on their knowledge haha, but it's good. (they're currently talking about OV playing with Burakovsky, but that's not what happened. they switched spots in the lineup. also took looking it up during the show to know that Murray is in fact still hurt and cant replace fluery)
where can this be heard?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One point to be made here is we may not get Patrick so that needs to be addressed Do we still have Weise after the expansion draft is another. Only time will tell

true. but i'm optimistic that hischier could make the team and play that spot at some point too. though, significantly less optimistic that he would make the team next year due to his smaller stature.

i'm pretty confident that Vegas is going to end up taking Laughton. Assuming the Flyers protect all the key guys and their choice ends up being Laughton, Cousins, Weise, Read, or Neuvirth. To me, Laughton has the highest upside of that group so that's who I'd take if I were Vegas.