• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total embarrassment on the skill side and the physical side of the game.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was extremely frustrating, because we mostly played a pretty strong game. We lost this game in just a four minute stretch of the middle period. I would call it a few mistakes, but also some very fortunate bounces for Pittsburgh. Neither Provorov nor Ghost take Reaves in front on his tap-in. Not sure what the hell Hagg was doing on the Sheary goal. He vacates the point and basically gives them a breakaway.

Our special teams completely flunked this one too. 0 for 2 on the kill and 0 for 4 on the man advantage. Just terrible.

I did not expect this as the Pens were coming in ice cold and we had just handed the best team in the Nhl a loss on their home ice.

Either way, this game may have ended 5-1, but it wasn't a blowout type game. Neither team dominated the other, they were just fortunate to capitalize on every single mistake during a short stretch.

If we've learned anything from this team to date though, it's expect the unexpected, which often makes them fucking maddening to watch.

We might want to right this ship quickly as we have a lot of division games coming up. There's no time to sulk over this loss. If we win our games in hand, we're still ahead of the Pens in the standings, believe it or not.

While I agree that 4 bad minutes cost them, did they ever look like they were going to win the game to you last night? They never did for me. They were limiting Pitt's chances, but they didn't really have many of their own either. They had I think two 2 on 1s, one of which was with AMac so that wasn't happening. The other they missed the pass by like 20 feet.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Raffl on that line for a minute? He seems to be having a decent year maybe him?

I would be fine with Raffl up there, but then Voracek is carrying two anchors. They're not getting anything out of Simmonds, Filpula, Weise, Lehtera, Konency, Patrick, or Weal these days. Tough to be a competitive hockey team with 7 of your 12 forwards generate next to nothing offensively.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely true. Don't want to add size just to add size, but the Flyers get pushed around these days, there's no denying that.
It's crazy though because there are quite a few somewhat skilled tough guys now days, Sure we could find or pick one up fairly cheap, someone like McCloud, or Bieksa.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with Raffl up there, but then Voracek is carrying two anchors. They're not getting anything out of Simmonds, Filpula, Weise, Lehtera, Konency, Patrick, or Weal these days. Tough to be a competitive hockey team with 7 of your 12 forwards generate next to nothing offensively.
Exactly spot on post, And that brings up several other questions lol, It really sux because we are on the cusp so I doubt we get to see more of the future called up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way lol. We are lacking in the physical dept and bigger teams, lines exploit this well against us.
Here's why we lack anything physical against any team not just bigger teams and it stems from the top.

Gee-puss
Couts-puss
Flip-puss
Patrick-puss
Weal-puss
Lehtera-Huge puss
Laughton-puss
Weise-puss
Leier-puss
Ghost-puss
Hagg-puss
Sanheim-puss
AMac-puss

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why we lack anything physical against any team not just bigger teams and it stems from the top.

Gee-puss
Couts-puss
Flip-puss
Patrick-puss
Weal-puss
Lehtera-Huge puss
Laughton-puss
Weise-puss
Leier-puss
Ghost-puss
Hagg-puss
Sanheim-puss
AMac-puss
Are you trying to say we have a tough guy identity problem lol?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might as well add Simmonds since he has turned into a puss.

We have a team full of players that play a skill type game with not much skill.
Unfortunately we have a lot of holes still to fill, the fact that Hexy or whoever wont address these issues kind of worries me, If I can see them I gotta think the coach's etc can too?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we have a lot of holes still to fill, the fact that Hexy or whoever wont address these issues kind of worries me, If I can see them I gotta think the coach's etc can too?
Don't feel bad hes got a lot of people fooled.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was glaring last night, and the one game against Anaheim (who gives lots of teams problems with their size). So I'm not overly concerned about it, but I do wish they'd finish their checks more. That's primarily a forward issue for me. Finishing checks on defenders moving the puck.

Also just a quick nitpick of las' list, Hagg is 2nd in the league in hits. He doesn't fight, sure, but he is at least hitting people. Don't really have an argument for anyone else haha

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was glaring last night, and the one game against Anaheim (who gives lots of teams problems with their size). So I'm not overly concerned about it, but I do wish they'd finish their checks more. That's primarily a forward issue for me. Finishing checks on defenders moving the puck.

Also just a quick nitpick of las' list, Hagg is 2nd in the league in hits. He doesn't fight, sure, but he is at least hitting people. Don't really have an argument for anyone else haha

Its not only Anaheim and Pitt. We have trouble with teams that have size, we have trouble with teams that have skill and we have trouble with teams that have size and skill. We missed the playoffs 3 of 5 years and two first round ousts when is it time to get worried.

Your assessment of Hagg is fair i will take him off the list and add the Simmonds of 2017-18 season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do like Haggs game, would like to see him be a little rougher but your 100% correct, he has been the most physical Dman on this team by far.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought Provy had his one bad game for the year last night. When he has a bad game, the team looks even worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not only Anaheim and Pitt. We have trouble with teams that have size, we have trouble with teams that have skill and we have trouble with teams that have size and skill. We missed the playoffs 3 of 5 years and two first round ousts when is it time to get worried.

Your assessment of Hagg is fair i will take him off the list and add the Simmonds of 2017-18 season.

You got a deal re: Hagg and Simmonds

Oh the team on the whole is definitely concerning. I was just saying the physicality thing in particular isn't my biggest concern. Far more concerned with 7 out of 12 forwards providing at best, very little. Konecny and Patrick should get better, but that's still 5 forward spots that are essentially useless at this point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought Provy had his one bad game for the year last night. When he has a bad game, the team looks even worse.

Great point. When he's off, they look really bad.