• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team they posted has Gee at first line center at 32/33 years old, that's not a good sign. Simmer is also in decline now and here we have him in a 2nd line right wing role while being 30 plus and our left wing situation is terrible. Cant win a cup with Stolarz between the pipes. I don't know what this article is really trying to say but if its trying to say we are winning a cup with this team posted they are way off.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team they posted has Gee at first line center at 32/33 years old, that's not a good sign. Simmer is also in decline now and here we have him in a 2nd line right wing role while being 30 plus and our left wing situation is terrible. Cant win a cup with Stolarz between the pipes. I don't know what this article is really trying to say but if its trying to say we are winning a cup with this team posted they are way off.
Yea there was a lot of head scratching there for sure, This is probably far from what they will actually look like, I really don't think Simmer will be here and possibly a few others, you would have to think at some point and time, some of these guys want to be on a winning team instead of a rebuilding squad for years to only have maybe a couple of shots at a cup? IDK the game shifts a lot more now days so who knows, maybe we can win now, a wierd concept I know but hey, for millions of dollars maybe they try?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article is from last summer. Things have changed a bit from five months ago. Several of those players will probably no longer be with us by then. Potentially Simmonds, Raffl and Weal included. I mean they still have Couturier centering the third line.

Either way, it could be a completely different roster if/when we trade for or sign some veterans to use up the rest of that huge cap space.

Our younger players need to start blooming by then too. Most all of them just aren't there yet now and that's fine for the time being.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is from last summer. Things have changed a bit from five months ago. Several of those players will probably no longer be with us by then. Potentially Simmonds, Raffl and Weal included. I mean they still have Couturier centering the third line.

Either way, it could be a completely different roster if/when we trade for or sign some veterans to use up the rest of that huge cap space.

Our younger players need to start blooming by then too. Most all of them just aren't there yet now and that's fine for the time being.
I didn't check the date. Wasted my time even posting about that article.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea there was a lot of head scratching there for sure, This is probably far from what they will actually look like, I really don't think Simmer will be here and possibly a few others, you would have to think at some point and time, some of these guys want to be on a winning team instead of a rebuilding squad for years to only have maybe a couple of shots at a cup? IDK the game shifts a lot more now days so who knows, maybe we can win now, a wierd concept I know but hey, for millions of dollars maybe they try?
Win now would be great but in our reality it would be a huge achievement to just make the playoffs.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win now would be great but in our reality it would be a huge achievement to just make the playoffs.
True but we've seen teams come out of no where before and do the unthinkable but for some reason I just don't feel a winning atmosphere being bred here, I guess maybe if our coach looked a little more like he cared at times other than that stupid poker face, I'd think a little different, I'm not going to get down on any players this is clearly beyond the locker room IMO.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't check the date. Wasted my time even posting about that article.
It's not wasted time, that team isn't much different then what you see now? I guess no one was concerned about the goalie part lol.
If Hart even starts by then he'll probably be just a rookie, so maybe another 2 years to adjust and find his NHL game?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but we've seen teams come out of no where before and do the unthinkable but for some reason I just don't feel a winning atmosphere being bred here, I guess maybe if our coach looked a little more like he cared at times other than that stupid poker face, I'd think a little different, I'm not going to get down on any players this is clearly beyond the locker room IMO.
We have had several coaches and still same result. I still believe this team is lacking player leadership since its been in place for several coaches and general managers now and we are still getting the same result. Player leader defenders go ahead and tear this post to shreds it will help us get closer to 5K.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not wasted time, that team isn't much different then what you see now? I guess no one was concerned about the goalie part lol.
If Hart even starts by then he'll probably be just a rookie, so maybe another 2 years to adjust and find his NHL game?
So that puts us down the road another two years on top of this and next season. Getting to and winning the cup should be closer by now and since it isnt i suggest a player shakeup and let all of our youth and youth we could get in trades grow together.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had several coaches and still same result. I still believe this team is lacking player leadership since its been in place for several coaches and general managers now and we are still getting the same result. Player leader defenders go ahead and tear this post to shreds it will help us get closer to 5K.
Yep and letting Lavi go was another management mistake IMO, I guess unfortunately there is a little bit of grass fires every where, lets hope they bring in the right extinguishers!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that puts us down the road another two years on top of this and next season. Getting to and winning the cup should be closer by now and since it isnt i suggest a player shakeup and let all of our youth and youth we could get in trades grow together.
I'm all for that too, however I think owners would be pretty upset about those other contracts unless you move them lol.