• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. When he's off, they look really bad.
Im just glad he wasn't seriously hurt blocking that shot to the leg last night. Prov blocks so many shots that im afraid the he may get hurt long term doing so. He is too valuable to be blocking so many shots.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also thought Provy had his one bad game for the year last night. When he has a bad game, the team looks even worse.
He is a once in a decade player and i was trying to compare him to someone in the league but he does so many things well i couldn't come up with a comparison. Who do you think he resembles as a player.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a once in a decade player and i was trying to compare him to someone in the league but he does so many things well i couldn't come up with a comparison. Who do you think he resembles as a player.
If he could become a serious force on the PP, he could resemble a Nikolas Lidstrom type Niedermyer type player?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a surprise to me and you but others i would say this article will be enlightening.

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are, to quote Mr. Bill Parcells. And the Flyers are either a team with too many muckers, too little scoring depth and, thus, little counter-punching ability, or they are a team that needs a different message, style of play and technique than what they are being given.

Last night, Michael Raffl, their second-line left winger, made this incredible move on a breakaway, then backhanded the puck across the slot behind goalie Tristan Jarry. In terms of degree of difficulty, the move, and the shot, were 10s. Any contact with either of Jarry’s flailing pad, and the puck was in the net. Instead, it slid across the crease.

Raffl scored Nov. 22 against the Islanders, and had a little spurt after that, pumping in three straight during a surprisingly successful road trip out west in early December. He has scored one goal since. He plays hard every night, is physical, has decent wheels, and is a plus-7 despite an 11-point total.

This is the best part of this article.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real good question. The most comparisons I have seen are a more physical, less offensive Lidstrom. Hopefully he can pick up his offense and get there.

GD Chris p Bacon beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real good question. The most comparisons I have seen are a more physical, less offensive Lidstrom. Hopefully he can pick up his offense and get there.

If he could have half the career Lidstrom has had id be elated. Is there anyone in the game today comparable?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great minds see the same things.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that 4 bad minutes cost them, did they ever look like they were going to win the game to you last night? They never did for me. They were limiting Pitt's chances, but they didn't really have many of their own either. They had I think two 2 on 1s, one of which was with AMac so that wasn't happening. The other they missed the pass by like 20 feet.

The 1st period was pretty strong, we just looked to be off on our passes by a touch the whole night. That and the fucking Pens were extremely fortunate to get four goals in under four minutes of the 2nd. That obviously can't happen, but every bounce was finding one of their sticks in front. Provorov, Ghost and Hagg need to be better, for sure, but they normally are too.

If we had played every period like we did the 1st and then maybe gotten some better power play production, that could've been a win. As we keep saying though, this team will drive you fucking crazy because just when you think they've figured it out, they have another result like this.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so, we get the Isles again tomorrow night and based on our two previous meetings being very tight, competitive OT losses, we will probably either blow them away or get smoked ourselves this time around...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could have half the career Lidstrom has had id be elated. Is there anyone in the game today comparable?

Yes, there is. Drew Doughty is the comparison. They are about the same size, both drafted early in the 1st round. The difference is that Doughty had more of an offensive role with his team earlier on in his career, but both guys are going to be rock solid defensively, can bring the wood physically and log enormous minutes for you.

Obviously their numbers don't compare this season, but Doughty is a way more established player on a better team. Their rookie numbers do compare, despite Provorov not having as much of a role on the power play.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, there is. Drew Doughty is the comparison. They are about the same size, both drafted early in the 1st round. The difference is that Doughty had more of an offensive role with his team earlier on in his career, but both guys are going to be rock solid defensively, can bring the wood physically and log enormous minutes for you.

Obviously their numbers don't compare this season, but Doughty is a way more established player on a better team. Their rookie numbers do compare, despite Provorov not having as much of a role on the power play.
Ill agree with this comparison

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hakstol mailed this one in last night too after it got to 4-1. Provorov played a season low 19:32 and we just rolled four lines, which kept everyone else largely rested too. He averages close to 25 minutes per game. Either that or we were punishing some of our top guys for some bad plays by taking the ice from them. Possibly both.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why we call up guys with size after we fall to a team with size instead of calling up a guy like this FOR the game against Pitt.
Well I could probably say a bunch of things but I want to say somebody watched game film?