• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea how he's doing in the World junior championship??

He got snubbed clearly, but most of the players in that tournament are older and/or bigger. Giroux has been in the same position before several times and he's worked out alright for us then and now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got snubbed clearly, but most of the players in that tournament are older and/or bigger. Giroux has been in the same position before several times and he's worked out alright for us then and now.
Ok just checking on his status. :scratch:

BT dubs Gee was on the 2008 world junior team

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the same lineup tonight as last game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter Hart in net right now for Team Canada against Switzerland. He has only given up one goal on a fluke bounce off a skate in front after a deflection.

Interestingly though, he must have a superstition that he has to be the last player off the ice when they go to intermission. He waited an extra five minutes while the Swiss left their backup goalie out on the ice and the zamboni's circled around for awhile until he left, only to return briefly seconds later after the backup finally left. Really strange stuff. He may be the best goalie prospect on the planet though, so I'll give him a break on this.

Canada leads 6-1 at nearly the end of the 2nd period.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major sigh.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok just checking on his status. :scratch:

BT dubs Gee was on the 2008 world junior team

That was G’s draft +2 year. So next year for Frost (if he’s not on the Flyers)

Konecny is a better comparison at this point. But he’s scoring at a higher rate than Konecny was. Konecny did make Team Canada in his draft +1 year, but scarcely played.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major sigh.
That was a major letdown... I just don't understand how you can shit the bed that badly against a division rival who are 1 point ahead at home. 4th liners and a journeyman Dman embarrassing you. I'm sorry but I'm sending a few guys down and bringing up some hungry players. Even if it for a few games. Bring Morin up for sure...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a major letdown... I just don't understand how you can shit the bed that badly against a division rival who are 1 point ahead at home. 4th liners and a journeyman Dman embarrassing you. I'm sorry but I'm sending a few guys down and bringing up some hungry players. Even if it for a few games. Bring Morin up for sure...
i-am-lacking-heart-and-courage.jpg

Said every Flyers player when facing a bigger team. Reaves owned them like little bitches.
otAcmk

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i-am-lacking-heart-and-courage.jpg

Said every Flyers player when facing a bigger team. Reaves owned them like little bitches.
otAcmk
That's exactly what I meant let Morin crack a few heads it's not like he's worse than some of the other guys. Let the guy show what he has....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was extremely frustrating, because we mostly played a pretty strong game. We lost this game in just a four minute stretch of the middle period. I would call it a few mistakes, but also some very fortunate bounces for Pittsburgh. Neither Provorov nor Ghost take Reaves in front on his tap-in. Not sure what the hell Hagg was doing on the Sheary goal. He vacates the point and basically gives them a breakaway.

Our special teams completely flunked this one too. 0 for 2 on the kill and 0 for 4 on the man advantage. Just terrible.

I did not expect this as the Pens were coming in ice cold and we had just handed the best team in the Nhl a loss on their home ice.

Either way, this game may have ended 5-1, but it wasn't a blowout type game. Neither team dominated the other, they were just fortunate to capitalize on every single mistake during a short stretch.

If we've learned anything from this team to date though, it's expect the unexpected, which often makes them fucking maddening to watch.

We might want to right this ship quickly as we have a lot of division games coming up. There's no time to sulk over this loss. If we win our games in hand, we're still ahead of the Pens in the standings, believe it or not.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the stuff I read on him talks about being physically prepared for the NHL, which, if you watch him closely, I would agree with that assessment. He hasn't had a good offseason in two years due to surgeries, plus jumping straight from juniors to the NHL, adds up to him being a step slow all the time and a little weak on the boards. I think as he gets used to that, he'll start to improve dramatically. You can see when he has the puck in a little bit of space, he does good things with it. Shooting and passing. But he just doesn't create that space for himself right now.
This is 100% on the mark

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I meant let Morin crack a few heads it's not like he's worse than some of the other guys. Let the guy show what he has....
This is where I miss players like Schenn, a good hard nosed blue collar player who is willing to go the extra mile physically for their team. Besides Simmer who is there? Simmer needs to go, I can kind of tell he doesn't want to be here any longer and I really don't blame him, either that or he is really hurting because he shows no physicality at all, I just hope we can get something good on a return, Maybe I'm wrong but time will tell

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously. That was the most embarrassing part of it. The Pens 4th line is garbage and they just totally dominated the Flyers last night.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I don't like having Konecny on the top line, he has done ok to a point but I would rather have a better player in that spot, but that's just me, I still believe he is far from ready.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. But in their defense, he's hurt at the moment haha

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. That was the most embarrassing part of it. The Pens 4th line is garbage and they just totally dominated the Flyers last night.
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way lol. We are lacking in the physical dept and bigger teams, lines exploit this well against us.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I don't like having Konecny on the top line, he has done ok to a point but I would rather have a better player in that spot, but that's just me, I still believe he is far from ready.

Who do you replace him with though? I guess that's the issue they have. The only guys that are useful at 5 on 5 are Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, and maybe Raffl. Nobody else is really doing anything useful aside from maybe Laughton who they want at C.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would've been a perfect game to have Morin. Instead of Manning having to deal with a 6'7" player because Lehtera is a huge puss Morin could've done something and gave us life.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way lol. We are lacking in the physical dept and bigger teams, lines exploit this well against us.

Definitely true. Don't want to add size just to add size, but the Flyers get pushed around these days, there's no denying that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you replace him with though? I guess that's the issue they have. The only guys that are useful at 5 on 5 are Giroux, Couturier, Voracek, and maybe Raffl. Nobody else is really doing anything useful aside from maybe Laughton who they want at C.
Wasn't Raffl on that line for a minute? He seems to be having a decent year maybe him?