• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tick Tock today is going to last forever lol, I have 5 days off and I'm itching to get them started. Also last minute shopping still to do, ugh I'm lazy at times..

I'll be gone to meetings all afternoon that I will have absolutely 0 input in lol, they usually don't ask too many questions from my dept as its all on the computer for everyone to see, but we have to be bored senseless none the less lol.

Anyways if I don't get back here this afternoon, I hope everyone has a great Xmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tick Tock today is going to last forever lol, I have 5 days off and I'm itching to get them started. Also last minute shopping still to do, ugh I'm lazy at times..

I'll be gone to meetings all afternoon that I will have absolutely 0 input in lol, they usually don't ask too many questions from my dept as its all on the computer for everyone to see, but we have to be bored senseless none the less lol.

Anyways if I don't get back here this afternoon, I hope everyone has a great Xmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.
Im off all next week !! Woooohoooooo!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all y’all. That’s southern for you guys! Workin on adopting the culture :p

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty poor game to start the road trip.

Sanheim has to score on that empty net for the first goal. Instead, he somehow managed to push it wide. I'm not sure how because that was a gaping net staring at him.

Also, Elliott can't let in that goal to O'Reilly from below the goal line. That's just embarrassing and he knows it.

Buffalo played a pretty strong game start to finish, but we never really matched their intensity. Again, it sort of wreaks of playing down to the level of competition or overlooking this team when we have division rival Columbus looming the next night.

As good as our power play can be and as bad as their penalty kill is, we need to convert more often with the man advantage, especially with that 5 on 3.

Once we finally forced the Sabres to defend late in the game, which is what they struggle at, we were suddenly scoring goals. Not sure where the offensive pressure was for the rest of the game. It just seemed like we had a slow start and never really recovered.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better effort last night, but we get the unfortunate shootout loss. Both goalies were spectacular and I think special teams was the difference. We blew our three opportunities, gave up a shorthanded breakaway that Elliott stopped and then let them score on their very first power play just 30 seconds into it.

Our power play looks horrific at times and absolutely dynamic at others. I would say we're trying to be too pretty with it and get the tic-tac-toe goal every time. It almost worked once, but Simmonds pushed it back into Bob instead of just inside the post.

The top line continues to dominate with Couturier and Giroux, but now with Konecny too. He adds the element of extreme speed, but is also not very strong on his skates. Couturier had this game on his stick a few times. He deked a forward, cut inside to the slot and beat Bob clean, ripping one off iron with about 15 seconds left in regulation. Then again in OT, he drove wide and took the puck hard to the net. He was about to tap it in and then Johnson slashed him across the stick. Not sure why there was no penalty call on that one. Either way, this guy is a monster right now for us. He does everything and does it well too.

I would've liked to see more shots in the 3rd, but there's little shame in this loss, which cannot be said for the loss the night before. People are going to say Bob outdueled Elliott (and then bring up the trade), but I don't think that's the case. Both goalies were locked in and Dubois made a perfect shot in the shootout.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Weal injured? Not sure why he took a seat last night. He definitely could've done more than Weise or Lehtera, that's for certain.

The defensive pairs still looked alright with new combos. Interesting having Provorov and Ghost together. I think it worked out. No even strength goals allowed in this game.

We're still left looking for more from Patrick. His two 3rd period penalties were costly, although we did kill them off. They racked up a lot of shots in that period however.

And also, who was our backup goalie? Did anyone see?

Rofl

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Caps, Rags and Pens all went down in regulation last night, so to continue the optimism, we actually gained a point on all three of them and sit only four points back of a tie for the final wild card spot.

I truly think we will pile up more wins here soon and then these OT/SO losses are going to look valuable because we'll have fewer regulation losses than most other teams.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, hockey tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready to lose 10 more games in a row if we keep playing like we did tonight. Allowed a ton of odd man rushes and weren't getting any for ourselves. That's pretty much going to be a loss every time out. Not sure what else to say. Very frustrating. We will get absolutely thumped tomorrow if we don't improve any.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it when I watch other teams come out of their D zone most times its effortless, but with us it's a Keystone Kop adventure everytime. Been that way for years and why wont we fix it?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa is 10-1 this month, having scored 3+ goals in every single game. With this also being the second of a back to back on the road for us, I'm just assuming we're going to lose tonight. The only questions are by how many goals and will we just bend over and take it or fight back?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Neuvy should have started last night and Elliott tonight. Does Elliott go back to back?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Neuvy should have started last night and Elliott tonight. Does Elliott go back to back?

He probably will, but I don't think it matters who we put in net tonight. We would need a small miracle to beat this team regardless. If we draw a lot of penalties and light it up on the power play, that is about our only chance, because penalty killing is their only weakness.

We'll get to ride a nice losing steak entering a huge game with the Pens yet again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot fucking believe that Vegas puts together a team of 2nd, 3rd and 4th liners and in year one they are 25-9-2, good for the second best record in the entire Nhl. They are doing it mostly on home ice, but it's insane regardless as they have the third best offense too. That and their special teams are below average.

I guess there is a lot to say for teamwork and collectively playing with a chip on your shoulder. There's literally no other explanation for this. I mean they have some decent players, but no real stars. I can't see James fucking Neal scoring 40 goals again, but that's about his pace. Karlsson is right there with him and he had never scored more than 9 entering this season. It's mind boggling to think about.

Quite frankly, this shit is depressing. Here we have a team chalked full of elite talent at nearly every position and we're half the team they are.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still cannot fucking believe that Vegas puts together a team of 2nd, 3rd and 4th liners and in year one they are 25-9-2, good for the second best record in the entire Nhl. They are doing it mostly on home ice, but it's insane regardless as they have the third best offense too. That and their special teams are below average.

I guess there is a lot to say for teamwork and collectively playing with a chip on your shoulder. There's literally no other explanation for this. I mean they have some decent players, but no real stars. I can't see James fucking Neal scoring 40 goals again, but that's about his pace. Karlsson is right there with him and he had never scored more than 9 entering this season. It's mind boggling to think about.

Quite frankly, this shit is depressing. Here we have a team chalked full of elite talent at nearly every position and we're half the team they are.

Whoever put that team together did a hell of job, they took all blue collar, hard working guys and it's paying off for them. No stars, no pressure and a decent goalie has proven to be a winning combination before and is doing so now, kudos to them. Their top line would only be our third talent wise , but it would be a good one.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far my MVP for this team has to be Elliot. I was down on him in the beginning but he has come up huge for this young team.